Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

it was a rough stretch. But the man has been a leader for the organization for over 9 years. He deserves more respect. He held this team together during the Ruggs and Gruden fiasco. Tae wouldn't have taken less money to be here if it wasn't for DC. That's a slap to his face too 

It’s business. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Totty said:

I don't disagree, I just had issue with the "he's not a scapegoat" comment.  I believe he is.  Josh is the kind of guy who will throw WHOEVER under the bus to save his own ***.  Derek is a good NOT GREAT QB. He was castrated by booty showing him any options at the LOS.  I'll die on that sword.  He is at his best when he can adjust to what he sees.  

That’s the thing Josh doesn’t need to save his ***. He safe he’s always been safe. That’s why I believe this is not a scapegoat thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, agarcia34 said:

That’s the thing Josh doesn’t need to save his ***. He safe he’s always been safe. That’s why I believe this is not a scapegoat thing. 

He's safe this second, but he'll run out of excuses soon enough.  

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

Imagine believing in McDaniels. Raiders won't win with that man 

Sooner or later we have to settle on a coach and give him time and leeway to make his decisions. We simply won’t know for at least another year. The fact is we’ve barely won with anyone over the last 20 years have we?

39 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I’m not trolling you guys, but I said when McD was hired that he would find a scapegoat if the Raiders didn’t have a great season and it was almost certainly to be Carr. This is less surprising than us firing Hackett. 

I had the same thought in my mind from the beginning, but never said it out loud. I hope you’re wrong, but I’m afraid you’re right.

As for Carr: This isn’t what I would do, but it is what it is. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him retire outright.

• Like 2

Just now, IdigtheRaiders! said:

I had the same thought in my mind from the beginning, but never said it out loud. I hope you’re wrong, but I’m afraid you’re right.

As for Carr: This isn’t what I would do, but it is what it is. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him retire outright.

too much money on the line to retire. 

4 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Even among Patriot guys Mac is a special kind of jerk. 

I feel bad for Carr, who is a first class guy even if he wasn’t a HOF QB. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 5

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Caleb Williams is kind of a piece of ****. Yes, his talent is crazy but his mentality doesn't settle well with me and I could see his tenure as a pro being very rocky 

based on what exactly? Dude makes plays and his coaches and teammates seem to love him. Hes spread a bunch of love with his NILs, too.