Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Terrible look if we can’t get anything for DC. What a mismanagement of an asset. Killed all leverage when we benched him, so unnecessary. 

I think that contract killed all leverage iirc he didn’t need a new contract. Definitely not one with a ntc and a feb15 deadline. That’s a huge L for jmd and Ziegs. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Truth hurts I don’t think this ends well on both sides 

I am hoping I am wrong here, but, I know Feb 15th is the big deadline for his guarantee to kick in. . . 
if we pass that date what is like 65 mil is guaranteed right? 
but he got 25 this year and is getting 35 next? 

does than mean we couldve cut him next offseason for only 5 mil?

Thinking i am wrong, maybe this year didnt count to the guarantee? 

• 2023 salary + $7.5M of 2024 salary fully guarantees 2/15/2023 (injury guaranteed at signing)
Edited by BackinBlack

18 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I think that contract killed all leverage iirc he didn’t need a new contract. Definitely not one with a ntc and a feb15 deadline. That’s a huge L for jmd and Ziegs. 

He could've just played out the last year on his deal but I'm assuming Carr's camp was adamant about the Feb 15 deadline / NTC if the team wasn't going to commit to giving him GTD money.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

During his sermon he basically implied that the team did him wrong but that god brings adversity into your life for a reason. He also joked about how he wanted to go back at the team's leadership but he already has family members doing that for him. Did Jimmy G, Baker Mayfield, or Tom Brady even publicly comment when their teams decided to move on from them? 

Baker definitely did lol

https://www.kjrh.com/sports/baker-mayfield-speaks-out-on-expected-split-with-browns

Edited by true2form
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I am hoping I am wrong here, but, I know Feb 15th is the big deadline for his guarantee to kick in. . . 
if we pass that date what is like 65 mil is guaranteed right? 
but he got 25 this year and is getting 35 next? 

does than mean we couldve cut him next offseason for only 5 mil?

Thinking i am wrong, maybe this year didnt count to the guarantee? 

• 2023 salary + $7.5M of 2024 salary fully guarantees 2/15/2023 (injury guaranteed at signing)

Not a contract guy so idk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

ESPN is reporting the Raiders will be cutting Carr before the pro bowl 

Told ya

carr has a hand in this also he could waive the ntc and even extend the date. So all this I don’t wanna get Cut I wanna get traded to save face is bs imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

That whole take never made sense to me

Honestly I think Carr is probably jaded about keeping his current deal with basically 0 long term security and would rather get a smaller deal with more guaranteed money on the backend.