Week 17: San Francisco 49ers at Las Vegas Raiders

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

49ers elevated Tay Martin & Kemoko Turay, maybe we see some of what Turay brings to the table finally.

Interested to see how well Tay handles the Jennings/Bourne role. We need a cheap option for that roster spot long term. Jennings probably will price himself out. It’s going to be basically impossible to replace Jennings’ dynamism after the catch, but if Tay can block well and run clean routes and have sure hands, it would be a good look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JIllg said:

Interested to see how well Tay handles the Jennings/Bourne role. We need a cheap option for that roster spot long term. Jennings probably will price himself out. It’s going to be basically impossible to replace Jennings’ dynamism after the catch, but if Tay can block well and run clean routes and have sure hands, it would be a good look.

I'd love to see what Martin could bring to the table, but not sure he gets much reps at WR, he was active one other time this year, mainly used as a special teamer I believe. Also I believe keeping Jauan Jennings on a long term deal is possible, along with Deebo & Aiyuk, due to the fact Jauan isn't a UFA until 2025, he's a ERFA after 2022, & a RFA after 2023, so he won't have a chance at a payday until 2025 at earliest, as I doubt the 49ers tender him with an original round tender, seeing as he was a 7th rd pick, and I can see something getting done this offseason multi-year wise, like a 3yr deal, same with Givens, McKivitz, & DFF, all 3 need to get new deals, RFAs, likely get tendered, or re-signed to multi-year deals.

8 hours ago, JIllg said:

I realize he’s a much different type of receiver, but if Gray can’t become WR3 then it was a wasted pick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

I realize he’s a much different type of receiver, but if Gray can’t become WR3 then it was a wasted pick. 

Gray was drafted to play with Trey. I can't believe Shanny hasn't gotten him touches on simple end arounds or screens but we saw the vision in the preseason with Gray. 

Over/under 19.5 snaps for Kinlaw today? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Gray was drafted to play with Trey. I can't believe Shanny hasn't gotten him touches on simple end arounds or screens but we saw the vision in the preseason with Gray. 

Under. Not because of an issue with kinlaw, but I'm hoping that they won't need him or other starters by the 4th

• Like 3

10 hours ago, straighthate said:

Call me crazy but i feel Gray was drafted to replace Aiyuk if we can't come to an agreement with him. With Deebo already on a big deal i don't think its the best idea to pay another receiver a ton of money. Plus serve as a back-up for him in the short term. With Aiyuk taking a step forward and being healthy for the whole year Gray simply just doesn't have much room for playing time.

Edited by Justone2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Call me crazy but i feel Gray was drafted to replace Aiyuk if we can't come to an agreement with him. With Deebo already on a big deal i don't think its the best idea to pay another receiver a ton of money. 

Aiyuk would come much cheaper than Deebo. I think I’d rather keep Aiyuk and get some picks for Deebo. 

Overall though, my point is if you draft a WR in the third, he needs to be good enough to be your #3 WR. Don’t really care which QB that was in mind at the time of the draft. 

Edited by straighthate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

How many did he play last week? 

I’m hoping they bring him on so slow. He needs to get some experience and get in game shape, but I feel like it’s just a matter of time before he goes down so I don’t really wanna risk it until the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Aiyuk would come much cheaper than Deebo. I think I’d rather keep Aiyuk and get some picks for Deebo. 

Overall though, my point is if you draft a WR in the third, he needs to be good enough to be your #3 pick. Don’t really care which QB that was in mind at the time of the draft. 

Honestly i have no idea if Aiyuk will be much cheaper. If he has a huge year next year he can easily get about the same contract. Personally i don't think any receiver is worth the money they get but at the same time understand why we went as high as we did for Deebo. 

With the drafting of Gray to me its a insurance policy for Aiyuk both in the short term where he basically only takes snaps in place of Aiyuk now and is a possible replacement for him longer term. And honestly the first year i don't really care much even for highish picks how quick they take the field. Banks last year was dubbed a failed pick while this year he looks to be a pretty decent option as our long-term LG. We have three proven good receivers with Deebo, Aiyuk and Jennings and they clearly like Ray-Ray better in that Deebo role(which with how dynamic he is with the ball in his hands i totally get). If Aiyuk went out Gray would probably be the one that slides in but for now he has been healthy and has been having his best year(not even looking at stats the intent and way he plays is 100% an improvement).