Week 17 GDT: The Draft Bowl - Eagles(13-2) vs Saints(6-9)

AZ_Eaglesfan

8 hours ago, Daimonas said:

The main thing that has me confident going into this game is that Gannon only looks good against bad QBs and the saints have no good QBs. 

Andy Dalton has actually played really well this year.

He’s 3rd in passing grade this year according to PFF only behind Joe Burrow and Patrick Mahomes. Coming in just behind Dalton is Hurts (4th), Tagovailoa (5th) and Allen (6th). For overall grade as a player he’s 5th behind just Mahomes, Allen, Burrow and Hurts.

Dalton is a vet playing good football with some good weapons. He can definitely pick us apart in zone coverage if we allow him the same time back there like we did with Prescott for most of that game.

Marcus (above) who is a NFL YouTuber I watch here and there. He just released his top 10 QBs today and had Hurts 4th (behind Allen, Burrow and Mahomes. But he had Dalton in the HM section along with guys like Prescott, Lawrence, and Tagovailoa.

Edit: Here is the part where he talks about Dalton and Hurts soon after when he gets into the top 5.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

I think I have the numbers correct that AJ needs 9 more catches and Smith needs 10 to beat Irving Fryars mark of 88 as most receptions as an Eagles WR. Crazy they could both do it in one year. 

Yeah they'll break that record whether its this year or not.

I want to see BG get his 10th sack more than anything though.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah they'll break that record whether its this year or not.

I want to see BG get his 10th sack more than anything though.

Also Brown should have the yardage locked up too. Phenomenal season from him year 1. Better than anticipated really. 

BG would be nice, sentimentally. First career double digit seaosn, last year, deep playoff run hopefully. Rides off into sunset. Or gets another bag off of a desperate team. 

Wasn't sure where to ask this but I'm in a serious jam at rb this week due to no Henry Pollard and others injured. Do we think Gainwell will get some decent snaps? There's nothing on my waivers so I grabbed him and Chase Edmonds. Yeah I know gross lol

It's PPR 6 point TDs Rushing and 9 points if the RB catches the TD. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

BG would be nice, sentimentally. First career double digit seaosn, last year, deep playoff run hopefully. Rides off into sunset. Or gets another bag off of a desperate team. 

I don't think BG wants to leave Philly.

Hopefully the Eagles and him can agree to a fair deal for both sides and bring him back in this reduced role. 

Think he would be good to have around for whatever EDGE we hopefully draft in the 1st this year.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Also Brown should have the yardage locked up too. Phenomenal season from him year 1. Better than anticipated really. 

I liked him as a receiver more than Deebo or DK before he became an Eagle, so I'm not too surprised.

10 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Wasn't sure where to ask this but I'm in a serious jam at rb this week due to no Henry Pollard and others injured. Do we think Gainwell will get some decent snaps? There's nothing on my waivers so I grabbed him and Chase Edmonds. Yeah I know gross lol

It's PPR 6 point TDs Rushing and 9 points if the RB catches the TD. 

I don’t think so, certainly not more than 10-15. Would be a TD or bust play.

Looks like Lattimore and Olave are going. This is shaping to be a fringe good opponent we’re playing. Just go and get the W obviously, but I’d be very impressed and excited if we won it handily.

Some interesting stats on PE.com Week 17 Preview when talking about this matchup. Saints defense might be better then the Cowboys TBH. Especially over the last 2 months. 🤞

Saints 5-1 rushing for over 130yds

Saints 5th RZ Defense 

Eagles are #1 RZ Offense but that's obviously with Hurts

Saints 26th vs WR

Saints #1 vs TE

Saints 23rd vs the Run

Eagles 6+ sacks in 4 straight games

Edited by Nabbs4u

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I don't think BG wants to leave Philly.

Hopefully the Eagles and him can agree to a fair deal for both sides and bring him back in this reduced role. 

Think he would be good to have around for whatever EDGE we hopefully draft in the 1st this year.

I liked him as a receiver more than Deebo or DK before he became an Eagle, so I'm not too surprised.

Would love for BG to stay another year and be a vet locker room presence but we’ve seen it many times before Eagle greats leaving for that one last bag. Business is business. 

Im not surprised AJ was as good as advertised. I’m surprised Hurts was able to utilize him as a top WR. Everything worked out really well. 

• Like 1