Kevin Stefanski

BetterCallSaul

Does Stefanski stay or go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I’m fine with talking about firing a guy if he deserves it. Stefanski does not. I think he needs a full training camp with Watson where you gear up the offense where he will actually start the season. If we see crappy results then yeah we can start the discussion. 

Oh and fire Joe Woods. Yeah that. And if he doesn’t then yeah we can start the discussion. 

Fire Joe Woods. 

I can’t stand how we play so flat every single game. Look at our coaches on the sidelines. FLAT. We need Stefanski to either completely revamp the coaching staff OR he’s gotta go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m fine with talking about firing a guy if he deserves it. Stefanski does not. I think he needs a full training camp with Watson where you gear up the offense where he will actually start the season. If we see crappy results then yeah we can start the discussion. 

Oh and fire Joe Woods. Yeah that. And if he doesn’t then yeah we can start the discussion. 

Fire Joe Woods. 

I’ve been on record for weeks saying Stefanski starts 2023 with at least a mildly warm seat.  If he decides to keep his other coordinators it’s hot from the start.

It will never stop being wild af that a franchise who’s seen as many HC as this one has still has fans who think the way to achieve success is to hire, fire, wash, rinse, repeat.  Like, holy sht man, look around the league at the best franchises.   This isn’t how they operate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I can’t stand how we play so flat every single game. Look at our coaches on the sidelines. FLAT. We need Stefanski to either completely revamp the coaching staff OR he’s gotta go. 

I don’t think they look flat. 

Like I’ve said quite a few times in here. If the defense had even been just mediocre in the beginning of the season we’re looking at everyone in here feeling completely different in here. 

Well everyone except backy. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been on record for weeks saying Stefanski starts 2023 with at least a mildly warm seat.  If he decides to keep his other coordinators it’s hot from the start.

It will never stop being wild af that a franchise who’s seen as many HC as this one has still has fans who think the way to achieve success is to hire, fire, wash, rinse, repeat.  Like, holy sht man, look around the league at the best franchises.   This isn’t how they operate.

Yessir 

• Like 1

Stefanski should definitely stay. I think it'd be a colossal mistake to fire him unless Sean Payton literally tells Haslam to hire him.

His seat will definitely be warm in 2023, and if he refuses to fire Woods and the defense ***** the bed to start the season again, then his seat will be even warmer. It's playoffs or bust next season.

The only plausible reason to fire Stefanski is if the locker room simply quits on him, which I haven't seen any indication that they have. The only thing this team does poorly that may reflect the coach is we still commit a ton of penalties.

Give him a full season with Watson and get rid of Woods and I think we could potentially look much better next season. If the defense doesn't **** the bed early in the season, we'd still be contending for the playoffs and wouldn't be having this discussion.

But yes, Stef must get rid of Woods. If he doesn't, I'll quickly lose patience with him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You'd think if any fanbase knew that the grass isn't always greener, it'd be us.

Like, who should we replace Stefanski with? Again, unless Sean Payton wants to come here, there's no one who's going to be a definite upgrade. Give me one more year of the guy who's at least proven he's competent as a HC. If we crap the bed next season with a full year of Watson, then I think it's fair to discuss moving on from Stefanski.

If we were to fire Stefanski, he's instantly a top 2-3 candidate for another team to hire after Payton and maybe a dude like DeMeco Ryans.

• Like 1

He’s blindly loyal to terrible assistant coaches and coordinators and does nothing to stick up for players who are struggling. he’s a hypocrite

Players clearly don’t like him or play hard

nobody has particularly developed or improved over the years

teams flat, everyone’s miserable

A head coaches key responsibilities:

assembling a good staff: D grade

Weekly prep: C grade

play-calling: B grade

Development: C grade

Motivating: D grade

leadership: D grade

learning from mistakes: F grade

In game adjustments: C grade 

scheme: B grade

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

He’s blindly loyal to terrible assistant coaches and coordinators and does nothing to stick up for players who are struggling. he’s a hypocrite

Players clearly don’t like him or play hard

nobody has particularly developed or improved over the years

teams flat, everyone’s miserable

A head coaches key responsibilities:

assembling a good staff: D grade

Weekly prep: C grade

play-calling: B grade

Development: C grade

Motivating: D grade

leadership: D grade

learning from mistakes: F grade

In game adjustments: C grade 

scheme: B grade

Talk about conjecture.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

What do you disagree with and why?

one trend I’ve noticed is his defenders almost only talk about the offense like he’s an OC rather than a Hc and the people who don’t like him focus on big picture failures 

Like who doesn't like him?

How's he not stick up for players who are struggling?

How is he a hypocrite?

Who's miserable?

How do you know how well he motivates or provides leadership?

His in game management is good. The only time this season I can think of where I was like WTF was when he made a horrible challenge in the first Ravens game.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 2

I’d argue Stefanski has been an OL magician with developmental aspect. Sure Callahan is a huge part of that, but that also falls under competent staff.

He has helped salvage Njoku.

Wyatt Teller and Pocic were garbage before they were here.

Yeah the buck stops with him in terms of the DC and ST coordinators, but that’s assuming that he has that ability to fire them and not Berry or DePo. Those guys each have staffing responsibilities.

I would say I can’t name dudes on offense not named Jedrick Wills who don’t play hard.

Defensively is another story.

• Like 2

I understand that there were plays left on the field that were the players fault, but Stefanski did not have his A game calling plays today.  It seems that he really, really wants to pass the ball, when this team is, and should be, a run first offense.  I can't get on board with firing him YET, but his seat should be very hot.