Kevin Stefanski

BetterCallSaul

Does Stefanski stay or go?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Part of the problem Watson has not won 1game in the playoffs sense signing 400 million in contracts .

I am not paying him to be a 1st round playoff 

Exit no way 

Mahomes is the bar not Pickett 

Not Lamar not Allen 

Mahomes or he is  the worst trade ever.

Look what the Rams gave up for Stafford who only played on a handful of winning teams and didn’t win a playoff game.  He is also 7 years older, so yeah I don’t think that some rule is made that you only trade for a SB winning QB. The Browns are in the thickest division for the next few years.  Let’s see if the Bengals can pay Burrows, Lamar stays, and if Pickett is a good QB. 

The AFC North has had the winner of the division need 10 wins 7 times. Since 02 you’ve needed more to win it.  This isn’t the AFCS where 8-8 can get you in the playoffs or all 3 teams are below .500 every year like the AFCE during he Pats run. 

So with that info the FO thought they needed a QB1, Baker wasn’t that guy to them. They gave up picks that they felt they could part with to get a top 8 QB. Let’s see if that is true.  The rest of this year didn’t matter when he got a! 11 game suspension and gave Watson a good amount of time to get into the game. Crazy to think they could have possibly made the playoffs this year with a few things breaking their way. But NFL stands for Not For Long, So Watson has to be the winner they think he is or this FO and HC are gone next year.  

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Look what the Rams gave up for Stafford who only played on a handful of winning teams and didn’t win a playoff game.  He is also 7 years older, so yeah I don’t think that some rule is made that you only trade for a SB winning QB. The Browns are in the thickest division for the next few years.  Let’s see if the Bengals can pay Burrows, Lamar stays, and if Pickett is a good QB. 

The AFC North has had the winner of the division need 10 wins 7 times. Since 02 you’ve needed more to win it.  This isn’t the AFCS where 8-8 can get you in the playoffs or all 3 teams are below .500 every year like the AFCE during he Pats run. 

So with that info the FO thought they needed a QB1, Baker wasn’t that guy to them. They gave up picks that they felt they could part with to get a top 8 QB. Let’s see if that is true.  The rest of this year didn’t matter when he got a! 11 game suspension and gave Watson a good amount of time to get into the game. Crazy to think they could have possibly made the playoffs this year with a few things breaking their way. But NFL stands for Not For Long, So Watson has to be the winner they think he is or this FO and HC are gone next year.  

What is stafford getting paid verses leshaun?

29 minutes ago, JDD said:

Look what the Rams gave up for Stafford who only played on a handful of winning teams and didn’t win a playoff game

And it paid off with a championship. If the same thing happens here it was successful. If it doesn't, it wasn't. We weren't a team that needed to start competing or win a playoff game, we were already there. A huge deal like we did to get and resign Watson needs to result in being in a better place and the roster seemingly was already set to compete each year Watson was acquired to put us over the top.

At least compete with the big boys every year and at least one year finish on top.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

And it paid off with a championship. If the same thing happens here it was successful. If it doesn't, it wasn't. We weren't a team that needed to start competing or win a playoff game, we were already there. A huge deal like we did to get and resign Watson needs to result in being in a better place and the roster seemingly was already set to compete each year Watson was acquired to put us over the top.

At least compete with the big boys every year and at least one year finish on top.

It is going to be interesting I said at the time of the trade leshaun 3rd best QB in are division now many people say that Leshaun this year and this year only outplayed Lamar and burrows

I said on draft day that this team would go backwards 

You bring up excellent points but he is in the end A 75 rating QB that has 250 million dollar salary.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

What is stafford getting paid verses leshaun?

Stafford has a $160 mil with $130 gtd for 4 years.  Yeah he’s getting paid to. 

37 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hence why they went after him, to try and win a SB. I know you are not arguing that fact. 

Mike was still complaining about the picks. That’s why I don’t think it’s a bad move, you think you are a few pieces away and I don’t look at this roster and disagree. They really need to make a move to be a complete team next year. KS has to bring complimentary football to this team and leadership. Can’t go into January with possibly missing the playoffs. 

