Week 16: Falcons @ Ravens

wackywabbit

So we're in the playoffs. We really have to figure out our offense. If we go into this without being able to pass the ball even adequately, we're screwed. Our defense is not good enough against actual good teams to do the bend-but-don't-break thing.

Run the ball effectively to setup the PA game to Mark Andrews on deep crossers. Defense needs to force turnovers.

• Like 1

IMO, best to worst case scenario matchups for first playoff game:

@ Titans (if they win south)

vs Chargers 

@ Jaguars (if they win south)

vs Dolphins

@ Bills

@ Bengals

@ Chiefs

Any of those first 4 and i’m at worst 50/50 toss up type confident. Those last 3 would obviously be more daunting 

9 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

IMO, best to worst case scenario matchups for first playoff game:

@ Titans (if they win south)

vs Chargers 

@ Jaguars (if they win south)

vs Dolphins

@ Bills

@ Bengals

@ Chiefs

Any of those first 4 and i’m at worst 50/50 toss up type confident. Those last 3 would obviously be more daunting 

In terms of odds, no way the Bengals are tougher than the Bills.

But for this team, I'm really just worried about health at this point. Whatever path we get is fine. Not even going to care if the scheme looks better these last two games. We got our ticket and can mess around once we get there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

But for this team, I'm really just worried about health at this point. Whatever path we get is fine. Not even going to care if the scheme looks better these last two games. We got our ticket and can mess around once we get there.

Maybe Roman has a special playoff offense he’s going to unveil, perhaps that’s why he’s putting such bad tape out there.

Heck Lamar is probably in the lab as we speak perfecting this new system so he can go on his Flacco run.

(Don’t mind me, I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.)

30 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So we're in the playoffs. We really have to figure out our offense. If we go into this without being able to pass the ball even adequately, we're screwed. Our defense is not good enough against actual good teams to do the bend-but-don't-break thing.

Run the ball effectively to setup the PA game to Mark Andrews on deep crossers. Defense needs to force turnovers.

Our offense is pray that Lamar puts on the cape and plays like a superhero. Always has been. Wasn't going to be anything else this year.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Maybe Roman has a special playoff offense he’s going to unveil, perhaps that’s why he’s putting such bad tape out there.

Heck Lamar is probably in the lab as we speak perfecting this new system so he can go on his Flacco run.

(Don’t mind me, I’m dreaming of a white Christmas.)

Hey, I'll ride this wave of false hope with you. Whatever it takes! Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Hey, I'll ride this wave of false hope with you. Whatever it takes! Lol

Hey, we've seen it happen.

We can act like perfect roster construction or w/e is the key. But no team, not Eagles, nor Bills, nor Chiefs, nor 49ers... has more than a 20% chance at this point. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

I'd like to see Lamar back next week and this org shifting into treating every game moving forward as a playoff game. The Bengals having to deal with the Bills next week is ideal in terms of potentially maintaining a path to the division even if we lose, but the problem with losing next week is that it also dramatically increases the possibility of ending up in the 6 or 7 seed and starting the playoffs in KC, BUF, or CIN. Winning next week likely puts us in a place where we either end up with the division title and a home playoff game or else a pretty good shot at the 5 seed and a comparatively easier route through the AFC South in Round 1. That's worth pushing for IMO. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Hey, we've seen it happen.

We can act like perfect roster construction or w/e is the key. But no team, not Eagles, nor Bills, nor Chiefs, nor 49ers... has more than a 20% chance at this point. 

Anything can happen once you get in. If Lamar can get hot and the D stays tough, we're 100% in this race. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

The Bengals are on a heater right now, Von Miller is out and Josh Allen has been playing careless football all year. He turns it over on a weekly basis at this point. Id feel relatively comfortable in a rematch with them...at least more comfortable than playing the Bengals who see our offense twice a year and seemed to have done a solid job stopping it the last few times we’ve played. Feel like the only thing that stopped us against the Bills this year was the weather

2 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I think our team matches up better with the Bills than we are giving them credit for. I could see Roquan giving Josh Allen fits when he tries to run.

as gross and ugly and unwatchable as it is, this team can win games when the defence is on it.

Yeah i’d rather play the Bills than Cin or KC tbh I think we’re due to beat them

13 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

The Bengals are on a heater right now, Von Miller is out and Josh Allen has been playing careless football all year. He turns it over on a weekly basis at this point. Id feel relatively comfortable in a rematch with them...at least more comfortable than playing the Bengals who see our offense twice a year and seemed to have done a solid job stopping it the last few times we’ve played. Feel like the only thing that stopped us against the Bills this year was the weather

The Bengals didn't look like they were on a heater today. We also beat the Bengals when they had Chase. The advanced metrics (like DVOA) aren't putting them above us with all our struggles and playing backup QBs, let alone the Bills and Chiefs. They are overrated in my opinion because of their run last year, which also required the right bounces at every game. I put them level with us and below the Bills and Chiefs.