Week 17 GDT: Broncos @ KC Chiefs @ 11:00 AM MST

grizmo78

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think what has happened after that (horrific) OPI call sums up the two teams. 

Our margins for victory are so small that one penalty has completely derailed us. If thats the Chiefs, they just brush if off and march down the field on the next series. 

You mean kinda like that? KC scored and we marched right down the field and answered? 

Gotta admit it. This is probably the best we've played all year. Late in the 4th and I'm still interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That was clearly a snap error. Wilson wasn't ready and the rest of the OL didn't move. 

Kid fell asleep in my arms and can’t reach the remote, but noticed Rosburg wasn’t happy and wanted to go back and look at that play.

I don't even care that we lost. This was easily the most competently coached football team we've had in years. It's not Rosburg's fault that we have the worst O-line in the entire NFL. Or that half our team is injured. Or that he had 1 week to prepare for the toughest team in the AFC in their own stadium. Really would have liked to see a 4-5 game sample size to finish the season. Just to make sure we don't have something there. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I don't even care that we lost. This was easily the most competently coached football team we've had in years. It's not Rosburg's fault that we have the worst O-line in the entire NFL. Or that half our team is injured. Or that he had 1 week to prepare for the toughest team in the AFC in their own stadium. Really would have liked to see a 4-5 game sample size to finish the season. Just to make sure we don't have something there. 

Would've liked the win but outside of that I couldn't be happier. Helluva HC debut for Rosburg. Same for Outen/Kubiak. Good game plan and play calling. Almost good enough to win in the toughest place to play in January in the NFL. 

I'm actually going to watch the entire game for the first time this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That wasn’t half bad. 

I hope the new HC retains Rossburg as STC, I think he has respect of the locker room. Good effort. P

I doubt he'd stay as ST coach. Someone pointed out he's auditioning for the HC job himself and you have to admit that's a great start. Taking a clearly inferior team into KC and being in a position to win with a little over a minute left is pretty tough to beat. Only 3 penalties and 21st downs. 24 points.

My opinion is , outside of a complete collapse next week, my HC search is over.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I doubt he'd stay as ST coach. Someone pointed out he's auditioning for the HC job himself and you have to admit that's a great start. Taking a clearly inferior team into KC and being in a position to win with a little over a minute left is pretty tough to beat. Only 3 penalties and 21st downs. 24 points.

My opinion is , outside of a complete collapse next week, my HC search is over.

I think it really needs to be pointed out too, he wasn’t coaching this entire season. They hired him to help with game management. He hadn’t actually worked with any of these players, or coached any of them. He literally had a week to start from scratch, figure out what he had personnel wise, and come up with a game plan to take on the Chiefs at home. And were it not for one of the most horrific offensive pass interference calls I’ve ever seen, this game likely would have went to overtime. 

Imagine that. Inheriting a roster you’ve never coached. Half the team is injured. And you have a week to prepare against KC. In their own house. In January.. And pushing them to the brink. Under those circumstances, that’s one hell of a debut. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I think it really needs to be pointed out too, he wasn’t coaching this entire season. They hired him to help with game management. He hadn’t actually worked with any of these players, or coached any of them. He literally had a week to start from scratch, figure out what he had personnel wise, and come up with a game plan to take on the Chiefs at home. And were it not for one of the most horrific offensive pass interference calls I’ve ever seen, this game likely would have went to overtime. 

Imagine that. Inheriting a roster you’ve never coached. Half the team is injured. And you have a week to prepare against KC. In their own house. In January.. And pushing them to the brink. Under those circumstances, that’s one hell of a debut. 

Just read this, you'll get a kick out of it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35349418/jerry-rosburg-says-broncos-need-pick-our-own-mess

• Like 1

Impressed with the effort today. We've lost nine games by 7 points or less. The coaching issues and injury issues completely wrecked this team at the margins. Compounded by awful playcalling, a bad OL, and Russ being out of sorts.

Liked what I saw from Rosburg. Seems to have the respect of some guys which is good. Don't think he stands a chance at HC, however.

Anyway, at least the season is almost over. Another wasted year. Hopefully it gets figured out next year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

That is the WORST penalty call ive seen all year. 

Russ’s lost fumble just before half should’ve been called a forward pass, as well. And then the Mahomes bomb right after to set up the last second FG attempt was probably bobbled at the ground. Tough to overturn either of them one way or the other, but of course they both went KC’s way in real time. I hate the champion’s whistle.