2023 QB

paraven

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Depends on who the OC is.

If Greg Roman is still here, we'd need a somewhat mobile QB - someone like Tyrod Taylor could be available. We could roll with Anthony Brown or sign/draft someone else. I mean, we made Tyler Huntley look serviceable for a short while, we could do that again.

If it's not Greg Roman, then someone like Baker or Carr or Jimmy G or whoever could also work with the weapons we currently have + Bateman and probably another high drafted WR.

Greg Roman will not be a coach on this team next year unless we somehow win the SuperBowl. 

The guy as as good as gone. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Greg Roman will not be a coach on this team next year unless we somehow win the SuperBowl. 

The guy as as good as gone. 

Good. That frees us up to a whole lot of options and also makes it so we can get rid of Patrick Ricard (as much as I love the guy) and Nick Boyle.

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Good. That frees us up to a whole lot of options and also makes it so we can get rid of Patrick Ricard (as much as I love the guy) and Nick Boyle.

I like Ricard a lot. It'll be up to the new OC but I can't see his salary being justified with how limited he'd likely be used under a new OC. Who knows though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I like Ricard a lot. It'll be up to the new OC but I can't see his salary being justified with how limited he'd likely be used under a new OC. Who knows though. 

I'd be fine with us using him like Juice, but he's not as athletic. I just don't want to see him at TE anymore.

So if Lamar Jackson actually refuses to play in a playoff game it probably will be over. In that case you need to go with Huntley. Don’t fall into the trap Indy keeps falling into of thinking you’re so talented you can win it all with a mid tier QB. You just suck until you can draft the QB you think can be elite.

You know. Or we could enter the Tom Brady sweepstakes. Actually, if we traded him to Tampa we could get some of his fav pieces.

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

lol

That sounded pretty transparent, if you listen beyond the short quote text in the tweet. Lamar's knee is still not right.

It does sounds like the possibility of a Huntley playoff start is pretty significant now, which is going to be brutal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This whole situation just doesn't add up for people on the outside looking in. Crazy how basically every year someone on this team has an injury that just coincidentally lingers for far longer than anyone else ever has had.

What do you think is the real truth behind this?

1 hour ago, wackywabbit said:

What do you think is the real truth behind this?

Who knows. Could be either a bad training staff (we already know our athletic trainer is a total goon), could be individual players lacking/not doing what they should be, or...it could just be we have the worst luck of any team ever and have the worst injuries that don't heal even with extremely dedicated players.

20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who knows. Could be either a bad training staff (we already know our athletic trainer is a total goon), could be individual players lacking/not doing what they should be, or...it could just be we have the worst luck of any team ever and have the worst injuries that don't heal even with extremely dedicated players.

Considering all our RBs took longer with their ACL, that Marcus Peters hasn’t appropriately recovered from his ACL, considering Ronnie Stanley took longer to recover from all his injuries; it sounds like the training staff is to blame.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

That sounded pretty transparent, if you listen beyond the short quote text in the tweet. Lamar's knee is still not right.

It does sounds like the possibility of a Huntley playoff start is pretty significant now, which is going to be brutal.

Yeah I'm not lol'ing at Harbaugh/the transparency of the quote, more so at the fact that Lamar seems to be "built different" (in that his body seems to heal pretty slow compared to expectations from things like bone bruises on his foot and PCL sprains for a world-class athlete and NFL player. Not to mention missing practice and games from being sick more than any player I can remember in recent memory). But if he's missing weeks on weeks during end of the season crunch time at age 25 in his athletic prime for these things, can't wait till he's 30 (if he's still here) dealing with injuries. Solid chance a calf contusion will take him out the last 8 weeks of the season in 2029.

Guy needs to drink some OJ or something. Idk. Maybe a solid multivitamin could do him some good 

Hopefully he’s back for playoffs as he’s our only shot at an upset

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1