Week 17 Thread: Win + GB Loss + DET loss + SEA loss and we clinch THIS week.

MikeT14

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Snyder isn’t going to fire Ron & have to pay him the rest of his contract when Dan is about to sell the team. That’s the next owners problem. 

Exactly and if someone is willing to spend 7 billion, 15 million of salary to clean house isn't gonna be a sticking point.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Exactly and if someone is willing to spend 7 billion, 15 million of salary to clean house isn't gonna be a sticking point.

I see Ron getting another season regardless. I don’t see the sale going through as fast as people thought, maybe I’m wrong, but there’s been no buzz about the sale & buyers for a month. If the sale isn’t finalized by March, then I think Ron & his motley crew get one more season. 

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I see Ron getting another season regardless. I don’t see the sale going through as fast as people thought, maybe I’m wrong, but there’s been no buzz about the sale & buyers for a month. If the sale isn’t finalized by March, then I think Ron & his motley crew get one more season. 

I'm so pissed about our coaching & stupidity.

I would rather fire them all & go with Kevin James as coach, Adam Sandler as offensive coordinator & Chris Rock as Defensive coordinator, than roll out the same clownshow failure we saw all season.

At least it would be hilarious to watch.

These idiots we have are not fun.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm so pissed about our coaching & stupidity.

I would rather fire them all & go with Kevin James as coach, Adam Sandler as offensive coordinator & Chris Rock as Defensive coordinator, than roll out the same clownshow failure we saw all season.

At least it would be hilarious to watch.

These idiots we have are not fun.

I dunno…the last time Adam Sandler and Chris Rock worked together on a football team, it did not end well for Chris Rock. 

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/01/01/carson-wentz-commanders-uncertain-future/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_redskins

“Once we get him rattled in the pocket, it’s over,” Clowney said. “Coming in, we said, ‘If we can get him rattled, we can get some turnovers out of him.’ We knew that.”

“If you know football, you know [Wentz] has a slow release, and you know Heinicke gets the ball out fast,” Ragland said. “Some of the guys I know on the team” — Ragland played college football at Alabama with Commanders wide receiver Cam Sims and defensive tackle Jonathan Allen — “they would’ve preferred Heinicke because they know he gets the ball out. You can see it on film, too, though. They play different with each quarterback.”

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett said that Wentz, who normally holds on to the ball too long, seemed to be doing so more Sunday because it was a part of the game plan. He pointed out the Commanders were in formations meant to take deep shots and sometimes used two players to chip defenders, which slowed them getting out into their routes and limited Wentz’s check-down options.

Browns defensive end Myles Garrett said that Wentz, who normally holds on to the ball too long, seemed to be doing so more Sunday because it was a part of the game plan. He pointed out the Commanders were in formations meant to take deep shots and sometimes used two players to chip defenders, which slowed them getting out into their routes and limited Wentz’s check-down options.

“They wanted to get some plays down the field and some long-developing plays,” Garrett said. “I don’t think it was really [Wentz] holding it as much as he’s waiting for everything to develop in front of him.”

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Who the hell cares about Rivera's contract. I don't care. If he needs to be fired, he needs to be fired. He made the dumbest decision to bank his career on by electing to go with Wentz over Heinicke. If Rivera is owed money, which I don't think he is when he is fired, WHO CARES. 

Major changes need to happen and that means selling the team, getting rid of staff, finding a franchise QB or at least seeing what Howell has. Regardless, there is a lot of talent on the roster, but Rivera's contract does not affect the cap and if he is fired, WHO. CARES!!!!

59 minutes ago, Ghostnote said:

Who the hell cares about Rivera's contract. I don't care. If he needs to be fired, he needs to be fired. He made the dumbest decision to bank his career on by electing to go with Wentz over Heinicke. If Rivera is owed money, which I don't think he is when he is fired, WHO CARES. 

Major changes need to happen and that means selling the team, getting rid of staff, finding a franchise QB or at least seeing what Howell has. Regardless, there is a lot of talent on the roster, but Rivera's contract does not affect the cap and if he is fired, WHO. CARES!!!!

It all depends on when the sale goes through. If it doesn’t go through till the summer, it’s unlikely that Ron is fired then.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I sure hope not as that would be horrible for the team development.  No one will want to play for a coach who everyone knows is gone at end of season.  If that is the plan , you have to at least fire Rivera the GM and trade all the players and tank for draft position.