Week 17 GDT: The Draft Bowl - Eagles(13-2) vs Saints(6-9)

AZ_Eaglesfan

This game is obviously very important for our playoff aspirations as we really need a week break considering how beat up we are. Getting to rest guys vs the Giants and having a bye week could end up being massive for getting important guys back(Hurts, Maddox, Lane). Obviously we are a much better team than the Saints at full go.... but we are hurting bad right now so this game has become a whole lot more interesting.

Will Hurts play? Can our pass defense do anything good when Scott is playing significant snaps? Can we stop turning the ball over like prime Jameis Winston? Guess we will find out.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sound like a 3-6 week injury for him from what I’m seeing. We have 4 weeks right now if we get the bye. 

Unfortunately sounds like Maddox is done.

😞

I pray we aren't insanely stubborn and just put CJGJ in the slot when he comes back. Scott can't continue to play significant snaps and Reed has been at least competent at Safety when he has played.

I get that it would likely take time for him to get acclimated there.... but it is the only way this pass defense will remain competent.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Reminder: if they choose to put Maddox on IR he is done for the season because he’s been on IR already 

My guess is he is done for the year. It looked like he had a toe/foot injury. Best case it was turf toe and he will have a chance to play in the playoffs. Most likely he broke something or worse could have a lisfranc injury... either would likely end his season.

Hurts

Davis

CGJ

Quinn

Lane

Maddox

All likely out vs the Saints or let's be real (Hurts) should be. Injuries are derailing this season.

As much as I want a win vs the Saints they better not rush or allow Jalen to talk themselves into playing to early. He takes a hit making that shoulder worse, our SB aspirations/season is completely over. Done!

Edited by Nabbs4u

43 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Lol you say Quinn like he’s ever done anything 

I say Quinn because he's an extra bullet at DE and Body on that DL. He was getting "pressure" just not sacks. 

Robert Quinn was the only player to generate at least a 14% pressure rate in each of the last five full seasons. The 32-year old edge rusher has maintained his burst this season, averaging a 0.77-second get-off (5th-quickest in NFL, min. 100 pass rushes).

With the way injuries are going for this team, we sure AF are not guaranteed to stay healthy at DE the remainder of the season. So yes , Quinn.

Edited by Nabbs4u

39 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I say Quinn because he's an extra bullet at DE and Body on that DL. He was getting "pressure" just not sacks. 

With the way injuries are going for this team, we sure AF are not guaranteed to stay healthy at DE the remainder of the season. So yes , Quinn.

Might as well added DerekBarnett then……