Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

We are crowding up race for number 1 pick and draft prospect thread with random mocks and simulations.  

So I thought I would start a thread for the purpose.   They are always way off and often unrealistic anyway.  But fun.  

This was another fun one I did on Pro Football Network were I just keep trading down with near every offer collect tons of first rounders for future.  LOL I got 6 first rounders and still had picks 24, 25 and 32.  To go into 2024 draft with 7 first rounders would be insane:

• CHI
    Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • CHI
    B.J. Ojulari
    EDGE LSU
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Josh Downs
    WR North Carolina
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Jalin Hyatt
    WR Tennessee

• CHI
    Dawand Jones
    OT Ohio State

• CHI
    Jaquelin Roy
    DT LSU

• CHI
    Andrew Vorhees
    OG USC

• CHI
    Jalen Graham
    LB Purdue

• CHI
    Hunter Luepke
    RB North Dakota State

• 2024 SEA 1st
  • 2024 CLE 1st
  • 2024 HOU 1st
  • 2024 TEN 1st
  • 2024 DEN 1st
  • 2024 BAL 1st
  • 2024 DEN 3rd

You know I look at other fans pages simulations and a lot of different people repping different teams draft same guys in 2, 3, 4th, 5th.

Interesting.

Wonder if it is name recognition or position need or position importance or lots of people just like same prospects?

Also interesting that a lot of teams I would deem QB needy don't draft QB or look to trade up for QB in their simulations.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

This is what Lions fans go through every year.

They have come to love draft more than the season.   

Reminds me of playing Madden as a kid.  I always liked the offseason transactions and drafting better than playing a whole season, I'd usually play the first game, sim the rest, and then go into GM mode.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Reminds me of playing Madden as a kid.  I always liked the offseason transactions and drafting better than playing a whole season, I'd usually play the first game, sim the rest, and then go into GM mode.

I stopped playing Madden in early 90s before they had all that stuff.

I was super excited about VR pro football.   But it kind of sucks.  The mechanics of your arm don't match where ball goes very well.   I will check down and it throws deep or a slant and vis a versa.   I throw to a WR or back I don't intend to all time and it pisses me off.  

I can't figure out how to call my own play without audibling which is frustrating.   You can sim the defense, but there is still a delay where you have to wait to play again.

My son doesn't know football, but he can play it and take Tom Brady and scramble for 80 yard TDs which makes no sense at all.   He played Brady and took ball from RB 3 yards downfield and scored on like a 70 yard run.   Crazy.   

I have only played like 4 times.   It just isn't fun as it is.   Right idea, just needs to be better.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Also interesting that a lot of teams I would deem QB needy don't draft QB or look to trade up for QB in their simulations.

Its never fun to mock a Trade UP, giving up all your assets. Especially when its not for a Generational QB (which teams at #1 rarely give up that pick) and for guys who you think you would be better passing on but Front Offices have alot harder time passing on QB when they dont have one.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, dll2000 said:

https://nfldraftlounge.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

This one gives stingier trades than others.  Their computer generated selections are different than others though.  Players can drop that probably won't.

At least according to other sims.

Feels like the trades it wants to make are unrealistic in the other way than most, it gave me no options for #2, and then wanted to trade for our 2nd rounder starting with a 4th round pick coming back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Feels like the trades it wants to make are unrealistic in the other way than most, it gave me no options for #2, and then wanted to trade for our 2nd rounder starting with a 4th round pick coming back.

The trades they offer are always bad.  But if you offer trade they are different.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

yeah, you would have teams offer 2 7ths, a 2024 6th and a 2025 6th for #17 overall. quantity over quality

My current favorite "trade everything" draft

12. Tyree Wilson-Edge  Top 3 edge in the class, but freakish length.
20. Broderick Jones-OT   Shot 1 at fixing this damn OL
35. Jalin Hyatt-WR    My #1 WR for this class
39. Calijah Cancey-3T   This is a bit of a gamble on "Baby Aaron Donald" he's light for a 3t, but he's DAMN FAST at penetrating his gap
53. Jaymhir Gibbs-RB    I didn't actually want to draft him, but this value is too good at pick #53. He's a dynamic RB and VERY good receiving
57. Zay Flowers-WR     Criminally underrated WR from this class.
61. Jaelyn Duncan-OT    Shot 2 at an OL.
64. Bralen Trice-Edge     Good size and power at edge
65. Jack Campbnell-LB   FREAKISH size for a LB.... not sure if he could play WILL or not.
82. Mazi Smith-NT      Freakiest athlete in the draft, and a bit of stoutness next to Cancey (above) to help compensate for him being lighter.
116. Ricky Stromberg-OC/OG  Plays C and has played OG.... one of the higher rated centers
125. Joe Tippman-OC/OG  More of a developmental guy, but one of the most atheltic guys for the line... IDEALLY he ends up winning the center job.
129. Warren McClendon-OT   Shot 3 at OT.... I will fix this gdamn line.
131. Tyler Steen-OT   SHOT 4.....
133.  Cody Mauch-OT  SHOT 5
147. Tyler Harrell -WR    This dude accomplished almost nothing in college ball as a WR and would probably go undrafted if not for the fact that he also has been clocked ON FIELD over 24mph, and is probably faster than Tyreek Hill.  That is a high upside long shot I can get behind.
2024 CAR 1st    (Ammunition for us to move and select Harrison-WR next year or trade up for a QB if Fields still isn't getting it done as a passer)
2024 CAR 3rd   (Cherry on top)

