Analysis and Offseason

jetsfan4life51

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

It sure has been a tough year for QB"s First Zach Wilson & than Russel Wilson, Derek Carr, Carson Wentz, Baker Mayfield just to mention a few who really underperformed, in 2022 . ONLY Jared Goff, turned around his year with outstanding play with the Lions. 

Geno Smith, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Goff, Tua and Daniel Jones all exceeded my expectations.

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Geno Smith, Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence, Goff, Tua and Daniel Jones all exceeded my expectations.

On my post for player that underperformed I wonder how much of their problems are the current system they are playing under. How could a player like Russell Wilson, all of a sudden be a bum?

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

On my post for player that underperformed I wonder how much of their problems are the current system they are playing under. How could a player like Russell Wilson, all of a sudden be a bum?

Russell Wilson was showing some signs of possibly slowing down in Seattle 

20 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Russell Wilson was showing some signs of possibly slowing down in Seattle 

For me Russell's contract is crazy he is 34 years old. He got a five year contract for $ 242,588,000.00 of which $ 161,000.000.oo is guaranteed. Plus Denver gave up two first round picks two second round picks, & one fifth round  pick. There are times I think the world is going nuts. 

Edited by doumeyer

Lets be fair here, the entire coaching staff is over their heads. MLF has gone from 28th O, to 27TH O in ratings but that is only due in part to Breese Hall. How does MLF fare without BH at the beginning of the season?

MLF's O is so predictable it makes teams with the worse D's in the league look capable. Just look at our last 6 games! HELLO!!!!!

The QB coach is terrible, the DL coach almost gets into an altercation with Q because he doesn't trust the line to put pressure on the other team. There is a team meeting to clear the air and afterward the D goes on a tear and rises to elite status. 

Saleh while likable is likewise terrible, he mismanages games, overthinks games, and has thrown the QB room into disarray. I have never seen a HC not only sit his QB but have him in street clothes for 2 games and instead of having him as a third string QB had him sitting in street clothes.

Could we be witnessing Sam Darnold part 2? JD promised Darnold's parents he would get Sam protection and the next year he was traded. Was Sam ready or should he have sat also the first few years? Rodgers sat in GB the first few years. Some players come in and light it up, have good coaching, coaching matters. Just look at Jacksonville or Cincinnati,KC, Detroit, Tenn, The Giants, Buffalo,  etc. 

Then look at the teams always trying to break through. Our coaching staff is terrible, not because they are not talented, but because they are learning on the fly.

As far as FA is concerned or the Draft in JD I trust. The Jets have not had a draft like the 2022 draft in its history, a grand slam by any measurement. 

We are a near elite D, lets get someone to plug up the hole in the run defense, grab a LB, S, and obviously another OL or 2 and lets cut some of the fat on the team.

This is a team with the right cuts cold be 60 million in the good.