Time to Sack Hackett

jolly red giant

His politics notwithstanding, (and we don’t talk that here) companies like Tesla and SpaceX are pretty revolutionary. Walmart is just Walmart; it’s a gigantic retail chain that uses economies of scale (I’m an economist by education) to squeeze out competition and win the price war, it’s not revolutionary in any way. That’s where my criticism of Penner as a “businessman” came in. 

Penner has a chance to make a great hire. He put himself out there as the one making the call. Now George, who spent his life in football, screwed up his coach hire. So it’s fair that now there is a new final decision-maker. I’m sure Penner will consult George, as well as others like Dr. Rice, who he mentioned specifically, and even others from outside the organization but with ties to it, my reporter friend believes he is/has/will reach out to a number of people and named John Elway, Joe Ellis, Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak as people with whom he expects Penner to consult.

Now, if we land a “star” coach like Payton or Harbaugh, that’ll be a win. If we end up with some meh failed retread hire like Dan Quinn or Frank Reich or a rookie “hot coordinator” type, all criticism should be valid if said hire fails. 

House I bought is in a neighborhood very close to Tesla HQ, so I need Musk to not tank that company. The Twitter thing is hilarious. It's not as important as public figures think and it has always been a very difficult platform to monetize. Horrid, ego based purchase 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As a final post script to his disastrous tenure….

At KC and against a Chargers team that for whatever reason rested no one ahead of the playoffs (and got 3 starters hurt well into the late 2Q).   

Anyone who tries to say Hackett wasn’t by far our biggest problem, like 60+ percent or more, for the O - is delusional.   Russell Wilson still has real issues and OMG OL, OL, OL this offseason - but that talk should die now.  Mercifully.  

Edited by Broncofan