Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe most delusional mock yet. By a Titans fan.  

Fans always dump their trash on other teams and think they will love what they hate.  

In what world do we give up #1 for Tannehill? 

That's as likely to happen as me being drafted in the top 10 this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

In what world do we give up #1 for Tannehill? 

We obviously, absolutely wouldnt.

But let me say this, had his contract been set up for it (I dont think it is) I would have absolutely done an Osweiler trade with the Titans. Unfortunately I dont think trading vs cutting does anything for them

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It's also funny that almost every mock for any team includes Darnell Wright.

Usually an indication that even fans know simulators have him too low in their drafts.

Yes, but also thats a Tennessee fan drafting (Titans mock, also picked Tillman)

I think there is a chance that Wright is the 3rd Lineman taken off the board. He could aslo be like the 9th, just depends who he impresses most, and when the dominos start to fall

• Like 1

I always target Wright in simulation drafts myself.   But I think us signing Jawaan Taylor in FA makes a lot of sense.  He too plays right tackle.   Other 2 likely big OT FAs are RTs as well; Kaleb McGrary and the 49ers guy ... what was his name ... McGlinchey.  

If you sign a big FA RT and you draft Wright you have to decide what to with him. 

He isn't taking Taylor's job as a rookie.  Do you play Wright at guard?  Do you try Taylor or Wright at LT and maybe move Braxton inside to G?   Or move Braxton to right side?    I also don't love idea of moving guys positions around too much.

I think Wright could be a really good guard, but not sure he would love a position change out of the gate.   That is really a career tone setter.   Guys don't usually go from G to T unless they are all world at G first or there is no one healthy left to play T.  Going to be some grumbling.   

Also not sold on Braxton being our LT moving forward.  I can forgive the pressures and whiffs as a rookie, but way he was physically bullied in pass pro bothers me.  Funny thing is he often did bullying moving forward.  His anchor is just bad.  I don't love the standard NFL anchor technique anyway - but that discussion is too long for here.  

Do you make a trade proposal for Laremy Tunsil to solve LT issue?  Would Texans even be interested after giant trade to get him in first place?  Also leaving them without a viable LT.

Or you have the 3 players people are tabbing as prime LTs in draft - Paris Johnson, Peter Skoronski or the OK guy .. Anton .. Anton Harrison that's it.   But we saw the high LT draft picks of 2022 didn't always play great either.  Not really even better than Braxton did for most part.

Tough decisions to make on OL.   What is clear is we need to upgrade talent on OL.

I think we get at least one big vet OL via FA or trade.  Probably an OT.   

We really need better C play as well.  It is crucial.

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Also not sold on Braxton being our LT moving forward.  I can forgive the pressures and whiffs as a rookie, but way he was physically bullied in pass pro bothers me.  Funny thing is he often did bullying moving forward.  His anchor is just bad.  I don't love the standard NFL anchor technique anyway - but that discussion is too long for here.  

Do you make a trade proposal for Laremy Tunsil to solve LT issue?  Would Texans even be interested after giant trade to get him in first place?  Also leaving them without a viable LT.

This stuff, is where you have to realize that this is a multi-year rebuild. We arent one player away from contention. So they arent going out to target a LT. If we end up with a Lineman falling to us that is better at LT than Braxton, then year you let him win the battle and figure out Jones' spot later. 

But just like Patrick at Center (ok maybe alittle different), Jones is the guy they identified that could be enough of what they want at that position. Does that mean he is locked in there for the next 6 years no matter what? of course not, but I think he's getting atleast Year 2, unless we have an unbelievable value fall to us, and Braxton just gets beaten out in camp.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

This stuff, is where you have to realize that this is a multi-year rebuild. We arent one player away from contention. So they arent going out to target a LT. If we end up with a Lineman falling to us that is better at LT than Braxton, then year you let him win the battle and figure out Jones' spot later. 

But just like Patrick at Center (ok maybe alittle different), Jones is the guy they identified that could be enough of what they want at that position. Does that mean he is locked in there for the next 6 years no matter what? of course not, but I think he's getting atleast Year 2, unless we have an unbelievable value fall to us, and Braxton just gets beaten out in camp.

I agree he isn't trying to go all in this year alone.

He has dream of doing it 'right way.'   Which means he likely wants to add young FA talent only - which is why I don't think he is going to trade or sign 30+ year old vet stars like Hopkins.

Why I think Taylor and Payne make a lot of sense if they are within cost parameters as they are both 25.  

And he wants to draft BPA according to his board (for most part) you do have to factor in need a little.  You aren't going to draft 3 TEs even if they are BPA for example.

Ultimately he wants to end up with a majority of his players coming through draft and extensions and depth coming from 1 or 2 year vet signings that don't tie you down budget wise.

One flaw in his plan is he is likely overestimating his ability to pick winners in draft and probably needs more 'sure' things in proven players than he thinks at moment.   Seems that is near universal to all new GMs.

We'll see how it all plays out IRL.  

Next handful of months are going to go by slow, but we are going to have a lot to discuss after FA and draft is done.   Should be maybe most interesting offseason in my lifetime.

2018 was pretty interesting at time even though it died on the vine in hindsight.  We went "all in" signing Prince, ARob, Gabriel and Burton and then made blockbuster trade for Mack just before season started that dwarfed it all.  

It did produce dividends in a huge turnaround year.   But 2019 saw it expose all holes and lack of depth.  

Almost want to start a podcast/youtube to discuss Bears this offseason even if it is just a few people listening.  LOL