Analysis and Offseason

jetsfan4life51

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

yup, consistently we have open guys who the QB doesn't find. CJ Uzomah was open for a TD vs the Jaguars but Streveler isn't a NFL QB and underthrew him a lot. A competent QB hits CJ for a big TD with how wide open he was. 

That play hurt my soul. It's a throw I've seen old men playing flag football make.

J.D. is not going anywhere, and Saleh will get another year. 

But Saleh will not survive another year with MLF as OC, the DC is on a leash at this point.

Woody is not happy with MLF and is looking to make a change.

As for our needs, IMHO, we need to strengthen what is our most dominant part of our team and bring it into absolute elite status and that is the defense.

NT, LB, S, 1,2,3, another T,C, RB and WR.

Now keep in mind that FA is not addressed here. J.D. has a knack of adding FA's before the draft and the Jags have shown what signing FA's to 130 million will do. N.E. did the same thing last year.

So NT, T, S, would be a priority, but J.D. is in the habit of taking the best player available.

My first move would be to fire all strength and condition coachs ASAP. What the heck are you guys doing? We have so many guys getting hurt makes me wonder if they are doing anything. 

You keep HC and GM.

I think JD is the GM for a lomg time. He is nailing the drafts now and he should get another shot at picking a QB. 

Zach has to go. No one likes him on this team. They lie to the media saying the right things and Zach just makes things worse. This is just needs to end. I think Zach is moved to Arizona for a second round pick. He gets a fresh start with a team that has a WR1 and Murray will miss most of the season anyways. Zach does well they move Murray for a huge ransom. Makes sense to me.

Mike White should get a chance to be the starter at camp and bring in another guy to fight for the job. I think Baker Mayfield is a good fit here and can push Mike White. I give them both 2 year deals. Baker gets 40 and White gets 36 over 2 years. I have also been thinking something new here. This QB can come in and take this team to the superbowl. No it is not Aaron Rodgers. I think he stays in GB. It is Tom Brady. I think Tom is on a mission to get back at BB. He wants to prove to everyone it was him not BB that made the dynasty. He plays BB twice a year and has a great RB and WR. The D is great now which is another think Tom wants. The only think he did say was he never wanted to play for a cold weather team again. Maybe that was the X talking to him. 

I like to have Mosley back. I don't think you guys remember when you lose a great leader like that it can kill the D. Look what Marvin Jones did for that team as a leader and so did Bryan Cox, John Vilma, and others. When you lose that leader it is hard to fill it. I think if Davis takes a paycut keep him if not see ya.

Call me crazy but I think Becton comes in ready to play and play like a beast. He wants his LT job back and will do anything for it. I don't think he rolls over and gives up. I have seen some videos of him. I know these guys are telling him they need him next year to make the O better. I think Brown hangs it up. He lost a step and knows it now. Becton takes over LT. LG will be FA and C will be McG again. The RG will be AVT and the RT will be Mitchell. I think the blood clots get under comtrol. I can recall from the past other NFL players having this and coming back. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Zach has to go. No one likes him on this team

If the Cards offered a 2nd which is a top 40 pick, the Jets might jump. But I do not see any team offering a high enough pick for JD to dump Zach. The best thing for this team is Zach to fade into the shadows and work on his craft. I do not think players dislike Zach, I think they dislike him at QB right now.

I’d like to keep White and, depending on how these last two games go, give him a real shot to earn the starting role next year. The only QB I can see the Jets going after in Jimmy G to challenge him.  Brady and Rodgers would be a one and done deal and the Jets would be no better off in 2024. JD does not work that way. The rest of the potential FA QB’s are JAG’s. We need to draft and develop. Something we have not done in a while. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

My first move would be to fire all strength and condition coachs ASAP. What the heck are you guys doing? We have so many guys getting hurt makes me wonder if they are doing anything. 

You keep HC and GM.

I think JD is the GM for a lomg time. He is nailing the drafts now and he should get another shot at picking a QB. 

Zach has to go. No one likes him on this team. They lie to the media saying the right things and Zach just makes things worse. This is just needs to end. I think Zach is moved to Arizona for a second round pick. He gets a fresh start with a team that has a WR1 and Murray will miss most of the season anyways. Zach does well they move Murray for a huge ransom. Makes sense to me.

Are you encouraging NFL to continue starting Wilson?   lol...

50 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

We'd get a 5th-7th for Wilson at this stage at best, no team would be stupid enough to offer a 2nd rounder.

You remember Panthers' trade for Darnold.   Anyway, I still don't know if JD actually moves on from Wilson as he is still young and still under contract for 2 or 3 years.

7 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

We'd get a 5th-7th for Wilson at this stage at best, no team would be stupid enough to offer a 2nd rounder.

I disagree here. You should get a second round pick for him. There are too many teams that need a QB and a team will bite. Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Jimmy G (who never real started until he went to the 49ers), and a few more all got at least a second round pick. 

36 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I disagree here. You should get a second round pick for him. There are too many teams that need a QB and a team will bite. Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Jimmy G (who never real started until he went to the 49ers), and a few more all got at least a second round pick. 

Baker/Darnold/Rosen are even more reason why he WONT go for a 2nd round pick 

What team do you see giving up a 2 for him?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

You remember Panthers' trade for Darnold.   Anyway, I still don't know if JD actually moves on from Wilson as he is still young and still under contract for 2 or 3 years.

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I do remember these trades, there are some meaningful differences. Mayfield had enjoyed success previously, Darnold and Jimmy G hadn't totally tarnished their reputations either. Wilson is regarded as a dreadful bust after 2 seasons and with a dreadful attitude to boot. Expecting a 2nd is crazy.

Don’t think we trade Wilson. I just think he isn’t for sure the starter for us bc if his draft position. He has A LOT of work to do this off-season to be a starter for us. Bc likely we pay White a decent salary for a couple years. Therefore White is probably getting paid more than Wilson but the ceiling on him is higher. If we listen to the staff, they feel Wilson’s issues can all be fixed. It’s mental and footwork. He needs an off-season plan literally nothing arm related pretty much. Just working on film, processing things and his footwork. And open up a QB competition in camp.

34 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It sure has been a tough year for QB"s First Zach Wilson & than Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield just to mention a few who really underperformed, in 2022 . ONLY Jared Goff, turned around his year with outstanding play with the Lions. 

Cover 2 takes no prisoners.