Goal with this draft (other than trading way more than would be realistically possible):  I will fix both lines. The entire DL is changed, and I am drafting enough OL to more than replace literally everyone. FIGHT FOR YOUR JOBS AND GO BLOCK SOMEONE  I also gave us more weapons than Ukraine, featuring the most explosive running back (who can also catch VERY well out of the backfield) and two top 5 WRs who both are going to run 4.35 or faster..... and one long shot late rounder who is likely going to run sub 4.25.......

Beyond that I'm also getting capital for the year after, because Fields needs to produce in 23 or get replaced in 24. I'm thrilled he's a dynamic running threat, but he's FAR from showing me that he's "the guy" going forward long term as a passer..  Yes, he currently has a horrendous offensive line and non existent WR room but this draft should also theoretically fix those things and we frankly need to start being realistic about what his second contract should look like (or if he's even worth one).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Epyon said:

My current favorite "trade everything" draft

12. Tyree Wilson-Edge  Top 3 edge in the class, but freakish length.
20. Broderick Jones-OT   Shot 1 at fixing this damn OL
35. Jalin Hyatt-WR    My #1 WR for this class
39. Calijah Cancey-3T   This is a bit of a gamble on "Baby Aaron Donald" he's light for a 3t, but he's DAMN FAST at penetrating his gap
53. Jaymhir Gibbs-RB    I didn't actually want to draft him, but this value is too good at pick #53. He's a dynamic RB and VERY good receiving
57. Zay Flowers-WR     Criminally underrated WR from this class.
61. Jaelyn Duncan-OT    Shot 2 at an OL.
64. Bralen Trice-Edge     Good size and power at edge
65. Jack Campbnell-LB   FREAKISH size for a LB.... not sure if he could play WILL or not.
82. Mazi Smith-NT      Freakiest athlete in the draft, and a bit of stoutness next to Cancey (above) to help compensate for him being lighter.
116. Ricky Stromberg-OC/OG  Plays C and has played OG.... one of the higher rated centers
125. Joe Tippman-OC/OG  More of a developmental guy, but one of the most atheltic guys for the line... IDEALLY he ends up winning the center job.
129. Warren McClendon-OT   Shot 3 at OT.... I will fix this gdamn line.
131. Tyler Steen-OT   SHOT 4.....
133.  Cody Mauch-OT  SHOT 5
147. Tyler Harrell -WR    This dude accomplished almost nothing in college ball as a WR and would probably go undrafted if not for the fact that he also has been clocked ON FIELD over 24mph, and is probably faster than Tyreek Hill.  That is a high upside long shot I can get behind.
2024 CAR 1st    (Ammunition for us to move and select Harrison-WR next year or trade up for a QB if Fields still isn't getting it done as a passer)
2024 CAR 3rd   (Cherry on top)

Goal with this draft (other than trading way more than would be realistically possible):  I will fix both lines. The entire DL is changed, and I am drafting enough OL to more than replace literally everyone. FIGHT FOR YOUR JOBS AND GO BLOCK SOMEONE  I also gave us more weapons than Ukraine, featuring the most explosive running back (who can also catch VERY well out of the backfield) and two top 5 WRs who both are going to run 4.35 or faster..... and one long shot late rounder who is likely going to run sub 4.25.......

Beyond that I'm also getting capital for the year after, because Fields needs to produce in 23 or get replaced in 24. I'm thrilled he's a dynamic running threat, but he's FAR from showing me that he's "the guy" going forward long term as a passer..  Yes, he currently has a horrendous offensive line and non existent WR room but this draft should also theoretically fix those things and we frankly need to start being realistic about what his second contract should look like (or if he's even worth one).

There's zero realism in it and I love it. Could you imagine the media/fam frenzy at all the trades? Lmao 

• Like 1