Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

Carr to the Saints has felt like a good fit for a while and would work for all parties.

Hopefully everything goes well and we can get a decent pick for him.

Edit - what this also might do is drive up interest, which can only be a good thing for the Raiders. Maybe the Panthers and Buccaneers decide they have to play their hand if they have any interest in Carr.

This visit is important and I’m glad the team have authorised it even if there’s no actual compensation deal agreed yet.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Carr to the Saints has felt like a good fit for a while and would work for all parties.

Hopefully everything goes well and we can get a decent pick for him.

Edit - what this also might do is drive up interest, which can only be a good thing for the Raiders. Maybe the Panthers and Buccaneers decide they have to play their hand if they have any interest in Carr.

This visit is important and I’m glad the team have authorised it even if there’s no actual compensation deal agreed yet.

I saw a report today that the Panthers aren't planning to pursue him. I think the only reason that we're allowing Carr to visit with them is because they're in cap hell and would have to acquire him via trade because it'd allow them to get creative with his current contract. They won't be able to match the terms that other teams can offer him in free agency. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think Sanjit is plugged in...? Where is he getting this info.

Not sure but another account (RaidersDesigns) that he always talks too broke that Carr was going to visit New Orleans tomorrow an hour before Ian Rappoport did.