Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

Smart move. It's not the best sign to the team when they're technically in it, but this team won't do anything in the playoffs. Why delay the inevitable? They're gonna try to move him early in the off-season so that his guaranteed money doesn't kick in.

Edited by RaiderX
  • Like 2

A young drafted guy is the answer. There is no FA or Trade-For gem this offseason. I loved the idea of Brady in 2020 but not anymore. 

If we bring in a QB worse than Carr like Baker for one season while the young guy learns, I’m ok with that. But a drafted young guy is the decision here, not some flashy vet like Brady or Rodgers. 

Even if we have to trade up for a Top 2-3 pick, it’s fine. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Happy to see the franchise turn the page on the Carr era. I’m tired of mediocrity and excited to see what a competent front office will do with the additional draft capital and cap space. If that means 2023 is a tough year then so be it. Ziegler and JMD should be looking at this through a 3-5 year lens and not a year-to-year perspective. 

I also think it’s incredibly selfish and disappointing to see Carr abandon his teammates for the last 2 games. If he really is who he says he is then he should suck it up and take the 2 weeks of free million dollar plus game checks with a smile.

This franchise gave him $150 million dollars in less than a decade and stood behind him as QB1 when many others would have moved on. He was given every opportunity to be a 12-15 year starter and he shrunk in the big moments. That’s on HIM. Not on Mark Davis, Dave Ziegler, Josh McDaniels or anybody else. 

Well said. So much for the “team leader” accepting accountability for his bad play. Raiders made him the unquestioned starter for nearly a decade and pay him handsomely  for nothing but 80 losses and no playoff wins. Rebuilt various rosters, coaching staffs all around him when other teams would of brought another QB.

The least he could do was put on a headset and help his team win from the sidelines

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Well said. So much for the “team leader” accepting accountability for his bad play. Raiders made him the unquestioned starter for nearly a decade and pay him handsomely  for nothing but 80 losses and no playoff wins. Rebuilt various rosters, coaching staffs all around him when other teams would of brought another QB.

The least he could do was put on a headset and help his team win from the sidelines

Carr never accepts accountability. Absolutely despise that mans press conferences. He’s a worm who acts like he isn’t. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr never accepts accountability. Absolutely despise that mans press conferences. He’s a worm who acts like he isn’t. 

I was tired of his press conferences. It seemed so setup like he was delivering a sermon. People like to look at Wilson fake and rightfully so but Carr doesn’t come off genuine either in the media

I’ve heard he’s a really cool person to be around though 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I was tired of his press conferences. It seemed so setup like he was delivering a sermon. People like to look at Wilson fake and rightfully so but Carr doesn’t come off genuine either in the media

I’ve heard he’s a really cool person to be around though 

Yeah I’m sure Carr is a cool dude in real life but I could care absolutely less about that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Time for you to pack up and head to wherever Carr’s next destination is. It’s been real my man. 

Him and Frankie both. Not once in 8 years have ever admitted anything is Carr’s fault ever. And he doesn’t have flaws. I’ll give humble credit, he said Carr had a bad game once. Frankie though, nothing, ever. 

• Like 2