Kevin Stefanski

BetterCallSaul

Does Stefanski stay or go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Went from 12 wins to 8 at his behest

To 6 you don't go from the 28th pick to top 10 and not get fired.

They either told haslem that they would be in the playoffs this year incompetence. 

]1 thing for sure if they honestly thought this team is north of the of the 28 draft pick they should all be fired

Stefanski got a “free year” this year because we thought Brissett would be dog crap and prevent us from winning. Then, Brissett was more than good enough to win just about every game we played in this year. The “free year” Stefanski was promised went out the window when the rest of the team went into shambles. We are the least inventive offense with players who have only declined in production and ability with these coaches. And our defense is the most hilariously awful fundamentals team I’ve literally ever watched. What are we doing in practice? High school level fundamentals are not being taught by these clowns.

I know Stefanski is responsible for the Offense, but he has to also be held accountable for what his coaches are not teaching on ST and D.

With the offense going into the toilet since Watson has been back, we now have no unit on our team in the top half of the league. We’re atrocious on all levels.

If we can't climb out of last place, Stefanski should be fired. Up until this week, we were above the Steelers in the standings, but the Raiders couldn't spoil a night in which the Steelers honored Franco Harris. Our last time finishing above them was 1989, also our last division title. And only one coach in Browns history who led them to finish better than the Steelers in a given history is still alive - Sam Rutigliano. However, there are currently no living former Browns coaches with a season sweep of the Steelers to their record. While Rutigliano's 1982 team didn't lose to them, the game in Pittsburgh was canceled because of the strike. For context, 1988 was the last time we swept the Steelers. Marty Schottenheimer, our coach that year, was the last living former Browns coach that swept the Steelers.

Edited by pf9

One of my friends brought up a pretty solid argument for keeping Stefanski

if we fire him, Haslem has to hire someone else, and haslem makes the worst hiring decisions in the NFL

kind of a ‘devil you know’ situation. It might be better to have the 22nd best coach in the NFL than it is to risk improving it knowing you’ll probably hire the 28th best 

22 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

One of my friends brought up a pretty solid argument for keeping Stefanski

if we fire him, Haslem has to hire someone else, and haslem makes the worst hiring decisions in the NFL

kind of a ‘devil you know’ situation. It might be better to have the 22nd best coach in the NFL than it is to risk improving it knowing you’ll probably hire the 28th best 

If the goal is to only make the playoffs next year- Then yes, stick with Stefanski.

We’ve got 8 draft picks. Use them all on front 7 help (I really want a WR in round 2).

Edited by candyman93

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless Payton is interested Stefanski is gonna be here next season.  I think fans might wanna start accepting that.

I doubt he would come here.

Watson is a bit of a **** storm, we dontbhave much room to move asset wise.

The weather gets ****. 

He will want an LA team or the Cowboys

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless Payton is interested Stefanski is gonna be here next season.  I think fans might wanna start accepting that.

I'd say you're almost certainly right, but we do have a buffoon as an owner. So anything is possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'd say you're almost certainly right, but we do have a buffoon as an owner. So anything is possible.

Yeah, we can never really assume anything with his arse in charge.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The Watson/Stefanski offense is a complete nightmare right now tbh. Wed still be technically in the mix with the Jacoby offense, which I thought not possible. I’ve always liked Stefanski but he better figure stuff out this off-season. 

Agreed.  I think Watson missing most of the year has given him a mulligan to some degree but he’s gonna be expected to compete next season.

If we have another 6-7 win season next year he’s gone and I’ll be fine with it.

On 12/25/2022 at 9:42 AM, dawgdish said:

My stance hasn't changed. Give Stefanski another year, provided he replaces Woods & Priefer. If we don't make a playoff push next season, he should be gone. 

You really think we beat

Cincinnati 

Kc

Buffalo with just those changes.

Stefanski has coached us to fewer wins every year next year we will be in the running to surrender the 1st overall for a

50s rated qb and you say fire st and dc

Unless Browns have Peyton or Harbaugh under contract, then Stefanski gets another year.  My input is he needs to relinquish calling the plays and act like a head coach.  Bottom line is there are very few alternatives at head coach.  The special teams has regressed with better players so coach has to go.  Defense has not regressed but has not improved so Woods might be given last chance but Stefanski is responsible for coaching up and making half time and game adjustments as it is absurd for teams to run for big yards all game long.