Will the Raiders move on from Derek Carr?

49ersfan

Just now, BayRaider said:

You're forgetting this is against the #1 defense in the NFL. Carr is horrible against elite defenses. Also, Stidham escaped pressure multiple times and took no sacks. Carr is one of the worst play extenders in the NFL. The guy needs a Top 3 Pass Protection to have any resemblance of a good season. Carr would have taken 5 sacks today AT LEAST.

Rereading my take, the "(in a loss)" reads like im critiquing Stidham, and I really didn't mean it like that.

I meant like, "puts up good numbers but all for nothing" feels extra Carr-ish, but I can accept that my phrasing + being Chiefs fan makes that a bad look, so I apologize.

59 minutes ago, Soggust said:

The irony is that Stidham's 300+ yard 3td 2int (in a loss) performance reads like a Carr statline imo lol. 

Just let them have hope and be happy. Way I see it it’s the same Raiders we saw all year. Winning in the first half, blow it in the second half. 

In Week 17 of the NFL season Stidhem was probably a top 10 NFL starting quarterback lol. 

15 minutes ago, Leoric said:

Just let them have hope and be happy. Way I see it it’s the same Raiders we saw all year. Winning in the first half, blow it in the second half. 

In Week 17 of the NFL season Stidhem was probably a top 10 NFL starting quarterback lol. 

Is there much hope (with Stidham)? I mean, I know this is going to come off poorly and I truly don't mean it disrespectfully, but I'm just saying - Are we really evaluating Stidham as a QB1 going into 2023 barring an absolute MONSTER game next week?

As a Chiefs fan, I would absolutely love if they went into next season with Stidham as QB1. but I just don't think that's super likely to happen, tbh. I think it's almost assured they will have SOME kind of vet in there with more experience, even if they draft a rookie. 

With that being said, for this game alone, I think bringing in your backup to throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs is absolutely more than you can ask for. Def not shaming lol. Just seems like a small sample to base next year on unless he turns into freakin' prime Peyton Manning calling his own plays at the line and puts up 400 4:0 next week lol. 

Edited by Soggust

58 minutes ago, Leoric said:

Raider fans know Stidham isn’t the answer. But he is a better option than Carr at this point, especially against a #1 Ranked Defense. Stidham escaped pressure many times and had 0 sacks. Carr would have taken at least 5 sacks today, one of the very worst play extenders in the NFL every year with zero pocket awareness what so ever. Stidham was also aggressive in the redzone. Carr is the most conservative QB in the redzone basically every season. He plays so scared when the field condenses. 

Nice performance by Stidham today. I was pleasantly surprised and liked how he got everyone involved including all of our playmakers, including showing very good pocket presence.  I honestly thought we'd get blown out today.

I knew he would be a better fit better with McDaniels' system than Carr as he showed a good grasp of the offense in preseason and is a former Patriot. 

Defense was awful today as they have been the past 20 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Jimmy last year, no team is trading for Carr unless its for peanuts. Where he signs after the Raiders are forced to release him, TBD.

Jared's no trade clause might turns this into Garrapolo 2.0 where the Raiders intentionally wait trying to trade, drying up the market.