Week 17 - Browns vs Commanders..."The Battle of the Dysfunctional Team Owners"

Bucketheadsdad

Most dysfunctional owner?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most dysfunctional owner?

• Jimmy Truckstop
    • Sleazy Dan Snyder
  2. 2. Are you watching the game this weekend?

• Yes
    • No
    • Working on my mock draft to see who we take in the 1st Rd....wait...Nevermind. I'll watch

Well, we're out of the playoff contention.  

We're on the road for the last two weeks, and we have little more to look forward to than 

be a spoiler (maybe we have your back, Aaron Rodgers).

Milk Vomit GIF by Perfect Harmony

We've got one of the most dysfunctional owners in the league, with Jimmy Truckstop.  

AP17305655531085.jpg

who has gone through coaches and front offices the way that Kardashians go through husbands/boyfriends....

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&width=1200

Right, Kanye?

Kanye West Shrug GIF

Can we get a rebate on the last decade of our FB lives?

Spoiler

(or will Pilot/Flying J find some way to hang onto that as well?)

But is Jimmy actually the normal one compared to the

season 9 episode 26 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

that is Dan Snyder,

901673860.jpeg

where weird things have been going on for quite some time.

Game Football GIF

While the league hasn't exactly tired of Jimmy being a team owner,

they seemingly are investigating whether or not to strip Snyder of his ownership of the club.

Snyder has said that he has plenty of "dirty laundry" that he'll take out of the hamper about other owners.

Looking On Fire GIF

(The right time to bring the QB from the original Mean Machine for this scorched earth gif.)

Spoiler

RIP Burt Reynolds

Sure...they've got something to play for, and we don't.

Spoiler

What else is new?

That means that we'll probably play the best game we've played all year.

We'll probably win by 3 touchdowns, and it really doesn't matter.  Does it?

Spoiler

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes with yet another GDT, but it didn't look like anyone else had one in the works.  

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 5

When I lament what a joke our team owner is, the only shred of consolation I can usually find is "at least he's not Dan Snyder".

I can't begin to predict this game - true coin flip. Seems like the type of game the Browns might win - now that we're out of contention, why not give a tantalizing glimpse of what could have been in this maddeningly frustrating season?

• Like 2

I don't know what Watson will end up being here, it will certainly be better than we've (you've) seen so far. Even if he ends up being average he should have some great games mixed in. He is probably due for one of those, It isn't like he hadn't touched a football in 2 years so physically he should be great and some days you are just on so I'm expecting the offense to finally show up. Which may mean the defense takes the day off, who knows.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Watson needs to build chemistry with our WRs.

I will be pissed if this team doesn’t go out and compete.

Absolutely, this is about coming out and trying to make a statement for 2023.  Losing doesn’t help anyone.  If someone doesn’t want to play, sit their *** and evaluate in the off-season.

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
57 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Watson needs to build chemistry with our WRs.

I will be pissed if this team doesn’t go out and compete.

Absolutely, this is about coming out and trying to make a statement for 2023.  Losing doesn’t help anyone.  If someone doesn’t want to play, sit their *** and evaluate in the off-season.

The team still needs an identity change. To be great you usually have to be a high effort team like the teams in our division that I don't like. More than chemistry you have to come out like you want it more. That hasn't been the Browns identity besides a few select players for awhile now. Probably like 15 years ago.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The team still needs an identity change.

I’ve never thought of us as having an identity at all tbh.

With the construction of this roster offensively, we should be a run first team that is highly efficient in the pass game.

The big plays should come via play action and busted runs.

To be great you usually have to be a high effort team like the teams in our division that I don't like.

That’s the starting point for being competitive year in, year out.

More than chemistry you have to come out like you want it more.

100% agree.  The talent gap between games in the nfl isn’t like college.  Games come down most often to mistakes, coaching, and taking advantage of your opponent’s mistakes.

That hasn't been the Browns identity besides a few select players for awhile now. Probably like 15 years ago.

I don’t remember that team then tbh.  Even in 2007 we had some talent, won some fluky games, whatever.  We haven’t had a consistently competitive team looking to kick teeth in since the 80’s.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Happy first day of legal sports betting. I’ve got the browns today in the hopes that we lose and I’m forever reminded to not bet on this trash team ever again. 

They’ll be cruel to you and win today

Have to make gamblers believe they’re close to their big payday!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Happy first day of legal sports betting. I’ve got the browns today in the hopes that we lose and I’m forever reminded to not bet on this trash team ever again. 

It is going to be interesting 

But we have the 26th ranked offense sense stefanski and leshaun have started together. 

This could be ugly