Will the Raiders move on from Derek Carr?

49ersfan

I don't hate the fit. He would be better than what we have at QB, but I don't trust our coaching staff to get the most out of him. I'm also not comfortable giving up a draft pick for a guy that's going to be cut unless it's a 5th rounder or later. If the reported asking price is a 3rd then it's a hard pass from me.

Edited by JMG5

42 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I don't hate the fit. He would be better than what we have at QB, but I don't trust our coaching staff to get the most out of him. I'm also not comfortable giving up a draft pick for a guy that's going to be cut unless it's a 5th rounder or later. If the reported asking price is a 3rd then it's a hard pass from me.

I think it'd be almost impossible for you to sign him though when other teams can offer him a more appealing contract. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it'd be almost impossible for you to sign him though when other teams can offer him a more appealing contract. 

Then we should pass and bring Dalton back then look to the draft next year for a QB.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yes.

Carr isn't perfect and probably is who he is at this point but the disrespect he gets is pretty crazy. He has had to deal with 3 GMs, 6 head coaches, terrible defenses, and a ton of controversy in 9 years with the Raiders. And despite all that he has been extremely durable and pretty consistent year to year with like 4,000 yards / 24 TD. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You've already agreed to trade for him. Now it's just a matter of how the visit goes and if they can figure out a way to rework his contract.

If the compensation is more than a 4th then I hope he hates our facility, our front office and our food.

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Carr to NO keeps them in purgatory. Carr is a purgatory QB. I think I’d rather suck at QB than have Carr. I think the Raiders are being smart by punting on him now. 

I think purgatory is our immediately fate regardless. 2024 was always going to be the first opportunity to rebuild. For a 3rd rounder? I’d do it unless the Saints are tied two Carr more than 3 seasons. He is a pretty clear upgrade in my opinion, and I’d be pretty surprised if he doesn’t outplay practically all of the first round QBs this season. The Saints defense is still strong so I’m doubtful that they have an incredibly clear path to a top pick in 2024

I think Carr is an upgrade, but he’s still in the same tier as Dalton/Winston. NFL starter, but not good enough to take your team to the next level. He’s a middling QB. Carr at his best next season isn’t enough to make you contenders.

I am blow-it-up guy. If you don’t have a contending roster, I always think you should nuke the roster, especially if you have some valuable players, which the Saints do. They’re just kind of a mid-tier team without a legitimately good/great QB. That doesn’t win in the NFL. And with the addition of Joe Woods, I’d expect their defense to go right down a Skid Row porta potty. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Carr isn't perfect and probably is who he is at this point but the disrespect he gets is pretty crazy. He has had to deal with 3 GMs, 6 head coaches, terrible defenses, and a ton of controversy in 9 years with the Raiders. And despite all that he has been extremely durable and pretty consistent year to year with like 4,000 yards / 24 TD. 

Your own fanbase on this forum has called him a mental midget.