Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Gg y’all 

unfortunate that y’all put in Wentz for this game 

I think it was a premature quick reaction type of decision when it was let out he would the the starter. 

like another poster said I think you guys might’ve put in TH at half if you didn’t have that score and long drive right before halftime. 

How much do you think Daron Payne will cost this off-season in a sign and trade? Maybe we send you a 3rd and get Daron and a 5th or something?

He’s 26 and has 11.5 sacks as an interior DL. I’d have to imagine he went for more considering we’d get a 3rd just for letting him walk. I believe they’ll re-sign him. We have plenty of cap space and Wentz is coming off the books. But I would think a second if they moved him probably at minimum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

He’s 26 and has 11.5 sacks as an interior DL. I’d have to imagine he went for more considering we’d get a 3rd just for letting him walk. I believe they’ll re-sign him. We have plenty of cap space and Wentz is coming off the books. But I would think a second if they moved him probably at minimum. 

Colts paid a first for Buckner and I think Payne is better than him. 

Want to know what's really sad?

The fact that I believe Jay Gruden did a better job than Ron, with far less talent. ( And that's saying something cause he was awful)

I put this post here because when you're sitting @ 7-5-1 & 3 of your last 4 games are at home?

& You can't win 1 of them, to at least keep controlling your destiny in play till week 18?

That's pretty bad. That's pretty sad.

I want Ron gone, period!

I want everyone gone actually, to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

There's no excuses for that.

17 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Imagine waking up and being in the driver seat of your playoff aspirations, and going to bed mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

I can't imagine anyone wants to play for Ron Rivera anymore. 

Imagine having a QB change in October, the team goes 5-3-1 under that QB. Then he plays arguably his best game until the int in the 4th quarter on the road against the #1 D in the NFL & then 3 days later the coach goes back to the QB who is overpaid, is the main reason your team won’t be in the playoffs bc he started off 2-4 as a starter & players don’t click with as well. Then, that QB goes out Sunday w/ the season on the line & he craps the bed.

End of the line for Ron.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Imagine having a QB change in October, the team goes 5-3-1 under that QB. Then he plays arguably his best game until the int in the 4th quarter on the road against the #1 D in the NFL & then 3 days later the coach goes back to the QB who is overpaid, is the main reason your team won’t be in the playoffs bc he started off 2-4 as a starter & players don’t click with as well. Then, that QB goes out Sunday w/ the season on the line & he craps the bed.

End of the line for Ron.

I was very disappointed to wake up to him still having a job TBH. Him and Wentz should be shown the door right now. No reason to string this out for any reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Want to know what's really sad?

The fact that I believe Jay Gruden did a better job than Ron, with far less talent. ( And that's saying something cause he was awful)

I put this post here because when you're sitting @ 7-5-1 & 3 of your last 4 games are at home?

& You can't win 1 of them, to at least keep controlling your destiny in play till week 18?

That's pretty bad. That's pretty sad.

I want Ron gone, period!

I want everyone gone actually, to get the bad taste out of my mouth.

There's no excuses for that.

I’ve been saying that for 2 years bro. Jay’s passing offense was great. He’s still the only coach to have back to back winning seasons since Norv in the mid 90s. 

Jay’s downfall was his choices for defensive coordinator & the front office sucked at drafting talent on the defensive side of the ball until they drafted Jon Allen.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was very disappointed to wake up to him still having a job TBH. Him and Wentz should be shown the door right now. No reason to string this out for any reason.

Snyder isn’t going to fire Ron & have to pay him the rest of his contract when Dan is about to sell the team. That’s the next owners problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

Snyder isn’t going to fire Ron & have to pay him the rest of his contract when Dan is about to sell the team. That’s the next owners problem. 

Another reason that Snyder has to go. This sale and full rebuild of this franchise cannot happen soon enough. Allowing Ron another chance to make any decisions to this franchise will have long term ramifications. I'm not listening to any of the radio broadcasts, but I hope that Rivera is getting shredded by them. The Wentz decision aside, playcalling was terrible again, decision making was terrible again, clock management was bad. The team didn't look ready. There were mental mistakes (12 men on the field) again. Nothing is improving. His decision to let Scott Turner run the offense into the ground and show no growth is damning as well.

I'm just over the Ron Rivera experience. We need new leadership, starting with the owner and all the way down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Another reason that Snyder has to go. This sale and full rebuild of this franchise cannot happen soon enough. Allowing Ron another chance to make any decisions to this franchise will have long term ramifications. I'm not listening to any of the radio broadcasts, but I hope that Rivera is getting shredded by them. The Wentz decision aside, playcalling was terrible again, decision making was terrible again, clock management was bad. The team didn't look ready. There were mental mistakes (12 men on the field) again. Nothing is improving. His decision to let Scott Turner run the offense into the ground and show no growth is damning as well.

I'm just over the Ron Rivera experience. We need new leadership, starting with the owner and all the way down.

Rivera is getting shredded by everyone, from JP Finlay to David Aldridge 

If Snyder fires Ron, we have to start really worrying about the sale announcement just being another distraction from all of the lawsuits going on. At the same time, if the sale doesn't happen sooner rather than later, our offseason will be screwed. I genuinely think if we get a new owner, we are a great destination for a legit QB to want to come, maybe Lamar?? I don't think he will, but one can wish right? I don't think they can tag him at $45 mil, and I think he's extremely unhappy with their negotiations and lack of getting him any weapons. If I had my choice at a head coach, I'd go Sean Payton, and Demeco Ryans next. 

8 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

If Snyder fires Ron, we have to start really worrying about the sale announcement just being another distraction from all of the lawsuits going on. At the same time, if the sale doesn't happen sooner rather than later, our offseason will be screwed. I genuinely think if we get a new owner, we are a great destination for a legit QB to want to come, maybe Lamar?? I don't think he will, but one can wish right? I don't think they can tag him at $45 mil, and I think he's extremely unhappy with their negotiations and lack of getting him any weapons. If I had my choice at a head coach, I'd go Sean Payton, and Demeco Ryans next. 

Problem is, if you fire Rivera, what coach worth hiring takes the job without knowing for sure what the ownership situation is? Snyder would need to disclose it’s only for minority partners and takes away his leverage. I think we are stuck with Rivera. It will shock me if Snyder fires him.

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Problem is, if you fire Rivera, what coach worth hiring takes the job without knowing for sure what the ownership situation is? Snyder would need to disclose it’s only for minority partners and takes away his leverage. I think we are stuck with Rivera. It will shock me if Snyder fires him.

Either someone young who isn't getting any opportunities else where, or someone about to be out of the NFL and needs one more chance before ultimately being forced out of the NFL, and no, neither are worth hiring. The only road to our happiness is if someone is willing to spend billions of dollars and the current owner to do the right thing. I'm worried.