Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

If Watson's a no go tomorrow because of his hip - bummer - our passing game will be measurably degraded and easier to defend. It's also added concern about whether this guy's gonna be able to hold up to the NFL pounding.

He can do good things.....but (it seems) he can also get knocked out of games pretty quickly (relative to other players).

Color me concerned.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

If Watson's a no go tomorrow because of his hip - bummer - our passing game will be measurably degraded and easier to defend. It's also added concern about whether this guy's gonna be able to hold up to the NFL pounding.

He can do good things.....but (it seems) he can also get knocked out of games pretty quickly (relative to other players).

Color me concerned.

He came into the year with a lingering injury issue. I’m hoping a proper nfl off season with medical and rehab that comes with it can get him back on track.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Color me concerned.

Will Fuller 2.0.  They need to find another good WR in the draft to set up the next QB for success.  Not to replace Watson, but in addition to him and Doubs.

18 hours ago, Refugee said:

Packers elevate K Ahmed and RB Goodson from the p squad. Slow grinder of a game confirmed.

I have no idea if we can win this one but a great way to do it would be run, run then run some more and pants these guys out on the cold grass, where real football is played. 

Goodson returned kicks in PS right?

Probably says the most about Nixon. 

39 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I got Watson in my fantasy championship. What sucks is he is in the later slot. I got Curtis Samuel early. Is it worth rolling the dice and picking up Cobb to see if Watson can go?

I'm about fifteen years out of date fantasy-wise, but I wouldn't count on Cobb collecting much yards if Watson doesn't play. The reason being, Watson's the main outside threat that can stretch a defense, allowing someone like Cobb to work underneath and get favorable matchups. Take that away and a defense can just guard up close and take their chances one-on-one against our remaining receivers.

2 minutes ago, Zycho32 said:

I'm about fifteen years out of date fantasy-wise, but I wouldn't count on Cobb collecting much yards if Watson doesn't play. The reason being, Watson's the main outside threat that can stretch a defense, allowing someone like Cobb to work underneath and get favorable matchups. Take that away and a defense can just guard up close and take their chances one-on-one against our remaining receivers.

Yea I may just pick up a guy in a later game that's available. Just think Watson could go off on that Vikes defense. And with the chip on the line I want him in.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Yea I may just pick up a guy in a later game that's available. Just think Watson could go off on that Vikes defense. And with the chip on the line I want him in.

You and all of us, no matter what we brag. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1