Week 17 GDT Bills @ Bengals: Fight for the 1 seed continues on MNF

Trentwannabe

image?id=158610501546_image-header_pCa_1671792646000&quality=70ESPN_NFL_Logo.jpeg

The Last 5:
2019: Bengals 17 @ Bills 21
2017: Bills 16 @ Bengals 20
2016: Bills 16 @ Bengals 12
2015: Bengals 34 @ Bills 21
2013: Bengals 27 @ Bills 24 OT

Road teams have won 3 of the last 5 but the home team has won the last two.
3 of the last meetings have been won by 4 points in each game.
Buffalo leads the all time series 17-15

Bills offense: 

Despite what the national media will tell you, the Bills can and do run the football effectively. Last week showed that perfectly as both James Cook and Devin Singletary scored on the ground and rushed for a combined 205 yards on just 23 carries. They’ll need more games like this heading into the playoffs.

Dawson Knox has finally become a part of the offense lately and should be considered the second option in the passing game behind Diggs, who’s been quiet lately. Gabe Davis continues to be a headache. 

The OL has improved lately, specifically Ryan Bates who whether he’s at C or G has been very good. The health of Mitch Morse remains to be seen for this weeks game. 

Josh Allen lives for the big moments and knows how important this game is. I expect to see his legs involved early to get him settled in. 

Bills defense:

Rousseau and Epenesa are looking like the duo the team hoped for when they drafted them in back to back years. Rousseau length is effecting the run game and QBs in ways that don’t show up on the stat sheet. AJ has quietly put together a 6.5 sack season including 3 in the last 4 games.

Edmunds and Milano continue to be one of the best LB duo in the league. How they interrupt the middle of the field and slow down the run game this week will be key.

The Bills still haven’t lost when Jordan Poyer is in the lineup. Every week Tre White looks more and more like himself. Elam needs to be starting. Benford is eligible to come off IR and play this week. This is possibly the biggest and deepest test at WR they’ll face.

Conclusion:

Two juggernaut AFC teams fighting for playoff seeding in the second last week of the season on Monday night football. The NFL  could not have asked for anything more. Could this be a playoff preview? 

I’ll stick with the 4 point win total and go with the road team who’s defense I trust more.

Bills 30
Bengals 26

So many variables on how this plays out with the 1/2/3 seeds but to me if the Bills take care of this game they'll get home field advantage and the #1 seed. 

We'd still have to beat the Pats but their offense looks like a mess and the games in Buffalo with everything to play for. 

Allen usually steps up in primetime and in big games. I'll go Bills 31-Bengals 24 right now but what a week 17 matchup 😬.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

So many variables on how this plays out with the 1/2/3 seeds but to me if the Bills take care of this game they'll get home field advantage and the #1 seed. 

We'd still have to beat the Pats but their offense looks like a mess and the games in Buffalo with everything to play for. 

Maybe the Broncos can pull off the interim HC upset that tends to happen. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

It should be a hell of a game. I hope we get it, and I hope everyone comes out healthy and good luck (I don't really mean that last part).. lol 

Bengals 27

Bills 24

I really wish there was a realistic way for the Bills and Bengals to be the 1-2 seed but after the Bills win on Monday that won’t happen 😉 

• Like 1