Bucs @ Cards. Disaster in the desert.

one_of_a_kind24

9 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

You think dougy P regrets his decision? Lol he was probably like someone turned this down? I’m gonna coach Tlaw for the next 5 plus years.

Plus we have seen coaches outlast GMs before. Look at Vrabel with Jon Robinson. Now he’s gonna get to hire his own GM. 

Can't disagree.  Leftwich thought he had leverage and was mistaken.  It is not likely he gets another OC job.  Probably QB coach possibly.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Can't disagree.  Leftwich thought he had leverage and was mistaken.  It is not likely he gets another OC job.  Probably QB coach possibly.

The man should be black listed for what he's done to our offense

Hope he gets run out of thr league 

I honestly don't know why he's still on our staff

On 12/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, ravishingone said:

I mean Leftwich overplayed his hand but he wasn't wrong about Trent Baalke lol. Lot of overpaid guys on that roster and overdrafted players lol. Walker over Keyvon and Aiden hutchinson? I mean Hutchinson was the clear winner for the top pick and pass rusher lol and he took a HUGE chance on Vernon Gholston 2.0

On 12/26/2022 at 12:05 PM, CP3MVP said:

I mean the jags wanted him and then he foolishly turned the job down because his friend was not gonna be the Gm 😂

That’s  gonna go down as one of the worst career decisions in recent nfl history 

Hindsight is 20/20. But as a first time Head Coach - you don't want to go to a team where the GM is also on the hotseat next year since he screwed up the Meyer hire. 

The Jags may well indeed fire Baalke at some point. It didn't take rocket science to pick T-Law but all the other picks have been questionable especially Walker of Aiden. 

I think Leftwich does get another shot. In all fairness there have been games he's called well but I don't think he's clueless or stupid. Tom is limited and I think some teams will see that Brady isn't making the throws he was capable of making the last two years and that's clearly obvious. On the deep balls he threatens no secondary as you had Evans wide open and underthrows it. Even on that game tying FG in Arizona, Godwin had the secondary smoked down the seem and he had to play defense bc the ball wasn't to the back of the endzone and underthrown. 

It's becoming obvious that this isn't all on Leftwich. And sure - Lenny having 160 yards of offense against the cardinals makes you question why leftwich doens't give him the rock more - then you see him fall quite easily on simple 3rd and 1 in power formations. Look at Denver for example. Analysis have more than broken down the failed red zone plays and highlight the good playcalls that free up open receivers that Russ misses constantly. 

Look in Tampa. you have guys getting open and Tom missing the read. Tom is slower in the pocket than ever and sure his line is not like it used to be. But its the NFL. Pass Rushers are faster and stronger than ever and having an "ELITE Line" just doesn't happen unless you hit on all your picks and invest over years. The bucs built a top 5 OL through multiple drafts in 2015, 2017, 2018 and added Wirfs in 2020. Jensen didn't become a top center until Brady got here BTW. 

Am I opposed to firing Leftwich? Or Bowles? No not at all. But I also know that Tom has a lot of free reign in terms of audibling out of calls and checking into draws (aka the one folks are smashing leftwich on when he checked into the draw on 3rd and 1 during the last drive ) .

You can also pin the lack of Interior OL play on Licht. Marpet retired. And he chose to sign Fournette, Davis, and Gage over paying Cappa. Shaq Mason was not a steal - he didn't fit our scheme as what we wanted more of a road Grater. Mason isn't it. Goedeke was drafted as a long term player that isn't ready to go right now. And Marpet retired. Add in the fact of all the Cap wizardry to try and repeat in 2021 hindered our cap situation for this past offseason and next year. Leverette isn't good at all. Mason sucks as a Run blocker. And Hainsey is proving to be meh - maybe average but he gets blown up a lot on double teams. Even with Jensen back our Guard play is atrocious. 

1 hour ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I think Leftwich does get another shot. In all fairness there have been games he's called well but I don't think he's clueless or stupid. Tom is limited and I think some teams will see that Brady isn't making the throws he was capable of making the last two years and that's clearly obvious. On the deep balls he threatens no secondary as you had Evans wide open and underthrows it. Even on that game tying FG in Arizona, Godwin had the secondary smoked down the seem and he had to play defense bc the ball wasn't to the back of the endzone and underthrown. 

