Week 17 GDT: The Draft Bowl - Eagles(13-2) vs Saints(6-9)

AZ_Eaglesfan

23 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If the Eagles and Buccaneers both win Sunday there will be a game between them next year at Raymond James Stadium.

And games in which the Bucs host a Northeastern team are well-attended by fans of the visiting team, often these are fans of these teams that have relocated to the Tampa Bay area.

Are you a bot? 

Lattimore, Werner and Olave are all questionable. If they get those guys back, this game got even tougher.

I think we’ll continue to turn ball over and see a bit of drop off offensively since this Saints D is stout (I think both Lattimore and Werner suit up) and they saw how we like to operate w/ Minshew. This will be a dog fight. I have faith that Gannon and D will bounce back in big way to lead us to the W. I’m thinking a 20-17 heart pounder type game.

34 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lattimore, Werner and Olave are all questionable. If they get those guys back, this game got even tougher.

I think we’ll continue to turn ball over and see a bit of drop off offensively since this Saints D is stout (I think both Lattimore and Werner suit up) and they saw how we like to operate w/ Minshew. This will be a dog fight. I have faith that Gannon and D will bounce back in big way to lead us to the W. I’m thinking a 20-17 heart pounder type game.

Whew, you are scared. Minshew worked the Cowboys defense and it’s better than the Saints’ D. Don’t worry. This is a rocking chair ride. 31-13. 

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Whew, you are scared. Minshew worked the Cowboys defense and it’s better than the Saints’ D. Don’t worry. This is a rocking chair ride. 31-13. 

You're assuming we don't turn it over another 3-4x? That alone will give the Saints a chance if it occurs again. Hell we lost to WTF with Hurts. I'm not sure any game is a gimme down 4 Starters. Just saying. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That would be their biggest loss of season. Don’t see that happening with how banged up we are while they are getting healthier.

I think Cowboys D is pretty overrated, outside of a few dominant performances they’ve been pretty average, maybe even mediocre as of late. Meanwhile NO D has allowed just 14.5 PPG over last 4 (granted very weak opponents outside of 49ers, who they held to 13).

If Minshew is playing like he did last week, and we have no more than 2 turnovers, we are in good shape… but he’s a backup for a reason. Not a given there will be consistency or improvement in his play week to week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

That would be their biggest loss of season. Don’t see that happening with how banged up we are while they are getting healthier.

I think Cowboys D is pretty overrated, outside of a few dominant performances they’ve been pretty average, maybe even mediocre as of late. Meanwhile NO D has allowed just 14.5 PPG over last 4 (granted very weak opponents outside of 49ers, who they held to 13).

If Minshew is playing like he did last week, and we have no more than 2 turnovers, we are in good shape… but he’s a backup for a reason. Not a given there will be consistency or improvement in his play week to week.

All valid points. 

but don’t worry, 31-13

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

You're assuming we don't turn it over another 3-4x? That alone will give the Saints a chance if it occurs again. Hell we lost to WTF with Hurts. I'm not sure any game is a gimme down 4 Starters. Just saying. 

We’re not going back to back 4 TOs after being one of the most discipline teams in the league with it. Just don’t pass it to Quez, we’ll be fine. 

12 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

We’re not going back to back 4 TOs after being one of the most discipline teams in the league with it. Just don’t pass it to Quez, we’ll be fine. 

Or hand it off to Sanders, Boston Scott, hope AJ doesn't get butter fingers on a slant.

I too think it's unlikely but not out of the realm of possibilities either. No Lane, so which human turnstile gets Minshew blown up? Does he fumble, more then once? Does he continue with the Happy feet back peddling every other throw like the Dallas game?

Saints haven't given up more then 20pts in the past 6 games. Not so sure we will be moving it as easily as some believe.  Dallas's defense is overrated but opportunistic. Hence all the yards.