What are the chances Jimmy G is in Miami next season.

Dolphinmeister

I just saw Tua is in concussion protocol again, looks like it happened when Miami was up 20 to 10 that could explain the poor play the second half but now brings up another question of durability also. At this point it is just more of the same old same old we as long time fans have dealt with for years now.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:32 AM, hrubes20 said:

Tua is the starter next year, unless he has a serious injury the next couple weeks.  He's gonna have to be balling again next year like he was earlier this year though, to get that 2nd contract.

Another concussion probably pushes us into "serious injury" territory already.  Sigh.  Miami just can't have nice things.

As a non dolphins fan, I would assume that Tua would still head into next year as the starter, and I Think Jimmy is going to want to go into a situation where he is either a lock to be the starter, or is very likely to be the starter. 

I think in the Dolphins case it makes more sense to have a high level back up, but a guy that is clearly still a backup. But you want the guy that you feel like you can rely on for a few games when Tua gets hurt.  There are a number of those types throughout the league. Someone like Darnold could make sense. Brissett coming back could make sense. Guys like that. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

As a non dolphins fan, I would assume that Tua would still head into next year as the starter, and I Think Jimmy is going to want to go into a situation where he is either a lock to be the starter, or is very likely to be the starter. 

I think in the Dolphins case it makes more sense to have a high level back up, but a guy that is clearly still a backup. But you want the guy that you feel like you can rely on for a few games when Tua gets hurt.  There are a number of those types throughout the league. Someone like Darnold could make sense. Brissett coming back could make sense. Guys like that. 

At this point, I think a lot of Dolphins fans have serious concerns about Tua being the long term guy. It's incredibly sad considering his progress, but he just can't stay healthy. He's not long for this league.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

At this point, I think a lot of Dolphins fans have serious concerns about Tua being the long term guy. It's incredibly sad considering his progress, but he just can't stay healthy. He's not long for this league.

It's to the point for me that I want him to step away permanently.  Obviously not due to his on-field product, as he was tremendous this year when healthy.  But I don't want to see Tua in a wheelchair or having issues with simple tasks before he's 30.

15 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

It's to the point for me that I want him to step away permanently.  Obviously not due to his on-field product, as he was tremendous this year when healthy.  But I don't want to see Tua in a wheelchair or having issues with simple tasks before he's 30.

It is a decision any grown person has the right to make for him/herself. I won't fault him for choosing either path. He has proven to me he belongs in this league, if he chose to hang it up now I wish him the best. Retiring due to injury doesn't make him a bust in my eyes.