It's becoming obvious that this isn't all on Leftwich. And sure - Lenny having 160 yards of offense against the cardinals makes you question why leftwich doens't give him the rock more - then you see him fall quite easily on simple 3rd and 1 in power formations. Look at Denver for example. Analysis have more than broken down the failed red zone plays and highlight the good playcalls that free up open receivers that Russ misses constantly. 

Look in Tampa. you have guys getting open and Tom missing the read. Tom is slower in the pocket than ever and sure his line is not like it used to be. But its the NFL. Pass Rushers are faster and stronger than ever and having an "ELITE Line" just doesn't happen unless you hit on all your picks and invest over years. The bucs built a top 5 OL through multiple drafts in 2015, 2017, 2018 and added Wirfs in 2020. Jensen didn't become a top center until Brady got here BTW. 

Am I opposed to firing Leftwich? Or Bowles? No not at all. But I also know that Tom has a lot of free reign in terms of audibling out of calls and checking into draws (aka the one folks are smashing leftwich on when he checked into the draw on 3rd and 1 during the last drive ) .

You can also pin the lack of Interior OL play on Licht. Marpet retired. And he chose to sign Fournette, Davis, and Gage over paying Cappa. Shaq Mason was not a steal - he didn't fit our scheme as what we wanted more of a road Grater. Mason isn't it. Goedeke was drafted as a long term player that isn't ready to go right now. And Marpet retired. Add in the fact of all the Cap wizardry to try and repeat in 2021 hindered our cap situation for this past offseason and next year. Leverette isn't good at all. Mason sucks as a Run blocker. And Hainsey is proving to be meh - maybe average but he gets blown up a lot on double teams. Even with Jensen back our Guard play is atrocious. 

Nah I'm not going to let Leftwich get any slack here.

He's garbage and should have never had an NFL job to begin with

Brady looks old because of the OLine play , that imo is why he isn't hitting deep balls.

Sure he isn't what he once was, but the lack of game planning on offense is significantly noticeable.

And the OC takes the blame on that, the QB is supposed to improvise on occasion,  not be the defacto OC.

Bowles is a spineless "leader" and Lefty is a couple IQ points away from needing help bathing himself.

BA is also to blame for handing the keys over so late in the game,  I bet if BA left earlier,  Licht would probably have tried to do a little more with the OLine. But even he couldn't have guess the level of incompetence to come.

Sure it isn't all on Leftwich but I'm going to lean heavily that way Ala 70% Leftwich 30% OLine play/father time. 

Just look at the 9ners, they're offensive coaching is so damn good they have Mr. Irrelevant looking like a decent QB. It's called game planning,  something our offensive coaches don't seem to know how to do.

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Nah I'm not going to let Leftwich get any slack here.

He's garbage and should have never had an NFL job to begin with

Brady looks old because of the OLine play , that imo is why he isn't hitting deep balls.

Sure he isn't what he once was, but the lack of game planning on offense is significantly noticeable.

And the OC takes the blame on that, the QB is supposed to improvise on occasion,  not be the defacto OC.

Bowles is a spineless "leader" and Lefty is a couple IQ points away from needing help bathing himself.

BA is also to blame for handing the keys over so late in the game,  I bet if BA left earlier,  Licht would probably have tried to do a little more with the OLine. But even he couldn't have guess the level of incompetence to come.

Sure it isn't all on Leftwich but I'm going to lean heavily that way Ala 70% Leftwich 30% OLine play/father time. 

Just look at the 9ners, they're offensive coaching is so damn good they have Mr. Irrelevant looking like a decent QB. It's called game planning,  something our offensive coaches don't seem to know how to do.

I'm not knocking Purdy - dude played on a horrible roster and made it look competent at Iowa state for years lol. It's not like anyone can come into that offense and perform - see QB's that failed when Garoppolo went down and even Lance looked lost the few starts he has had. So lets not make the argument "ANY QB can come in and do wonders" 

But I don't disagree Bowles has no fire in him. He's too dry to be a leader. 

I'm not wholeheartedly disagreeing with you on leftwich. We saw him without talent perform horridly in Arizona and not be creative there. But I'm leaning on the whole offensive disaster as fully a Leftwich/Brady incompetence. Brady has say in the gameplan and has a lot of power in terms of playcalling and checking in and out of plays. It's clearly obvious he's limited in the throws he can and can't make anymore through 60 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I'm not knocking Purdy - dude played on a horrible roster and made it look competent at Iowa state for years lol. It's not like anyone can come into that offense and perform - see QB's that failed when Garoppolo went down and even Lance looked lost the few starts he has had. So lets not make the argument "ANY QB can come in and do wonders" 

But I don't disagree Bowles has no fire in him. He's too dry to be a leader. 

