What are the chances Jimmy G is in Miami next season.

Dolphinmeister

I would not be surprised if a Sean Payton, Tom Brady in Miami deal happened. Coaches do get fired after only one year not saying Mcdaniels will, but he has not won a game yet without a healthy Tua and only the top brass know if they are totally happy McDaniels at this point and they may be. If Payton and Brady were on the radar last year, why would they not be this year when it would be an easier do this year than last. Tua could set and watch behind Brady or be traded to the Saints for Payton. If Miami has any serious thoughts of moving on from Tua with Rodgers, Carr, Jackson and Brady and a few other QB's on the move this would be a good off season to do it.

If you caught McDaniels press conference yesterday, he even acknowledges Tua’s future very subtlety.  I do think there is a real possibility Tua may never play again and I also think Miami must do what they feel is in the best interest if the organization.  This is not a knock on Tua’s ability.  Just think how deadly this offense could be with a fortified OL and 2-3 years of an established system.  It’s scary what could be.  Plus, they will find a version of Kittle.  A TE that can block and is a downfield threat.  

If Miami were to move on, I would love to see Derek Carr in this offense.  He ran the RPO in college and I believe he would be very productive.  Josh McDaniel is the Raiders biggest issue.  Play calling was awful and Carr got them 6 double digit leads that the defense blew.

I would be all for Miami drafting a QB every year.  Create competition.  I’m not sold Skylar can be a good enough passer in this offense.

couple guys I would love to see them look at in later rounds would be (no particular order).  Both guys ran RPO in college and have a ton of experience.  

Dorian Thompson Robinson UCLA

Jake Haener Fresno State

On 1/10/2023 at 9:08 PM, Rgossett07 said:

If you caught McDaniels press conference yesterday, he even acknowledges Tua’s future very subtlety.  I do think there is a real possibility Tua may never play again and I also think Miami must do what they feel is in the best interest if the organization.  This is not a knock on Tua’s ability.  Just think how deadly this offense could be with a fortified OL and 2-3 years of an established system.  It’s scary what could be.  Plus, they will find a version of Kittle.  A TE that can block and is a downfield threat.  

If Miami were to move on, I would love to see Derek Carr in this offense.  He ran the RPO in college and I believe he would be very productive.  Josh McDaniel is the Raiders biggest issue.  Play calling was awful and Carr got them 6 double digit leads that the defense blew.

I would be all for Miami drafting a QB every year.  Create competition.  I’m not sold Skylar can be a good enough passer in this offense.

couple guys I would love to see them look at in later rounds would be (no particular order).  Both guys ran RPO in college and have a ton of experience.  

Dorian Thompson Robinson UCLA

Jake Haener Fresno State

If Tua never plays again, it will be because someone else made that choice for him - everything about his character that I've seen tells me he wants to continue his NFL career at any cost. Dolphins absolutely need to think about contingency options this offseason, but I'd be somewhat surprised if he isn't atop the depth chart going into Week 1, at least initially. Although, whether he's the opening-day starter or not isn't the main topic of uncertainty this offseason - it's whether or not the Dolphins will decide to pick up his 5th-year option for the 2024 campaign, or not.

Despite seeming like a given during his amazing mid-season stretch, I'd wager that his latest concussion swings it back towards the unlikely direction. This would give the Dolphins an easy way to cut ties following next season (while still being able to extend him if he's able to stay productive and healthy, potentially), which would be the earliest I think we'd actually "move on".

• Like 2

My crystal ball is showing me Jimmy Garoppolo as a NY Jet next season........ and that Brady is heavily pursued by multiple teams but ends up in Vegas.  And, it shows me Miami flirting with Aaron Rogers.  Most importantly it shows me Tua comes back to continue playing as a Dolphin.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

If TB12 and Miami were trying to work something out under the table last offseason, why couldn’t they both be still willing to talk this offseason?

I got the impression TB12 was never truly interested in Miami, and our idiot owner just kept pestering him about it. Granted, our WR situation may change things but our OL is still one injury away from sucking (although perhaps we can improve it a bit more this offseason).

Personally I think he may just retire finally. If not, there's a chance we may be in play for his services, but I think its more likely we give Tua one final year to work out. If he does return I think he'll just stay a Buc or join McDaniels in Las Vegas.

On 1/13/2023 at 11:04 AM, Tetsujin said:

If TB12 and Miami were trying to work something out under the table last offseason, why couldn’t they both be still willing to talk this offseason?

I think they will have discussion at some level.  Believe it or not, and I did not at first, Brady reportedly did have interest in playing for the Dolphins in 2022.  Our owner will be 83 yrs old before the start of the 2023 season.  He has spent big money on Stadium upgrades, new practice facilities, compensation packages to Bill Parcells that included ownership.  Ross was desperate for a Championship in year 1 of being the owner.........and he turns 83 in May........Tua is having major health concerns in year 3 of being a pro.......I'm sure Ross is already exploring QB upgrade options.

Edited by Swampbilly

54 minutes ago, Swampbilly said:

Our owner will be 83 yrs old before the start of the 2023 season.  He has spent big money on Stadium upgrades, new practice facilities, compensation packages to Bill Parcells that included ownership.  Ross was desperate for a Championship in year 1 of being the owner.........and he turns 83 in May........Tua is having major health concerns in year 3 of being a pro.......I'm sure Ross is already exploring QB upgrade options.

Not to mention we probably have only couple more seasons of Tyreek being in his prime. We need stability at the QB position while that’s happening.

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

Not to mention we probably have only couple more of seasons of Tyreek being in his prime. We need stability at the QB position while that’s happening.

Just to clarify; IMO the best thing for us at the QB position is for Tua to get healthy and build off of this season's performance over the next 2 seasons.  But, there are some legit concerns about that possibility.