GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs Derrick Henry (EZ Dub Edt. -- Yes I said it)

NoFlyZone

Just now, NoFlyZone said:

I mean… the blocking wasn’t there. He’s not what he used to be clearly, but washed is quite a stretch. Personally think he’s still an important piece, albeit a pricey one.

I think you could find someone who can do what he does at half the cost. I love Zeke, but it's time to move on. 

17 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Joseph continues to hurt this tesm.

He has been a huge disappointment.  We really have gotten lucky with all the HQ pics of late but man it’s a pity I seem to remember there were other options at CB that year though one of them Farley has been worse

1 minute ago, quiller said:

He has been a huge disappointment.  We really have gotten lucky with all the HQ pics of late but man it’s a pity I seem to remember there were other options at CB that year though one of them Farley has been worse

Asante Samuel Jr should have been the pick...but, y'know...height and all that

6 minutes ago, D82 said:

Does this Wingate guy even turn the TV on for game time? Zeke may not be chugging 30 carries for 140 like his first 4 seasons. But the way this guy finishes runs even when he is stopped for no gain is still beastly. Try tackling that 15 times  a game and then have to chase down Pollard. If you aren't a deep defense, you aren't going to have much luck stopping one of them. 

To take this further..

Watch Zeke on those terrible toss calls today. Good vision, good balance, good burst, great finish. Long gains? No. But damn good runs against a pretty stout front 7. Maybe not 2019/2020 stout, with the injuries. But still pretty darn good. And Zeke finished every single run with as much fire as the very first handoff.

His role has changed. Maybe his knees don't work the way they did his first 4 pro years and last two college years. But they don't have to, and it's ok for his role to change. Long as what he does best for us is still packing as much punch as it does.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

That was a tough game to make it through. Very uninspiring all around.

uninspiring is the best word to describe it. after a tough philly win, I was really hoping we'd come out here and dominate. Dak is genuinely scaring me with his turnovers. there's no way we can sustain being a contender turning the ball over 2-3 times a game.

4 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Does this Wingate guy even turn the TV on for game time? Zeke may not be chugging 30 carries for 140 like his first 4 seasons. But the way this guy finishes runs even when he is stopped for no gain is still beastly. Try tackling that 15 times  a game and then have to chase down Pollard. If you aren't a deep defense, you aren't going to have much luck stopping one of them. 

To take this further..

Watch Zeke on those terrible toss calls today. Good vision, good balance, good burst, great finish. Long gains? No. But damn good runs against a pretty stout front 7. Maybe not 2019/2020 stout, with the injuries. But still pretty darn good. And Zeke finished every single run with as much fire as the very first handoff.

His role has changed. Maybe his knees don't work the way they did his first 4 pro years and last two college years. But they don't have to, and it's ok for his role to change. Long as what he does best for us is still packing as much punch as it does.

I just don’t know why people can’t get their head out of the stat sheet and consider what they actually saw with their eyes. Should Zeke just be truck sticking everyone at the LOS and running through d-linemen like they aren’t even there? The blocking wasn’t there for the chunk plays… just the way it is. Don’t think it would have been much different for Pollard. Think Tennessee at least deserves some credit for how they played the run. 

I’ll never understand fans and their irrational demand for individual production regardless of any context or execution of the pieces around them at any given time or situation. 

Edited by NoFlyZone

This game was such a bore no one even bothered to make a GB/JS thread

Understandable. I’m not sure whom I’d even list for both categories. I guess Wright has been a pleasant surprise compared to Joseph. And the TY signing continues to be a lifesaver for this receiving corps

Edited by matt79511

10 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

So if you get a 90 on a test, do you study harder for the next one and accept that you still did well, or hate yourself forever because you didn't get a 100 and then drop out of school?

That's the level of over reaction I'm seeing here.

There is no perfection. Not in professional sports. Even the MVPs in MLB don't even bat a .500 average. The team made some changes and are ending up with a two score win. It was tight to start, but the better team came out ahead. Take away that fluke bobbled snap and that TE bobble for a pick, this is a different game. But mistakes happen. Any coach at any level of the game tells their team what?

Perfection is IMPOSSIBLE. Forget the bad play, forget the loss. Focus on the next play, focus on the next game. They stayed.focused on the task at hand and are going to win by 14 or more points. As they should. Screw the two bad plays. Think of the 40+ other good ones.

Glass half full kinda guy? I like it.

But here is the problem I have. The level of competition they are playing right now is low. Even Philly played with a back up QB and hung 34 on us.

This team is averaging 2 and a half turnovers a game over their last 5 games, I believe.

If you give Brady, Rodgers, assuming they get in, a healthy Hurts, SF, Minn, a team we buried in their house 40 to 3, THAT many chances with the ball in a win or go home game, we will be the ones going home early, again.

The turnovers, fluke as some are, have got to stop.

Daks accuracy is in serious question. 2 passes that should have been big completions were way behind the receivers.

1 was picked.

Same thing in the Philly game. Returned for 6.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we are in the playoffs. But after watching this team for since Thanksgiving, here us what I see.

Against better competition in a winner take all scenario, this team will not only have to overcome the opposition but they will have to do it while overcoming a bunch of self inflicted bad plays. 

That, in my opinion, will be too much for any team to overcome against better competition.

6 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I just don’t know why people can’t get their head out of the stat sheet and consider what they actually saw with their eyes. Should Zeke just be truck sticking everyone at the LOS and running through d-linemen like they aren’t even there? The blocking wasn’t there for the chunk plays… just the way it is. Don’t think it would have been much different for Pollard. Think Tennessee at least deserves some credit for how they played the run. 

I’ll never understand fans and their irrational demand for individual production regardless of any context or execution of the pieces around them at any given time or situation. 

And it’s just coincidence that the blocking was there for Malik Davis?

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1