Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

46 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

1. Carson's against Tenn

2. Taylor's against MN

3. Taylor's against SF

4. Taylor's against Green Bay

5. Carson's against Jags

Off the top of my head

The Carson int against the Jags at the end of the 3rd quarter was almost returned for a TD to give up the lead we had built in the first half. That’s got to be worse than an int Heinicke threw with 11 minutes left in the game at the 20.

Also, Carson threw ints on back to back plays vs the Jags. He threw an int on a damn screen play man. Even Wentz admitted he should’ve just dirted the ball, but that’s what Wentz does, when pressured & not knowing what to do he usually makes bad decisions. It’s because of his inaccuracy & those bad decisions/bad sacks that I never wanted to see him play another snap.

We all know what Heinicke is, I’m personally fine with it. He’s a back up who can make some off schedule plays sometimes which are exciting. I’d rather watch that than the erratic Wentz give us hope with his strong arm but then throw the game away a the 1-yard line when he should’ve just thrown it away.

Edited by turtle28

46 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

it was first down. The play was busted.. Let's see , what can I do--Maybe throw it away !???????? 

He had Garcon open. He just threw it a little late bc of the pressure he had & DRC made an amazing play while Garcon didn’t fight for the ball. It was just one of those things that didn’t go our way. It’s certainly not the only reason we lost that game, I don’t even think it’s the biggest reason we lost that game given how crappy the entire team played vs the NYG in 2016, especially the D.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We really bashing/defending Kirk Cousins in this thread? 

RSKinGM just can’t help but bring up that one play every time we’re talking about QB issues. It hasn’t ended w/ people bringing up that one play for 7 years. People need to let it go.

If someone’s going to bring it up, I’ll talk about it.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The Carson int against the Jags at the end of the 3rd quarter was almost returned for a TD to give up the lead we had built in the first half. That’s got to be worse than an int Heinicke threw with 11 minutes left in the game at the 20.

Also, Carson threw ints on back to back plays vs the Jags. He threw an int on a damn screen play man. Even Wentz admitted he should’ve just dirted the ball, but that’s what Wentz does, when pressured & not knowing what to do he usually makes bad decisions. It’s because of his inaccuracy & those bad decisions/bad sacks that I never wanted to see him play another snap.

We all know what Heinicke is, I’m personally fine with it. He’s a back up who can make some off schedule plays sometimes which’s are exciting. I’d rather watch that than the erratic Wentz give up hope but then throw the game away a the 1-yard line when he should’ve just thrown it away.

Taking game finish into account too. Because Taylor's INT vs Indy was really bad too and I left that out because he came back in the 4th with a big drive. 

6 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Taking game finish into account too. Because Taylor's INT vs Indy was really bad too and I left that out because he came back in the 4th with a big drive. 

Well if that’s your measuring stick then the pick 6 by Taylor vs GB shouldn’t even be on the list & I guess neither should Wentz’s back to back ints vs the Jags Bc in both cases the QBs brought us back for wins. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, turtle28 said:

Well if that’s your measuring stick then the pick 6 by Taylor vs GB shouldn’t even be on the list & I guess neither should Wentz’s back to back ints vs the Jags Bc in both cases the QBs brought us back for wins. 🤷‍♂️

Well there's only been so many int's that have lead to losses, so those obviously came first. Tennessee, MIN, SF. Ya I'd agree the Jags COMBINED were worse than the pick 6, but neither were as bad as the pick 6 alone.

• Like 1

Total INTs - 12

6 for Wentz. 6 for Heinicke.

Carson - 2 vs JAX. 1 vs DET. 2 vs DAL. 1 vs TEN

Taylor - 1 vs GB. 1 vs IND. 1 vs MIN. 1 vs PHI. 1 vs ATL. 1 vs SF. 

I would rank (from worst to not as bad) Carsons INTs:

1. TEN - the throw wasn't terrible but the placement of the throw as well as zeroing in on his target the whole play gets us here. It was a good play by the defender too. 

2. DAL - Blands game ending INT. Throwing late over the middle is a recipe for disaster. 

3. JAX - Poorly developing screen play, he threw into mass of players rather than at their feet. 

4. JAX - Late throw, too far inside. 

5. DET - Too high for Logan Thomas (who probably should have caught it) ended in a tip drill INT.

6. DAL - 50/50 Ball to the wrong receiver covered by the wrong CB to be testing. 

Taylor's INTs:

1. MIN - Way over threw Thomas. Easy INT and Big return swung the game for MIN. 

2. IND - If the MIN throw was so bad I would say this was his worst. 1 receiver with 4 defenders. Way behind the receiver. Zero chance for anyone on our team to catch it, threw it right to the defender. 

3. ATL - IMO just as bad of a throw as the previous two. No receiver close. Right to the defender. Only saving grace was how close it was to the half and the Falcons missed the FG. 

4. GB - This is ahead of SF only because it was returned got a TD. Too far inside and too high. Campbell had a better shot at it than McKissic.

5. SF - This time too far outside. Maybe he expected Robinson to move towards the defender, but he had no chance at catching it. Gave the 49ers great field position and led directly to 7 more points. 

6. PHI - 50/50 ball. Safety over the top makes a good play. Not terrible. 

Now I gotta think about these for a combined ranking. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Good think its a non-covid related illness. 😅

My bad. 😂 oops 😬 

Kind of weird that John Keim even mentioned Covid in his tweet then. Like what’s the point in that? Just say he missed practice with an illness.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

My bad. 😂 oops 😬 

Kind of weird that John Keim even mentioned Covid in his tweet then. Like what’s the point in that? Just say he missed practice with an illness.

Maybe because he didn't say non-covid related on Forrest's status, he could have COVID?

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

Maybe because he didn't say non-covid related on Forrest's status, he could have COVID?

To me if it’s not Covid you just wouldn’t mention it in a tweet at all. That’s on me though, I clearly read his tweet wrong. My guess is the guys are coming down with the flu.