Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

This stuff, is where you have to realize that this is a multi-year rebuild. We arent one player away from contention. So they arent going out to target a LT. If we end up with a Lineman falling to us that is better at LT than Braxton, then year you let him win the battle and figure out Jones' spot later. 

But just like Patrick at Center (ok maybe alittle different), Jones is the guy they identified that could be enough of what they want at that position. Does that mean he is locked in there for the next 6 years no matter what? of course not, but I think he's getting atleast Year 2, unless we have an unbelievable value fall to us, and Braxton just gets beaten out in camp.

Agreed. Jones showed enough promise and potential in 2022 to warrant a real 2023 look IMO. Not one without competition or a legitimate backup option, but to the point where he’s probably not getting outright replaced this offseason as our starter. It also sounded like he and the staff are keenly aware where his biggest deficiencies were (his anchor against power) when he spoke after the season and that that’ll be the focus for him between now and July. IMO, if Jones can add a consistently solid anchor against power with everything else staying relatively the same skill set wise that’s a pretty damn solid player, especially as his experience grows. I think there’s a great deal of optimism for his future, and were you to look at his tape without knowing who was who alongside that of those other LTs drafted much higher than him in 2022 he’d fit right in with where most of them were overall. 

• Like 1

This weird mock gave me a lot of guys I kinda like all in same draft.

A lot of late guys that go way earlier in other sims.

• Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Peter Skoronski
    OT Northwestern
    trade icon
  • CHI
    John Michael Schmitz
    OC Minnesota

• CHI
    Cody Mauch
    OT North Dakota State

• CHI
    Zach Harrison
    EDGE Ohio State

• CHI
    K.J. Henry
    EDGE Clemson

• CHI
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Payne Durham
    TE Purdue

• CHI
    Sydney Brown
    S Illinois
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati

• CHI
    Moro Ojomo
    DT Texas
    trade icon

• Like 1

If only it was this easy 😂

VOL7bWH.png
the focus on this mock was trading for Higgins and the trade was far too modest a return for the bengals so I should’ve had us lose more to get him. Also hit the double trade down to get Wilson, who I think may be the best pure pass rusher in the edge class. Every single pick outside of Wilson in the first is much later than I expect each prospect to go, but if the off-season went half this way I’d be happy. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, HuskieBear said:

ok, but what if they signed both orlando brown and jawaan taylor to play the bookends, cut whitehair, move braxton to LG, then focus on the dline/skill in the draft. 

so many scenarios that aren't going to happen but i'm sure as hell going to overthink all of them

If they signed both to be the OTs I would be happy to even kick Jones to LG and Whitehair to C. If Whitehair and Jones are the "weak links" then the OL is better than its been in a long time. 

• Like 1

No way this would ever happen but it would be a great combination of getting top end talent as well as plenty of depth...

I can't get this stupid ******* mock simulator to post, so i'll just write it out

FA - With Poles coming from KC and seeing how they rebuilt the line after the Bucs SB, and with us having the most cap space and a QB that's cheap for 3 more years, Poles attacks. (i'm not doing contract details because this is supposed to be quick)

LT - Orlando Brown - i know some people don't like him because he's not elite but still expensive. however, he is a very good player and would immensely help our OL. we have the cap space

RT - Jawaan Taylor - oh, another OT. i don't care that we are paying a premium, we need players

WR - Keenan Allen - cut candidate, maybe you could insert Hopkins/Evans/Thomas, but the point being we get a #1 for fields without giving up draft capital, just $, which we have plenty of.

Draft

Trade #1 to Indy for their 2023 1, 2, 3 and 2024 2

Round 1 - Jalen Carter - DT - no comments needed

Round 2 - Keion White - DE - potential day 1 starter. raw, but immense physical gifts

Round 2 - John Michael Schmitz OC - new OC to compete with lucas, potential day 1 starter

Round 3 - Tucker Kraft - TE - new TE2 who has time to develop behind kmet but should be a player

Round 3 - Tyjae Spears - RB - pass catching threat to rotate with herbert as main runner. maybe early in draft, but whatever

Round 4 - Keondre Coburn - DT - more of a 2 down run stopper DT

Round 4 - Payton Wilson - LB - athletic, fast, LONG, decent rushing passer or playing pass. potential future WLB for flus

Round 5 - DJ Turner - CB - cant ever have enough cb depth

Round 5 - Charlie Jones - WR - Pettis replacement at PR/WR5, can play ST as well

Round 7 - Hunter Luepke - FB - honestly at this point in the draft is about depth, maybe we let blasingame walk and use Luepke as ST/FB roll

Depth Chart (starters)

