Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

You can blame this on Carson thats fine with me, I don't think we win this game with Heinicke either. Unprepared, sloppy, horrible gameplan.

I've said for years I love Rivera the person, I don't love the coach portion. I think he'd be a heck of an ambassador and the dude has been through alot, it's probably time to call it a career for him.

Wentz is hot garbage. We have no QB. We MIGHT have something in Howell worth seeing about, but we don't have a QB. We haven't had one for nearly 30 years.

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

You can blame this on Carson thats fine with me, I don't think we win this game with Heinicke either. Unprepared, sloppy, horrible gameplan.

I've said for years I love Rivera the person, I don't love the coach portion. I think he'd be a heck of an ambassador and the dude has been through alot, it's probably time to call it a career for him.

Wentz is hot garbage. We have no QB. We MIGHT have something in Howell worth seeing about, but we don't have a QB. We haven't had one for nearly 30 years.

Yeah I keep seeing this and I’m not buying it. I absolutely think they would’ve won today with Heinicke playing. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah I keep seeing this and I’m not buying it. I absolutely think they would’ve won today with Heinicke playing. 

At the very least, it is a closer game. Wentz was the most inaccurate he could be. He made the worst decisions that a QB has made all year for us. 100% he is the reason the offense failed. The running game did their part. He was afraid to throw against their best CB to our best WR. He kept trying to force it into Dotson who made a couple uncharacteristic mental errors.

I can't believe how bad he looked. I truly believe Heinicke couldn't have done as bad as Wentz did. No chance IMO.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

At the very least, it is a closer game. Wentz was the most inaccurate he could be. He made the worst decisions that a QB has made all year for us. 100% he is the reason the offense failed. The running game did their part. He was afraid to throw against their best CB to our best WR. He kept trying to force it into Dotson who made a couple uncharacteristic mental errors.

I can't believe how bad he looked. I truly believe Heinicke couldn't have done as bad as Wentz did. No chance IMO.

I will say this, this outcome is much better then Wentz looking average and us losing. This left no doubt about whether this staff should continue on with him. We can now use that money on Payne, The OL and LBs. 

• Like 1

What a disappointment.  I am not surprised about Wentz, he just showed us exactly the same Wentz we saw from the first part of the season. 

I was shocked Rivera didn't bench Wentz.  Despite that end of half drive, he clearly was struggling with everything from reads to pressure to accuracy.

The continued lack of discipline kills me.

It was a fun season for a while, but that is that.  This makes the future easy.  Rivera is not a good enough coach or GM.  The new owner must clean house.  The real question we should be thinking about is who is the next GM and next Head Coach.

• Like 2

Gg y’all 

unfortunate that y’all put in Wentz for this game 

I think it was a premature quick reaction type of decision when it was let out he would the the starter. 

like another poster said I think you guys might’ve put in TH at half if you didn’t have that score and long drive right before halftime. 

How much do you think Daron Payne will cost this off-season in a sign and trade? Maybe we send you a 3rd and get Daron and a 5th or something?