Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

9 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Almost as funny as the oversensitive GB fans here going crazy over a regular season win bringing you back to .500 and still currently out of the playoffs. Guess it’s just that kind of season for you. 

The luck idea still doesn’t make any sense. Think your team could just as easily lose a rematch at their place. You don’t get to 12-4 bring average (they’re 12-4, right? Something like that). 

Hey little guy maybe your Cowboys will finally reach a title game for the first time in 3 decades. Good luck to you

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He was the kid that struggled once numbers other than whole numbers got introduced.

12 minus 3 is easy.

DVOA has % signs for crissake

He doesn't even make any sense with half his ****. And it's like he only posts in our forum as a supposed DAL fan lol. just odd.

Post game thoughts:

Lots of positives.

+Always good to get the win, and we are still alive for the playoffs.  Considering the hole we dug ourselves, this is a good place to be.

+Jaire talked his game and backed it up.  

+Defense as a whole played well all game against a team that torched them earlier in the season. 3INTs from the safeties.  I think that Amos had a bit of a bounce back game compared to his recent struggles.

+Kick return for a TD.  Nice to be on the other side of special teams.

+Jones and Dillon combined for 150 and a TD on the ground

+Tonyan looked like he was moving better on the TD catch and he had another nice gainer.  Earlier in the year he was still struggling to run.  

+This is the Lazard that I like to see.  Catches 5 of 6, 11.8 per pop.  Move the chains, make some blocks.

Nit-picky negatives.

-Punt block was really bad.

-I don't think this was a particularly good game from LaFleur.  Rodgers was pretty pedestrian, Dillon was not always used to his strengths, the offense with Love was pretty much a 3 play and punt, waste 2 minute drive rather than get some yardage and close the game.  And at least in my view, it didn't seem like it was the players' fault.  

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

Hey little guy maybe your Cowboys will finally reach a title game for the first time in 3 decades. Good luck to you

Hey big strong man (lol) not sure what this has to do anything. Again, you’re really feeling yourself for your team getting back to .500. It looks ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Hey big strong man (lol) not sure what this has to do anything. Again, you’re really feeling yourself for your team getting back to .500. It looks ridiculous. 

What's ridiculous is how you simply refuse statistical trends, or maybe just don't understand them? Either way, it's a bad look and you keep coming back to be a punching bag some more for some reason

3 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

What's ridiculous is how you simply refuse statistical trends, or maybe just don't understand them? Either way, it's a bad look and you keep coming back to be a punching bag some more for some reason

Statistical trends… like winning football games? You’re the one ignoring that. Games aren’t decided on DVOA. The fact that you think I’m a punching bag when you have nothing to bring to the table is laughable. GB fans puffing their chest out because of having one of their few convincing wins to get them to a mighty .500 (lol) on the year and STILL out of the playoffs is laughable and stupid. By all means be encouraged about your team but you guys look laughably delusional. The Vikings have unquestionably had the better season… and if the best argument you have against that is “b-b-Ut tHeYrE lUcKy!!” then I think you should reevaluate what a smart take is vs a lazy (bad) one.

And you’re talking to someone who doesn’t even think the Vikings are quite on the same tier as the Cowboys, Niners, Eagles… but acting like they are legit bad/ average is laughably stupid and just rich coming from a GB fan this year. The bias is incredibly clear.

5 hours ago, Refugee said:

You’re still here hours after our win? Maybe it’s time to **** off. Go fluff up the Vikes blog, they need some sunshine over there. 

Literally a Cowboys fan. I just live in Wisconsin and happen to hear a lot of Packers talk/ engage in it from time to time. Think the Vikings are underrated at this point… meanwhile GB fans are acting like they just won the SB while still not even being part of the current 7 teams slated to represent the NFC in the playoffs. The fact that the Vikings have long held the 2nd seed this season has clearly and obviously been a very big deal for Packer fans. The jealous energy surrounding this season has been too real. Just remember that they’ve had a far better season and you split the series so far. Think a rematch in Minnesota could go quite differently than yesterday… if your team even truly makes it. 

5 hours ago, Striker said:

The Vikings are a good team but not one of the elite teams. They're still a whole tier below the Eagles (with Hurts), Cowboys, and the 49ers despite the similar records. They're just running absolutely pure in one score spots. It's almost like it's a major overcorrection from last year where they had tremendously bad luck in those same spots.

I don’t disagree with the general sentiment here.