Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m not trolling you guys, but I said when McD was hired that he would find a scapegoat if the Raiders didn’t have a great season and it was almost certainly to be Carr. This is less surprising than us firing Hackett. 

We don't want to hear it, but you're 100%. He's just not a good coach.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 2

I’ve knew this was coming when Carr’s contract had an out after one year. He compounded it with bad play and made it easier choice. With Brady and Jimmy G FAs, it makes sense.

Carr last 4 games

53% pass pct, 6TDs and 7INTs. Journeyman numbers

14 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If we cut carr and get nothing in return that’s a huge L for jmd and zieg. 

We get Salary cap relief in return but teams could low ball us knowing we have a deadline to cut him and they have to take his massive extension in return. Lot to sort out

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

This is not a scapegoat thing. Carr just didn’t play well. It’s that simple. 

I agree he didn't do well, however he's a middle of the road QB... Do you think McDaniels is a middle of the road HC?  I don't.  

• Like 1

People are over estimating how the players are going to feel about Carr. Players want to win games and want all players treated equally. Carr clearly was a big reason for the last two losses. He has played bad. Jacobs was probably gonna be gone anyway. I don't think the team folds cause Carr aint playing no more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Totty said:

I agree he didn't do well, however he's a middle of the road QB... Do you think McDaniels is a middle of the road HC?  I don't.  

I don’t know if he’s a middle of the road HC. I don’t know what he is tbh. I was firm that firing him after 1 year was dumb and still believe that. I do think we saw some good out of Josh, but it was obvious that Carr was not a fit. Year 2 a lot needs to be changed. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’ve knew this was coming when Carr’s contract had an out after one year. He compounded it with bad play and made it easier choice. With Brady and Jimmy G FAs, it makes sense.

Carr last 4 games

53% pass pct, 6TDs and 7INTs. Journeyman numbers

We get Salary cap relief in return but teams could low ball us knowing we have a deadline to cut him and they have to take his massive extension in return. Lot to sort out

it was a rough stretch. But the man has been a leader for the organization for over 9 years. He deserves more respect. He held this team together during the Ruggs and Gruden fiasco. Tae wouldn't have taken less money to be here if it wasn't for DC. That's a slap to his face too 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t know if he’s a middle of the road HC. I don’t know what he is tbh. I was firm that firing him after 1 year was dumb and still believe that. I do think we saw some good out of Josh, but it was obvious that Carr was not a fit. Year 2 a lot needs to be changed. 

I don't disagree, I just had issue with the "he's not a scapegoat" comment.  I believe he is.  Josh is the kind of guy who will throw WHOEVER under the bus to save his own ***.  Derek is a good NOT GREAT QB. He was castrated by not allowing him any options at the LOS.  I'll die on that sword.  He is at his best when he can adjust to what he sees.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 4