ThanksGiving Mock. 3 Rounds.

zappa13004

Not a fan of the Raiders' draft and also relatively unlikely. Da'Ron Payne isn't a top 15 pick and it's very rare for nose tackles to go in the first round, period. The Raiders need to address their pass defense by either taking a rusher or corner - Payne addresses neither. Based on who's available, Hurst, Landry, and Ward would be the guys I want in that order.

Not a fan of the Royce Freeman pick, either. I believe Lynch stays for another season and RBs don't need to be drafted ahead a season early like QBs do. I've never seen the Virginia linebacker you picked in the 3rd round play, but (looking at his H/W) he looks like a 2 down thumper. The Raiders could easily resign Bowman to avoid picking such a limited player that high. If the Raiders do pick a linebacker early, it will be a guy who can play all three downs.

Check out my mock: 

3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

seeing how u pretty much talked everyone elses entire comments it seems awful fishy ;)

Sorry. I do not want to hurt anyone here. I didn't think you'd want to discuss by saying "give me him and not him/i dont care if you think etc". Is that a discussion ? But i repeat, no bad attention but i probably didn't feel it to comment more ? You welcome.

:)

14 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Not a fan of the Raiders' draft and also relatively unlikely. Da'Ron Payne isn't a top 15 pick and it's very rare for nose tackles to go in the first round, period. The Raiders need to address their pass defense by either taking a rusher or corner - Payne addresses neither. Based on who's available, Hurst, Landry, and Ward would be the guys I want in that order.

Not a fan of the Royce Freeman pick, either. I believe Lynch stays for another season and RBs don't need to be drafted ahead a season early like QBs do. I've never seen the Virginia linebacker you picked in the 3rd round play, but (looking at his H/W) he looks like a 2 down thumper. The Raiders could easily resign Bowman to avoid picking such a limited player that high. If the Raiders do pick a linebacker early, it will be a guy who can play all three downs.

Check out my mock: 

17 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Period ? What did you mean ? Like a guard selected #4 ?

Brandon Scherff went 5th overall and the overall impact of the position can be felt on all 3 downs for the offense. Nose tackles are part time players in most schemes (unless he's a rare talent) and have traditionally gone much later the expected. The position can traditionally be found in the later rounds (as the Raiders did with Justin Ellis) with day one effectiveness. 

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Brandon Scherff went 5th overall and the overall impact of the position can be felt on all 3 downs for the offense. Nose tackles are part time players in most schemes (unless he's a rare talent) and have traditionally gone much later the expected. The position can traditionally be found in the later rounds (as the Raiders did with Justin Ellis) with day one effectiveness. 

Brandon Scherff was a tackle with Iowa and was drafted to play that position. The experiment failed as a RT so they tried him inside and it was succesful. Nelson is a G playing G with ND. A bit different dont you think ?

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I hate Jackson pick always but Jets picks look savvy.

Id prefer for your team to have a "pocket passer" if thats what you do not like about Lamar Jackson. Problem with him is accuracy and ball placement but he did improve and he is not only a runner, he has a big arm. Not saying he will be a Cam Newton like guy but he can run yes and also throw with room to improve so why not ? For the rest i bet your FO will go offense a ton in the draft with Oline improvement, a fast RB to pair with Powell or maybe a WR even if theres yet lots of young ones with room to improve.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:55 PM, zappa13004 said:

Not based on my projection, not a playoff picture, based on current standings.

24- Falcons : Justin Reid S Stanford

56- Falcons : Taven Bryan DE/DT Florida

88- Falcons : Zach Allen DE Boston College

The Falcons don't really need a strong safety. 

Bryan is a good pick.

Why two DE's? the SDE type is all they really need and Bryan fits that.

15 minutes ago, scar988 said:

The Falcons don't really need a strong safety. 

Bryan is a good pick.

Why two DE's? the SDE type is all they really need and Bryan fits that.

I only watched one game of Stanford and i saw Reid was able to pay FS but maybe im wrong. About the second DE it is more because i think the second BC DE is good and do you think Clayborn will stay ? I know it was mostly versus Chaz Green but he'll probably want a last and relatively big contract. Love your avatar lol

14 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Sorry. I do not want to hurt anyone here. I didn't think you'd want to discuss by saying "give me him and not him/i dont care if you think etc". Is that a discussion ? But i repeat, no bad attention but i probably didn't feel it to comment more ? You welcome.

i explained the reasons behind the Said Revisions in the 2nd small paragraph.  heres my suggested revisions for the jags with pretty clear explanations. 

round 1 i would go ahead and pick Baker mayfield to secure the QB who fits what we need at QB. it might be a "slight" reach but teams do tend to make slight reaches on qbs when it gets close to the end of round 1 to go get that 5th year option.  an offensive linemen would be okay but i think we can work with what we have as they havent played bad. 

in the 2nd round i suggested adding Deion Cain to the jags as both of our starting wrs from game 1 are free agents. odds says we should be keeping allen robinson.  Allen hurns hasnt been worth the money and i believe he has 0 dead cap after this year or its very small.  assuming we keep allen robinson, your looking at AROB, Keelan Cole, and Dede Westbrook as our top 3 wrs. Cole is an UDFA rookie whos shown some flashes as a deep threat but his hands are a bit inconsistent and i dont know what his ceiling or floor is. my hopes is maybe a 3rd or 4th wr.  Dede westbrook looked good in the preseason but he was running behind cole during the preseason and was on IR till last week. hes looked okay but i wouldnt hold my breath on him being a legit #2 wr next year. Cains arguebly the most pro-ready wr in the draft and should allow Baker to have some good WRs to distribute the ball to. 

in round 3 i prefer dallas goedert to Brenemen because 1) Goedert has some good measurables and has excellent Production and 2) hes improved his blocked to where he decent with it.   to me i think he could be a potential elite te. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000866868/article/super-sleeper-is-dallas-goedert-nfls-next-matchup-nightmare

For what its worth NFL Draft scout has Breneman as a projected 6-7 round guy and the 9th best senior te compared to Goedert whos considered a 2-3 round guy and the 2nd best senior TE. 

Archived