GDT- Titans vs. Cowboys - This is a very important game. Maybe the most important.

titans0021

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Poor Malik. I want you to do well, but your OL is so bad.

I just said in another thread, but what makes Malik any better than someone like Dobbs when he came out? I see the same path for them actually. 

I'm no longer poor Malik. Malik has to throw the ball, has to go through his reads, has to be faster, has to scramble better/more efficiently. 
Some things we can blame the line on and the receivers.  But when you are scared to throw, then that's hard to put into you. I can take getting fooled by the defense and ripping it, but when you scared, I don't know if anyone can insert that kind of dog or fight in you.

And it's not just the regular season starts, but it's the preseason when it's the most simple for QBs do well. He struggled! He struggled at Liberty. 

He might just not be that type of QB. 

I've soured on Malik. lol

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I just said in another thread, but what makes Malik any better than someone like Dobbs when he came out? I see the same path for them actually. 

I'm no longer poor Malik. Malik has to throw the ball, has to go through his reads, has to be faster, has to scramble better/more efficiently. 
Some things we can blame the line on and the receivers.  But when you are scared to throw, then that's hard to put into you. I can take getting fooled by the defense and ripping it, but when you scared, I don't know if anyone can insert that kind of dog or fight in you.

And it's not just the regular season starts, but it's the preseason when it's the most simple for QBs do well. He struggled! He struggled at Liberty. 

I haven’t seen any all-22 breakdowns from titans twitter yet (haven’t checked)

are there open guys he’s missing on a consistent basis? Serious question cuz all we’ve let him throw are screens , curls and slants 

28 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I haven’t seen any all-22 breakdowns from titans twitter yet (haven’t checked)

are there open guys he’s missing on a consistent basis? Serious question cuz all we’ve let him throw are screens , curls and slants 

yeah this is what i’m waiting for as well, but my impression from the game was that he did nearly everything he was asked to. which was nothing.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I mean, poor any QB that plays behind our OL was more my point.

A 3rd round pick from Liberty struggling to adjust to the NFL playing behind this OL? What a surprise.

Of course I'd love for him to be killing it. He's not, but I'm not putting a lot of blame on him. Like @deeluxx3said, if the All-22 comes out and he was missing open guys when he had opportunities then that's on him. He had 2 screens go for negative yardage that hurt his YPA (including one where both Swaim and Burks were behind the LOS expecting the ball) and 2 early confidence boosting passes called back because of holding calls against this OL.

Just now, -Hope- said:

yeah this is what i’m waiting for as well, but my impression from the game was that he did nearly everything he was asked to. which was nothing.

The most frustrated I was with him was the last drive, because he showed why he's so exciting and why he's so far away on back-to-back plays. Only a few QBs could get out of the sacks he almost took on those plays, but his lack of field awareness is what got him in trouble in the first place. And then after an escape in which he spent a lot of precious time not throwing the ball away, he threw a 9 yard completion into the middle of the field to burn a lot of clock.

• Like 1

Malik has looked looked bad in a bad situation.

We all knew he was going to be an insanely BIG project. A great portion of this forum basically said he shouldn't have touched grass this year and possibly next year. He is coming from a system is college where he took snaps a 100 percent from the shotgun to a system where we love to be under center.

I would love if we could get a steal in him. But I think the idea that he is cooked and we are just going to give up on him after 4 games in the one of world's worst offense, talent and coaching wise is bizarre.

I think he has looked real awful. And I think it's a long shot that he may make it. But I need to see more. And I need to see it in possibly a better situation.

Edited by twotonebluenation

6 in a row coming soon!!!

Wonder if we keep them under 45? Odd to say that and not be joking lol

And yeee Malik struggling in the preseason made me nervous.. And he does looks better and we have surrounded him with trash lol idk tho man. Idc where he got drafted lowkey Im just watching him BUT I will say when it comes down to break a few tackles and kinda have that Steve magic.. I see it every now and then lol Im willing to see how the last game goes.. POP off and win the division and don't embarrass yourself in the playoffs? Sign me up for next year but meh I need the all 22 to really know whats going on

Losing out would be best and Im never that guy but sneaking up around a top ten pick when we really need a LT and talent in gen not to mention we've been drafting in the 20s the last few years and missing bad? Could trade back still get a LT in the 20s idk a Top 10 pick or early 20s lol big gap there so

But Thursday boys bout to walk in and take over. Might be the worst lost in titans history and Im not joking

Edited by VY-FTW