Week 17: NY Jets vs SEA Seahawks

Bobby816

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hate to say it…. But White looking awful and us loosing might be the best thing for us. Better draft pick and not being tricked into paying White.

Yeah honestly I am hoping we just blow this QB room up. Trade Zach for anything, sign proven vet, backup and draft someone. I really like the idea of Hendon Hooker on day 2. Dude is a a legit dual threat and big time leader.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Jason La Canfora or whatever his name is

I don’t think Saleh gets fired but he should be mandated next year 

So Joe Douglas would become the most expensive duck man in NFL?   What the mess if it happens.  Woody needs to stay away.

I would say the first loss to the Patriots, a team the Jets have not beat since 2015, was the one that sent the Jets into a freefall. Not only did it snap their five-game winning streak, they haven't been able to win consecutive games since then.

15 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Looking forward to all the mock off-seasons 

So true. And im So guilty of it when we’re awful. But not that we’re done. Time to start them up. Now I hope we lose to MIA for draft picks. Also might as well start Wilson 

• Like 2

Im just proud (along with Bobby) didnt fall for the Mike White trap, same as Fitzpatrick.  Felt like I was taking crazy pills when people said he was great vs Minnesota.  This was the same exact game as Minn, just with more passing yards

10 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Im just proud (along with Bobby) didnt fall for the Mike White trap, same as Fitzpatrick.  Felt like I was taking crazy pills when people said he was great vs Minnesota.  This was the same exact game as Minn, just with more passing yards

Mike White very clearly aint it. Our long term answer at QB isn't on this roster.

Also lowkey glad the Panthers lost today because seeing Darnold in the playoffs would've made me sick.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Hate to say it…. But White looking awful and us loosing might be the best thing for us. Better draft pick and not being tricked into paying White.

Hopefully that performance clears the deck for a run at carr or Garapolo. A three QB room with one of them plus Wilson and a late round draft pick is what I want for next year.

49 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah honestly I am hoping we just blow this QB room up. Trade Zach for anything, sign proven vet, backup and draft someone. I really like the idea of Hendon Hooker on day 2. Dude is a a legit dual threat and big time leader.

Yep absolutely. If anyone who's here now is starting games next season, we're not worth watching.

We've got a good defense, explosive running game when Breece is here, and a fantastic young WR.  #1 priority is to get a real QB in here and stop hoping that someone will suddenly develop. #2 is to keep them healthy with a more consistent OL.

I've liked Saleh more than his record deserved for most of his time here, but honestly with the season on the line, with 10 days to prepare, the team comes out and plays like that?

He went from coach of the year candidate to a potential firing candidate in a hurry.

I don't think he will be. And I don't think it's the right move unless he's lost the locker room. But it's pretty crazy how much of a flip it's been.

1 hour ago, TheChad said:

I've liked Saleh more than his record deserved for most of his time here, but honestly with the season on the line, with 10 days to prepare, the team comes out and plays like that?

He went from coach of the year candidate to a potential firing candidate in a hurry.

I don't think he will be. And I don't think it's the right move unless he's lost the locker room. But it's pretty crazy how much of a flip it's been.

I know Uzomah was not pleased with his terrible clock management in the Lions game and made a little scene in the locker room. Players arent stupid. They know when guys are complete frauds. I dont think Saleh is necessarily a fraud but his ability to scheme is just not there. Hes a good cheer leader. Essentially Herm Edwards with less success right now. Im not giving N.O. a #1 for Sean Payton but if there is a better option I would make phone calls if I am Woody. 

Last nights game proved to me a few things:

- Coaching staff needs to go. Losing five straight and all that stuff is horrendous but worse than that is when you have the season on the line and 10 days to prepare and produce that garbage. No backbone. No balls. They need to go. I was never a fan of the Saleh hire and was tricked into thinking he was legit after the hot start. Unfortunately he ain’t it. And that garbage vanilla defense we run when we have two legit shutdown corners is a joke.

- I genuinely thought we could move forward with Mike White for a year or two whilst grooming our quarterback of the future….well whilst grooming our quarterback I think bringing in someone from the outside is now the way to go. Jimmy, Rodgers, Carr whoever that may be. I still wish and pray Zach would turn it around but I feel like it’s probably best in both interests to move on. If we draft a mid round qb to groom please for the love of god draft a dual threat qb. Not some stiff like that qb JD drafted in 2020.

- The Williams brothers should be brought back but I wouldn’t overpay for either. Quincy is so hit and miss that I wouldn’t be arsed if he’s not brought back. Quinnen defo should be brought back but certainly not at the $25m a year Aaron Donald numbers. 

- I would move on from the overlaid vets. Brown, Laken, Davis, Mosley, whitehead, both TE’s,  Lawson. Unless major restructures I’d get rid of the lot and free up serious cash. Go out and get some better/younger players.