Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

48 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Is he still on the team? I imagine Jonathan Williams touches increase to double digits. 

Practice Squad. I'd guess they'd bring him up . AND I was wondering if he might be returning kickoffs ?

Edited by RSkinGM

15 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Practice Squad. I'd guess they'd bring him up . AND I was wondering if he might be returning kickoffs ?

I don’t think they’d do that now. A lot of us were calling for Patterson & Gibby to get a shot at punt returning in the preseason but they only did kick returns with Gibby. 

They’re not going to have Patterson return kicks week 17 when he hasn’t all season. It’ll be Dax Milne.

16 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think Antonio Gibson is on this team next year. My guess is he’ll ask for a trade. 

If Gibby wants a trade & isn’t on our team next year, that’s a shame, he’s still one of our most explosive players. We don’t have the explosion in our run game that we used to have with BRob out there. As a rookie & last year Gibby produced more explosive plays & Tds, but this year he’s just not getting enough touches.

1. Gibson had 11 TDs as a rookie

2. He had 7 rushing & 3 receiving as a rookie

This year, Gibby had 3 TDs rushing on 149 carries & 2 TDs receiving for a total of 5 TDs on 195 touches. And he gave himself up in Houston so he didn’t score so they could run the clock out which would’ve been a 4th TD on 149 carries.

BRob only has 2 TDs rushing & 1 TD receiving on 191 touches.

You can love the story of BRob all you want, and I do love his tough in-between the tackles running but there’s no explosive plays from him & he didn’t do that in college either.

I’ve said all season that I feel Gibby needed more touches in space whether that’s off tackle/pitch runs to the outside, outside zone runs, screens, flat routes, option routes, wheel routes, slants or other WR routes, they’ve needed to get the ball in Gibby’s hands more in space all season bc he makes like 1 or 2 explosive plays a game & he’s a TD maker. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

If he’s not that’s a shame, he’s still one of our most explosive players. We don’t have the explosion in our run game that we used to have with him as a rookie & last year bc he doesn’t get enough touches.

Gibson had 11 TDs as a rookie

He had 7 rushing & 3 receiving as a rookie

This year, Gibby had 3 TDs rushing on 149 carries & 2 TDs receiving for a total of 5 TDs on 195 touches. And he gave himself in Houston so he didn’t score so they could run the clock out which would’ve been a 4th TD on 149 carries.

BRob only has 2 TDs rushing & 1 TD receiving on 191 touches.

You can love the story of BRob all you want, and I do love his tough in-between tackles running but there’s no explosive plays from him & he didn’t do that in college either.

I’ve said all season that I feel Gibby needed more touches in space whether that’s off tackle/pitch runs to the outside, outside zone runs, screens, flat routes, option routes, wheel routes, slants or other WR routes they’ve needed to get the ball in Gibby’s hands more all season bc he make like 1 or 2 explosive plays a game & he’s a TD maker.

I think he’ll want a fresh start. They’ve barely been using him since Robinson has gotten healthy. Don’t be shocked if he requests a trade. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I think he’ll want a fresh start. They’ve barely been using him since Robinson has gotten healthy. Don’t be shocked if he requests a trade. 

I won’t be shocked. It would actually make sense to trade him rather than let him become a FA after next year & then at best we get a late round comp pick for him. I like that they’re using the comp picks now & have since Shanahan/Allen were hired rather than what Vinny used to do but, if guys aren’t going to sign here & they’re good players we should be getting more than comp picks for them & trade them a year before they’re free agents.

Examples as we all know are not trading Kirk in 2017, TWill in 2019 or Scherff in 2020 for something more than a 3rd rnd comp pick. I’m afraid they’re going to do the same thing with Payne too. He’s outplayed the contract they likely offered him last March - if they even offered him an extension - if he wanted to, he could command one of the highest DT contracts in the NFL.

Sadly, and it gives me no please in saying this, we should franchise tag & trade Payne this March or during the draft in April.