2018 QBs

brooks1957

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

If Mayfield was 6'4, he'd be the #1 pick. He isn't. It's not the biggest factor in a prospect, but it is very important. He's a tick below Darnold and Rosen as a result. The other thing that Darnold and Rosen have going for them is they play in more of a pro style offense. Mayfield is in the gun playing against vanilla zones against vanilla defenses. Rosen and Darnold can both go under and see far more man coverage.

There's a little more guessing with Baker than there is with the other two. I think Mayfield can be good, but there's less concerns with Darnold and Rosen right now. Their size and the way in which they produce is different than Mayfield.

I think Mayfield is a better version of Manziel as well, but I still don't think we can take him #1 given the question marks that exist with him.

The offense Mayfield plays in and the defenses he usually plays against  is more concerning to me than his height. I've never been too weary of "short" QBs, as QBs like Wilson and Brees have obviously had a ton of success in the league. I believe that Wilson would have easily been a first round pick if he was like two inches taller. I definitely wouldn't mind Mayfield, but if we're going with a QB with our first pick then I think it needs to be Rosen or Darnold. I haven't seen as much as I'd like of either of them, but right now I'd prefer Darnold.

Yeah like I've said not a Rosen guy

I feel like the people who like him never actually have seen him play

Again I would soooo much rather have Saquon + Minkah or Saquon + Courtland Sutton

But if I'm going QB its Baker or Lamar Jackson

I know Lamar Jackson is going to succeed I just dont know for how long

And I'm pretty confident Mayfield will succeed I really love how he plays, but I just want to see him to a few more pro concept things

But I wouldn't take Mayfield at 1 I would for Lamar 

I just can't take a guy that older than the guy I got right now that high 

I have a question. Wonder if the worst happens and both Rosen and Darnold stay another year. Does Stidham from Auburn become an option in the 2nd. I don’t trust Lamar Jackson at all or Baker Mayfield. 

At just go Barkely and Derwin James. Screw it. 

1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I have a question. Wonder if the worst happens and both Rosen and Darnold stay another year. Does Stidham from Auburn become an option in the 2nd. I don’t trust Lamar Jackson at all or Baker Mayfield. 

I thnk he (and any other possible viable solution to the QB question) becomes an option in the 1st (unfortunately) as this organization doesn't have the luxury to push the QB decision back another season.  

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

I don't see any way we pass on QB with our first pick. If anything its an investment because we can take a guy there, still start Kizer at the beginning of next year, and either he plays amazing and we keep him, or he doesn't and we put the rookie in. It's never a bad thing to have more than one starting caliber QB. Hell it's been 20 years almost and we can never find one of them. 

3 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

The beautiful thing is Rosen wont stay for another year. He knows a 4th year wont help him and he should know he prolly wont have that much success in Chip Kellys offense. I also think Kelly would want to potentially starting to work on the dual threat QB they have potentially coming in than having Rosen. 

5 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Just showed Hue and Haslam loving on AJ McCarron.

Calling it, we're going to get him this offseason and pass on a QB at 1. Same old Browns.

Or the Browns got after him and still draft a QB and maybe not rush him. 

Bastards should of went after McCarron the minute the signed Hue to be the HC. That was by far the biggest mistake. Wasnt in the FO wheel house to spend picks yet

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The beautiful thing is Rosen wont stay for another year. He knows a 4th year wont help him and he should know he prolly wont have that much success in Chip Kellys offense. I also think Kelly would want to potentially starting to work on the dual threat QB they have potentially coming in than having Rosen. 

I would agree. I never bought in to Rosen staying another year given his opinions and comments on college athletics. He's too smart for that. Now with Kelly in the fold, and Rosen not being the prototype Kelly quarterback (though he has worked with similar before; see Foles, Nick), he should already be checked out. 

5 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Nah we'll go the Bears route and sign McCarron while also drafting a guy at #1. 

This is a really strong possibility. We have the cap to absorb an expensive backup salary.

And yeah, Rosen is totally coming out. 99.5% chance.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can’t wait for us to sign AJ and then once he sucks we read the leaked reports how Hue never wanted him but really wanted whichever rookie QB is good at the time. 

Unless he wins his lawsuit, and I don't see how he does, he isn't a free agent. His rookie year didn't count as an accrued year.

(we could still trade for him though...)

Archived