37 minutes ago, JDD said:

Hence why they went after him, to try and win a SB. I know you are not arguing that fact. 

Mike was still complaining about the picks. That’s why I don’t think it’s a bad move, you think you are a few pieces away and I don’t look at this roster and disagree. They really need to make a move to be a complete team next year. KS has to bring complimentary football to this team and leadership. Can’t go into January with possibly missing the playoffs. 

Myself when I played I tried to kill opposing teams guards on the way to a running back back sandwich or a retiring the opposing teams qbs.

My thought was I could win a Super Bowl with Mayfield if I had a fearsome foursome defensive front.

This board seems to think we can win with runaround sue.

37 minutes ago, JDD said:

Well, Stefanski can't miss the playoffs next year or he is 100% fired.

The front office probably gets an additional year and if we're still not making noise I'd guess they are all fired.

We weren't in a position that we had to have an elite QB to be a playoff team, we were already that. We made a big move to win a championship, morality be damned, so it has to pay off. If the Browns win a SB with Watson a lot of people will say it's gross but the deal also paid off. Anything short of that and it's just gross.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Were we?  We’ve had four seasons with a winning record since the ‘80s.

I get that we weren’t a 4-5 win team, but we weren’t a perennial playoff team like some franchises are.

I agree the expectations should be high, but the idea of super bowl or bust as the sole defining criteria seems fairly simplistic.

The best way to evaluate whether the trade was worth it is did we improve as a franchise.  Do we go from a .500 ish team to being in the mix every year, getting to the playoffs regularly and occasionally making some noise

• Like 1

Kevin Stefanski is probably the winningest coach in Cleveland since Marty. That’s absolutely insane on a lot of fronts. He also should be getting some credit for that. Yeah he needs to do better. No he shouldn’t get the blame before the FO, but that’s not how the world works unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Kevin Stefanski is probably the winningest coach in Cleveland since Marty. That’s absolutely insane on a lot of fronts. He also should be getting some credit for that. Yeah he needs to do better. No he shouldn’t get the blame before the FO, but that’s not how the world works unfortunately.

Or, and just hear me out, we give all of them some time?

The teams that are consistently competitive aren’t changing head coaches every 3-4 seasons, nor front offices.

For a fanbase that’s seen the green grass of other pastures turn out to cow piles almost exclusively you’d think more folks would get that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or, and just hear me out, we give all of them some time?

The teams that are consistently competitive aren’t changing head coaches every 3-4 seasons, nor front offices.

For a fanbase that’s seen the green grass of other pastures turn out to cow piles almost exclusively you’d think more folks would get that.

I think at this point we have no viable alternative. No first round draft picks for the foreseeable future, a window for our guys entering their mid to upper 20s, and a crazy amount of money invested with no outs to a franchise quarterback whether or not he plays like it.

The easiest out is Stefanski, and you don’t get rid of him unless you’ve got a proven commodity or the wheels fall off completely IMO.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well, Stefanski can't miss the playoffs next year or he is 100% fired.

The front office probably gets an additional year and if we're still not making noise I'd guess they are all fired.

We weren't in a position that we had to have an elite QB to be a playoff team, we were already that. We made a big move to win a championship, morality be damned, so it has to pay off. If the Browns win a SB with Watson a lot of people will say it's gross but the deal also paid off. Anything short of that and it's just gross.

We are a team that needs an elite QB to win a SB. Hell to win the division you need a borderline HOF QB. 

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The best way to evaluate whether the trade was worth it is did we improve as a franchise.

We could have used 3 first round picks and the 55 million per year in cap and improved as a franchise unless you have a monkey guiding your ship.

For the trade to be successful you have to do better than what would be expected with what was given up for the player and what was spent on the player.

2 minutes ago, JDD said:

We are a team that needs an elite QB to win a SB. Hell to win the division you need a borderline HOF QB. 

Why? We have one of the highest paid offensive lines. A stud DE. Great CBs. a $20 million WR. A top paid TE. The best RB in football. There is no reason we have to throw for 400 yards per game to win.