Mooney     Claypool    Kmet    Brown  Jones  JMS   Jenkins   Taylor    Allen

Fields

Herbert/Spears

White          Carter         Coburn/Jones         Gipson/AQM

Thomas/Adams/Morrow      Sanborn         Wilson

Gordon      Turner       Ejax      Brisker        Johnson  

39 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

I can't get this stupid ******* mock simulator to post, so i'll just write it out

FA - With Poles coming from KC and seeing how they rebuilt the line after the Bucs SB, and with us having the most cap space and a QB that's cheap for 3 more years, Poles attacks. (i'm not doing contract details because this is supposed to be quick)

LT - Orlando Brown - i know some people don't like him because he's not elite but still expensive. however, he is a very good player and would immensely help our OL. we have the cap space

RT - Jawaan Taylor - oh, another OT. i don't care that we are paying a premium, we need players

WR - Keenan Allen - cut candidate, maybe you could insert Hopkins/Evans/Thomas, but the point being we get a #1 for fields without giving up draft capital, just $, which we have plenty of.

Draft

Trade #1 to Indy for their 2023 1, 2, 3 and 2024 2

Round 1 - Jalen Carter - DT - no comments needed

Round 2 - Keion White - DE - potential day 1 starter. raw, but immense physical gifts

Round 2 - John Michael Schmitz OC - new OC to compete with lucas, potential day 1 starter

Round 3 - Tucker Kraft - TE - new TE2 who has time to develop behind kmet but should be a player

Round 3 - Tyjae Spears - RB - pass catching threat to rotate with herbert as main runner. maybe early in draft, but whatever

Round 4 - Keondre Coburn - DT - more of a 2 down run stopper DT

Round 4 - Payton Wilson - LB - athletic, fast, LONG, decent rushing passer or playing pass. potential future WLB for flus

Round 5 - DJ Turner - CB - cant ever have enough cb depth

Round 5 - Charlie Jones - WR - Pettis replacement at PR/WR5, can play ST as well

Round 7 - Hunter Luepke - FB - honestly at this point in the draft is about depth, maybe we let blasingame walk and use Luepke as ST/FB roll

Depth Chart (starters)

Mooney     Claypool    Kmet    Brown  Jones  JMS   Jenkins   Taylor    Allen

Fields

Herbert/Spears

White          Carter         Coburn/Jones         Gipson/AQM

Thomas/Adams/Morrow      Sanborn         Wilson

Gordon      Turner       Ejax      Brisker        Johnson  

To post an image on this website it has to be hosted somewhere on the net, not just your computer.

So you have to upload it to a site like Imgur and then post it.

Some will let you just copy and paste, others it won't come out right.

39 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

Haha, always happens to me

It seems unlikely, but if we grabbed Brown/Taylor to just revamp the OL in one swoop, I cant act like Id be mad about it. 

As far as the Draft, I have often stared at the Carter/White/JMS trio after a Colts trade down. And man it would be AWESOME. Unfortunately, I think both White and JMS are creeping up the board out of our range.

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

To post an image on this website it has to be hosted somewhere on the net, not just your computer.

So you have to upload it to a site like Imgur and then post it.

Some will let you just copy and paste, others it won't come out right.

yeah, i actually don't care that much haha. i have copy/pasted images before, but it didn't work this time. whatever

38 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

It seems unlikely, but if we grabbed Brown/Taylor to just revamp the OL in one swoop, I cant act like Id be mad about it. 

right, it seems very unlikely. but i keep thinking about how we have "weapons" with cap space and the #1 pick. Poles was in KC when they traded for brown, signed thuney, and drafted humphrey and smith. Would he see eagles, with their 70 sacks, put up a goose egg in the SB and think "hey, i have money and can get guys that will help with that." then focus on the draft to get DL like carter/white/coburn like i did? who knows. this was just a thought exercise - not the most realistic, but definitely maybe an option

41 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

As far as the Draft, I have often stared at the Carter/White/JMS trio after a Colts trade down. And man it would be AWESOME. Unfortunately, I think both White and JMS are creeping up the board out of our range.

I have no idea how the draft is going to shake out. the simulators are all over the place - i tried to base some of it off Dane Brugler's just released updated top-100, but there's no way of knowing. I thought maybe trying to pass on JMS and grab tippman with our 3rd, but even he went at the end of the 2nd. there's always guys that people think are going high that end up dropping and vice versa - i remember people thinking about gareon conley in the 2nd and he went top 20. There would also likely involve other trades besides the #1, but i just don't have the effort level to work them all out. i thought maybe trading our 3rd to grab a later 3rd and 4th, but again, laziness

• Like 1