I'm not wholeheartedly disagreeing with you on leftwich. We saw him without talent perform horridly in Arizona and not be creative there. But I'm leaning on the whole offensive disaster as fully a Leftwich/Brady incompetence. Brady has say in the gameplan and has a lot of power in terms of playcalling and checking in and out of plays. It's clearly obvious he's limited in the throws he can and can't make anymore through 60 minutes. 

I just feel like if Brady went to Miami or San Fran right now, he'd look like he did year 1 and 2 for us. 

Thats why I'm going in so hard on Leftwich. Granted,  those two coaching staffs offensively are top tier right now , but just last year we were also a juggernaut offensively. You would think that if Leftwich was an up and coming offensive guru, as many touted last year, that he wouldn't have much of a drop off after BA left.

... which couldn't be further from the truth as we've all come to find out unfortunately.

42 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I just feel like if Brady went to Miami or San Fran right now, he'd look like he did year 1 and 2 for us. 

Thats why I'm going in so hard on Leftwich. Granted,  those two coaching staffs offensively are top tier right now , but just last year we were also a juggernaut offensively. You would think that if Leftwich was an up and coming offensive guru, as many touted last year, that he wouldn't have much of a drop off after BA left.

... which couldn't be further from the truth as we've all come to find out unfortunately.

Sorry ...But have you seen how badly he's underthrowing verticle routes? I'm not convinced, sorry. 

3 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Hindsight is 20/20. But as a first time Head Coach - you don't want to go to a team where the GM is also on the hotseat next year since he screwed up the Meyer hire. 

The Jags may well indeed fire Baalke at some point. It didn't take rocket science to pick T-Law but all the other picks have been questionable especially Walker of Aiden. 

Bro He will never get a chance better than this or at all. With Tlaw being a top 10 QB unless you are horrible the floor is 8 or 9 wins a year 

Edited by CP3MVP

19 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Nobody is asking for it for the entire game. Using it on a random drive in the 2nd quarter after we've gone 3 and out the prior three drives might suffice, though. 

Brady is done. Cooked. End of story. The GOAT is the GOAT - no question about it. But we're debating whether or not a 45 year old QB is the problem or not. Father Time eventually wins. It's just hard to admit it bc ITS TOM FREAKING BRADY. 

Defenses have picked up on his limitations. He cannot make those throws anymore that threaten a defense vertically through 4 Qtrs. 1 to 2 a game? Maybe. But when you have Chris Godwin who cooks the Nickle and splits the safety deep on that 2nd last drive that should've been a TD in 2020 or 2021 - Godwin had to comeback and play defense when a throw to the back of the endzone would've been a TD - not a game tying FG. Or evens in 2nd or 3rd qtr - had his man beat and he underthrew him - Same play in the NFC title game where brady throws a laser against kevin king in the endzone to Evans. This ball was underthrown to the DB. 

Running no huddle offense all game or in spurts isn't going to work. It works against the beat up and bad teams like NO and AZ. But SF and other good teams - it won't do anything at all. Getting hyped over Brady and the offense having success in no huddle against arizona - if it's not for a Swing pass to Fournette Behind the LOS that he took what 50 yards down the field or Russell Gage taking a screen pass at the LOS for 25 yards down the field - they don't move the ball. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns

20 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Bro He will never get a chance better than this or at all. With Tlaw being a top 10 QB unless you are horrible the floor is 8 or 9 wins a year 

I'm not saying he will get a chance as a Head Coaching candidate lol but as an OC - i think he will. Same reason why i think Hackett gets another look as a playcaller - Limitations by bad QB play the last year from Brady and 2022 from Wilson. Guys in the league have to just turn on film from Leftwich in 2020-2021 and say "Nice" and 2022 and look at the missed throws and opportuntities from Brady - and be like maybe it's the decline of Brady. 

But I honestly do not fault Leftwich for not wanting to work with Baalke. Sure - in hindsight - that could be a poor move bc of the season that's transpiring now. But if it were me and I'm about to be a first time Head Coach - I'm not sure my first job is under a lame duck GM who could be gone next year as he has a history of poor talent evaluations and assembling a scouting department and poor management decisions that plagued him in SF. Looking at that Jags roster - they could be much better if they made the easier decisions not to deplete their roster and make the obvious choices in certain selections through the draft. (Hutchinson/Thabeux/sauce gardner all day every day over Walker).