ThanksGiving Mock. 3 Rounds.

zappa13004

7 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

It sounds good. Poe is playing good and it will depend on the kind of money he'll ask for, i think. With Vea, Payne and Nnadi there will be some good NTs in the next draft. Talking about coming FAs, both Gabriel and Roberts will be. And as the cap will not be great, i would not be surprised to see a C.Kirk at the end of the 1st or a D.Burnett on friday. Sure Julio and Sanu will be back and Hardy is nice but another WR with some speed would help dont you think ?

Actually im not against a WR with some speed that can return kicks if we can grab a solid one in the 3rd to 5th round i would probably jump all over it.  I still personally think we screwed up big time letting JD Mckissic go to Seattle.  He was awesome in preseason returning kicks and showed some nice hands as a speed receiver when he got the chance.   True he was a board favorite and those usually don't make the cut for some reason but he would have been better and cheaper than andre roberts and younger >.>

Poe has done alright he finally started to come on the last few games but for the 1st half of the season he wasn't doing quite as well as i had hoped and how much we paid lol.  If he keeps up this play for the rest of the season i would be down for resigning him although not at 8 to 10 mil a year like he might want.   Even if we keep Poe i wouldn't mind a DT like Vea in the 1st because of how much we rotate and im not sure if shelby, Upshaw, or Rhubin  will be back either.  As it sits we only have 3 DT's on the depth chart with 3 other guys who can fill in from DE if need be because their big DE's. 

For the Saints I think Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama would be a better pick than the NT.  One of the biggest issues on our defense is our linebacks being able to get Evans would provide an immediate boost to that unit as we have John Hughes who has played well enough at NT for us along with Oyemetta or whatever his name is.  In the 3rd the DE pick isn't bad, but we might just need to go with the QB from Washington to try and see if he can be a replacement for Brees who is likely done sooner rather than later.

9 hours ago, The OUTLAW said:

I will never trust another Alabama RB.  The holes are too big.  I'd much rather the Browns take St. Brown even with a WR being taken in the first. 

Im sorry but i cant agree with those kind of "no QB from USC, no RB from Bama etc". Players are differents. Trent Richardson was such a bad pick but it does not mean Harris will be bad too. StBrown is good but im waiting to see more of Josh Gordon for now.

9 hours ago, Raves said:

For the Saints I think Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama would be a better pick than the NT.  One of the biggest issues on our defense is our linebacks being able to get Evans would provide an immediate boost to that unit as we have John Hughes who has played well enough at NT for us along with Oyemetta or whatever his name is.  In the 3rd the DE pick isn't bad, but we might just need to go with the QB from Washington to try and see if he can be a replacement for Brees who is likely done sooner rather than later.

Thats exactly what was my hesitation. You right, Evans would be a very nice pick. About QB i heard Taysom Hill is a favorite of Payton. So unless Payton leaves i do not think they'll take a QB. But maybe you know more about that ?

19 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Im sorry but i cant agree with those kind of "no QB from USC, no RB from Bama etc". Players are differents. Trent Richardson was such a bad pick but it does not mean Harris will be bad too. StBrown is good but im waiting to see more of Josh Gordon for now.

Even with Gordon on board the Browns are in need of at least one more WR. 

1 hour ago, zappa13004 said:

Thats exactly what was my hesitation. You right, Evans would be a very nice pick. About QB i heard Taysom Hill is a favorite of Payton. So unless Payton leaves i do not think they'll take a QB. But maybe you know more about that ?

The dude is playing special teams, just because he says he's his favorite doesn't mean he's going to be getting reps at QB.  Also competition is never a bad thing.  I obviously don't know anythign about the DE from Wake Forest and I just know enough that Falk that I would prefer him, but if the Wake Forest guy can be a 8-10 sack a season guy then he works as well as we do need someone who can consistently get pressure across from Jordan.

5 hours ago, Raves said:

The dude is playing special teams, just because he says he's his favorite doesn't mean he's going to be getting reps at QB.  Also competition is never a bad thing.  I obviously don't know anythign about the DE from Wake Forest and I just know enough that Falk that I would prefer him, but if the Wake Forest guy can be a 8-10 sack a season guy then he works as well as we do need someone who can consistently get pressure across from Jordan.

With Brees' age, it is possible they take one relatvely early. Luke Falk is a good pocket passer and he would have some time to work his flaws behind Drew. Works for me. Ejiofor is good. I dont know if he'll be a 8-10 sacks guy but he certainly has this potential.

On 11/23/2017 at 12:55 PM, zappa13004 said:

45- Browns via Texans : Brian O'Neill OT Pitt

O'Neill is not a LT prospect. We have a good young RT. We need a young athletic LT to take over for Thomas down the road.

34- Browns : Damien Harris RB Alabama

Big-time reach here. Insane reach IMO.

65- Browns : Josey Jewell LB Iowa

We need a coverage LB, not another thumper.

I'm fine with the rest. You hit on our team needs, but the players didn't make a lot of sense to me. Jewell was the only non-reach highlighted, but he's not a fit.

8 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Harris isn't bad because he's from Alabama. Harris is bad because he's an average college back playing on a super team. He doesn't do one thing particularly well other than maybe catching passes out of the backfield...but we have Duke Johnson. Damien Harris is a dude I'd look at in round 5, not at the very top of the 2nd round.

I have really no complaints about this for the Lions. We can't run the ball for the life of us. Guice would give us something that Riddick and/or Abdullah can't. Stafford needs help from the run game in a big way. Definite holes on the DL. We can't stop the run. I think that we'll re-sign Ansah (argument could be made against it) but he really has slowed down the last 2 years. Even with him, our pass-rush needs help.

Archived