Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

That right there NY is totally uncalled for! Especially coming from the guy who referred to renfrow the way you did....and got warned for. That sir, is the epitomy of being a hypocrite!!  Nothing personal, but I WILL call it like I see it EVERY f*cking time!!! 

I know you’re emotional but just chill 

13 minutes ago, Totty said:

You honestly think it was his choice? 😂 That dude if you like it or not is Raider through and through.  

Either it was his choice to step away so McDumbass looks really bad when Stidham looks like hot garbage with the ridiculously stupid play calling.

or 

It was McDumbass's choice to keep Carr away so he doesn't have to put him back out there when Stidham looks like hot garbage with the ridiculously stupid play calling.

21 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

That right there NY is totally uncalled for! Especially coming from the guy who referred to renfrow the way you did....and got warned for. That sir, is the epitomy of being a hypocrite!!  Nothing personal, but I WILL call it like I see it EVERY f*cking time!!! 

Dude's a ******* loser who just craves attention. No one should give him any. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So we sucked before him and with him

Not exactly lining up with your original point. We have two playoff appearances in those 9 years, and that's not good enough.  We had zero in those 9 years before.  

Only one team has ranks 32nd on defense since 2014.  Guess who? 🤔

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Not exactly lining up with your original point. We have two playoff appearances in those 9 years, and that's not good enough.  We had zero in those 9 years before.  

Only one team has ranks 32nd on defense since 2014.  Guess who? 🤔

Tell me a stat he can control… Tell me what his red zone TD percentage has been. I’ll wait. If you need I can provide a website to show you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Long overdue. Carr is not a good QB and has been overrated by certain Raider fans for a long time. 

- Terrible under pressure, complete panic, 

- His deep ball is atrocious and he hates throwing deep

- Cannot throw with anticipation at all, what so ever. To be a franchise QB, you need to throw with anticipation like Burrow, Tua, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, Watson, etc. This has always been Carr’s biggest flaw for me, and it’s why Top defenses destroy him. 

- Not a great mental processor. If his assessment of the defense is wrong once he snaps the ball, and his first read isn’t open, he panics. 

- Gives up on 3rd down like it’s a 1st or 2nd down. 

- Below average pocket presence

- One of the worst play extenders in the league

He does have pros though:

- Accuracy and Arm Strength short and intermediate is very very good

- He is very good pre snap at reading defense and making audibles and adjustments

Overall, I would say Carr is a below average starting QB in the NFL in the  18-21 range. He has always been overrated when he goes on his 4 game hot streaks once a year. 

Colts will likely make yet another mistake at QB as they always do. 

I’m glad Carr will finally be gone. He has been holding this team back for so so long. All 31 other NFL Franchises would have got rid of Carr a long LONG time ago. Mark Davis keeps hiring coaches that say they will keep Carr and build around Carr. Davis has always had a hard-on for Carr. The only time a coach has ever held Carr accountable for his play was Del Rio in 2017 and Davis canned him. Davis has protecting Carr for soooooo long. No more. He’s finished. We might be worse the first season without, and Carr’s team will probably have more success than the Raiders the first year, but the Raiders will be more successful long term. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I was asking for Brady HARD in 2020. He was the answer and I knew who Carr was, a below average QB that will simply not get the job done. Brady was still a superstar entering 2020. He also would have brought more talent with him with all his massive connections. 

However, I agree, Brady nor Jimmy are the answer. Jimmy isn’t even better than Carr. Jimmy might be a better fit for McDaniels system, but he’s not a good QB. 

Gambling on a young guy is the answer. Even if we very aggressively have to trade up. 

We do need to sign a one year journeyman veteran who can win games. Brady isn’t going to do a one year deal. It might have to be Jimmy or Baker who I think are both worse than Carr. 

I always figured the first year without Carr, our team and QB play will be worse the initial season, but it is so beneficial long term if we choose the right guy in the draft. 

My posts about this from NFL General as I don’t want to retype them. 

Later Carr. I’ll thank you for 2016, but that’s about it. Should have moved on a long time ago. 

@Frankie2Gunz Time for you to switch teams. Especially if all of your posts are going to be “we would be so much better with Derek!” and crying the entire 2023 season. We might be worse without Carr the first year, but this is a very beneficial long term move. Carr keeps you 7-9/8-8 every year. You won’t win the division, you won’t win a playoff game since he sucks in cold weather, and you won’t be 4-12 so you can get an elite prospect. Carr had to go. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Totty said:

You honestly think it was his choice? 😂 That dude if you like it or not is Raider through and through.  

A coach can’t prevent a player from being on the sidelines or in the lockerroom. If that decision came from McDaniels, he would lose the lockerroom. Carr has always been way more selfish than people think. His nice guy act and religion make people believe he is some self-less person, he is not. He is actually quite sensitive and self absorbed. He actually did act like Baker Mayfield any time there were rumors of the Raiders moving on. Carr did not treat it like a business. He always took it personal and reacted like a chump. 

• Like 2