Will the Raiders move on from Derek Carr?

49ersfan

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like Jimmy last year, no team is trading for Carr unless its for peanuts. Where he signs after the Raiders are forced to release him, TBD.

Jared's no trade clause might turns this into Garrapolo 2.0 where the Raiders intentionally wait trying to trade, drying up the market.

He will be cut February 14th

Edited by bucksavage1

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Like Jimmy last year, no team is trading for Carr unless its for peanuts. Where he signs after the Raiders are forced to release him, TBD.

Jared's no trade clause might turns this into Garrapolo 2.0 where the Raiders intentionally wait trying to trade, drying up the market.

And the Colts were going to cut Wentz until Rivera swooped in with the dumbest trade offer ever. Don't underestimate how desperate he is

• Like 1

I’m legit curious if he can be traded. We are past the trade deadline. When does the new football year officially start? I don’t believe there is any chance for the Raiders to get anything back after they actively tanked his value in an effort to get fan ire off McDaniels but at best they have a 3 day window? Worst they have nothing. 

2 minutes ago, Leoric said:

I’m legit curious if he can be traded. We are past the trade deadline. When does the new football year officially start? I don’t believe there is any chance for the Raiders to get anything back after they actively tanked his value in an effort to get fan ire off McDaniels but at best they have a 3 day window? Worst they have nothing. 

Maybe this helps a little bit: at the end of January of 2018, it was announced the Chiefs traded Alex Smith to Washington. But nothing officially goes through until the new league year (usually in March I think)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leoric said:

They can work out a trade. It just won't become official until the league year starts. We traded for Alex Smith on January 30th

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe this helps a little bit: at the end of January of 2018, it was announced the Chiefs traded Alex Smith to Washington. But nothing officially goes through until the new league year (usually in March I think)

Thank you for that. Although that’s previous CBA too so I’m still left wondering if it’s even possible. I guess it is if the Raiders want to pay whatever roster bonus guarantees Carr triggers 3 days after the Super Bowl. His contract is really interesting. 

“Per Spotrac, the Raiders' dead-cap number for 2023 is only $5.6 million if Carr gets cut. They will have to make a quick decision because his 2023 base salary ($32.9 million) and $7.5 million of his 2024 salary become fully guaranteed on Feb. 15, three days after the Super Bowl.”

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10059966-raiders-cap-situation-explained-if-derek-carr-is-cut-in-2023-amid-1215m-contract.amp.html

Edited by Leoric
Added some context

8 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I know Carr is not an elite player, but what do you expect him to do with this, year in and year out?

We've been a horrible drafting team for years. It's really not his fault. Granted he wasn't ever elite, or super consistent. But he was a good qb. Good enough to win with if you have a good team. Hoping we have a good plan in place moving forward, but we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Well he’s not waiting around.  

He also has a sense of humor about it. 

The new regime screwed themselves setting a February 15th deadline and giving him a no trade clause to be honest. We haven't even allowed his camp to start negotiating a potential trade with other teams either.