Week 17 Gameday Thread (New Years Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (7-8-0) vs Minnesota (12-3-0)

Striker

Vikes game reminded me of how crucial o-line play is.  Game 1, we had Hansen and Newman starting at RG and RT.  Hard to run an offense when blockers are getting toasted repeatedly.  

That was how it seemed for Vikes yesterday.  Life without Bradbury is hard for them.  

I don't know how well Tom/Nijman will hold up vs Detroit or if we get into playoffs.  But the Packers line could also look much more secure than the rearranged ramshackle line that MLF started vs San Fran last year, where four spots were kind of shuffling around.  Might be fun to beat Detroit, and then take a crack in a playoff game with a Bakhti-stabilized o-line.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'd love this a lot more if:

1) the team it happened to wasn't the Vikings.

And 

2) the team doing it wasn't the Packers.

Well done MLF!

More embarrassing was that 10 men on the field. There was some kind of strange paralysis on your sideline because it took several seconds of Rodgers changing the play and no one for Min correcting the issue. Very strange play and led to Cobb catching a quick ball underneath and pushing through a shorthanded defense for a 1st. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

Almost as funny as the oversensitive GB fans here going crazy over a regular season win bringing you back to .500 and still currently out of the playoffs. Guess it’s just that kind of season for you. 

The luck idea still doesn’t make any sense. Think your team could just as easily lose a rematch at their place. You don’t get to 12-4 bring average (they’re 12-4, right? Something like that). 

We already beat the Cowboys before when we weren't playing like this.  Unless you get the #1 seed there is a chance we'll meet again in the WC weekend.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I assume Yosh got banged up yesterday?

mlf said yosh had to come out, was good to go back in but they decided to leave him out in case of emergency if someone else went down (then they would have moved zt inside and yosh back to rt)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

And 

Well done MLF!

i feel that we saw more of these open sets yesterday than i recall in recent memory

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

And 

Well done MLF!

I don't think that is heavy personnel. It looks to me (I can't actually see the players but based on size) like we have 3 WR's, 1 RB and a TE. 

Also, why the heck are those two wide in coverage when you have two inside linebackers who could have moved there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

mlf said yosh had to come out, was good to go back in but they decided to leave him out in case of emergency if someone else went down (then they would have moved zt inside and yosh back to rt)

I don't doubt MLF said that but it doesn't seem like a plausible answer. Yosh was warmed up, ready to go and your response is let him cool down and if someone gets hurt, he can go back in. 

Would have been better for him to say he was available, but only in emergency. 

Someone else posted Yosh was in on special teams after coming out at RT as well. Seems like Tom may have just overtaken him. 

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think that is heavy personnel. It looks to me (I can't actually see the players but based on size) like we have 3 WR's, 1 RB and a TE. 

Also, why the heck are those two wide in coverage when you have two inside linebackers who could have moved there. 

i'd guess deguara, doubs, tonyan, laz, jones from the look of it

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I don't doubt MLF said that but it doesn't seem like a plausible answer. Yosh was warmed up, ready to go and your response is let him cool down and if someone gets hurt, he can go back in. 

Would have been better for him to say he was available, but only in emergency. 

Someone else posted Yosh was in on special teams after coming out at RT as well. Seems like Tom may have just overtaken him. 

yosh was in at the start of the game but had an injury. yosh told mlf he was ready to go back in but by then ZT was in.

i think it was just trying to make sure yosh was good in case bahk went down, even though MLF explicitly mentioned he wanted to keep yosh in case guys on inside of line went down

19 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I assume Yosh got banged up yesterday?

He got hurt last week in Miami and went out of the game. Guess he tried to go and tweaked something so they put Tom in. From report's he could've went back in but since Tom was doing so well they kept him in a reserve emergency role. Yosh probably starts next week.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

yosh was in at the start of the game but had an injury. yosh told mlf he was ready to go back in but by then ZT was in....

Yosh was healthy enough to keep doing ST.  If a guy is ready to go back in but the coach doesn't put him back in, that maybe says the coach doesn't see much advantage in the starter playing.  

• Like 1