Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

9 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

right, it seems very unlikely. but i keep thinking about how we have "weapons" with cap space and the #1 pick. Poles was in KC when they traded for brown, signed thuney, and drafted humphrey and smith. Would he see eagles, with their 70 sacks, put up a goose egg in the SB and think "hey, i have money and can get guys that will help with that." then focus on the draft to get DL like carter/white/coburn like i did? who knows. this was just a thought exercise - not the most realistic, but definitely maybe an option

I’m a big proponent of making OL the top priority of FA. I don’t think we go big twice at OT mostly because I think they like Brax a lot and want to give him another year, but I’d be all kinds of on board with a top of market RT and LG to give us some strong knowns to build around, then drafting a C to compete with Patrick/Musty/Kraemer in R3/4. 

• Like 4

I quite enjoy the PFF's UI over most mock simulators, but they just updated their rankings again and I just cant take alot of it seriously.

They have always had Tanner McKee high, but 29? I might not actually have Will Levis as high as 29 much less Tanner McKee.

Outside of that though, they are skewing alot of other places, Devon Witherspoon at #6? Brian Branch at #9? They have pushed Calijah Kancey to #14 while dropping Murphy to #19? And while pushing the Super Project Andre Carter to #24, they have dropped Kelee Ringo to #75? That is Crazy to me. 

They also dropped Darnell's (Wright and Washington) to #71 and #72 respectively

Its suddenly making for some completely unrealistic mocks, not to mention their Trade value seems to be getting more and more advantageous

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I quite enjoy the PFF's UI over most mock simulators, but they just updated their rankings again and I just cant take alot of it seriously.

They have always had Tanner McKee high, but 29? I might not actually have Will Levis as high as 29 much less Tanner McKee.

Outside of that though, they are skewing alot of other places, Devon Witherspoon at #6? Brian Branch at #9? They have pushed Calijah Kancey to #14 while dropping Murphy to #19? And while pushing the Super Project Andre Carter to #24, they have dropped Kelee Ringo to #75? That is Crazy to me. 

Its suddenly making for some completely unrealistic mocks, not to mention their Trade value seems to be getting more and more advantageous

Murphy has been dropping every where though, I personally don't know why since nothing has come out or up with him yet. It's going to be interesting to follow all these guys through April.

4 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

PFF is single-handedly skewing the whole fan made mocks draft market lol. The average fan just assumes at this point the arbitrary inaccurate value placed on certain players or removed from them is the tell on where the player should actually be drafted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Murphy has been dropping every where though, I personally don't know why since nothing has come out or up with him yet. It's going to be interesting to follow all these guys through April.

Its fine to drop him from just behind Anderson/Carter, but he is still a Top 10 prospect (Ill give you Top 12 if you are artificially inflating the QBs) but to push him to 19 is just absurd. They push him behind Bresee!

Guy who do these rankings put way more effort into them than even the most committed on this forum, but that also leads to bad tendencies, like becoming bored or complacent with prospects. And that really shines through on guys like Murphy, who looks exactly the same on tape in 2022 that he did in 2021. But again, they didnt ask him to do anything different. If there were reports that he couldnt learn anything new, thats a different story, but thats not what it looks like (its been like that for alot of Clemson defenders, they just get high end recruits and just tell them to do what they are good at, not really develop them unless those players do it on their own time)

Murphy is a great specimen, with mouth watering attributes. So it then comes down to how coachable he is and how much he wants it, which just arent things that any of us (including guys with websites) will ever get a real read on. And if you are counting on teams to tell you the truth there, then Ive got couple of bridges to sell you.

But Murphy isnt even the most egregious move they made in this round of updates. The Kelee Ringo hate going on right now is absurd. Even if you think he cant be a good CB, he should be a Top 50 pick as a potential Safety alone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Its fine to drop him from just behind Anderson/Carter, but he is still a Top 10 prospect (Ill give you Top 12 if you are artificially inflating the QBs) but to push him to 19 is just absurd. They push him behind Bresee!

Guy who do these rankings put way more effort into them than even the most committed on this forum, but that also leads to bad tendencies, like becoming bored or complacent with prospects. And that really shines through on guys like Murphy, who looks exactly the same on tape in 2022 that he did in 2021. But again, they didnt ask him to do anything different. If there were reports that he couldnt learn anything new, thats a different story, but thats not what it looks like (its been like that for alot of Clemson defenders, they just get high end recruits and just tell them to do what they are good at, not really develop them unless those players do it on their own time)

Murphy is a great specimen, with mouth watering attributes. So it then comes down to how coachable he is and how much he wants it, which just arent things that any of us (including guys with websites) will ever get a real read on. And if you are counting on teams to tell you the truth there, then Ive got couple of bridges to sell you.

But Murphy isnt even the most egregious move they made in this round of updates. The Kelee Ringo hate going on right now is absurd. Even if you think he cant be a good CB, he should be a Top 50 pick as a potential Safety alone. 

One of the biggest problems with these rankings is that they get so much traction now that the people who create them feel the need to adjust them constantly so the content doesn’t become stale. PFF or PFN or ESPN or whoever gets less clicks if they run the same rankings out there for 5 straight months. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

One of the biggest problems with these rankings is that they get so much traction now that the people who create them feel the need to adjust them constantly so the content doesn’t become stale. PFF or PFN or ESPN or whoever gets less clicks if they run the same rankings out there for 5 straight months. 

Clicks driving content, over content driving clicks. It’s the downfall of the internet society 

• Like 2

I want these to be real so bad.

pfn-logo-black
  • CHI
    Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Tyree Wilson
    EDGE Texas Tech
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Zay Flowers
    WR Boston College
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Darnell Wright
    OT Tennessee

• CHI
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• CHI
    Rashee Rice
    WR SMU
    trade icon
  • CHI
    DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• CHI
    Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• CHI
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State

• CHI
    Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan

• CHI
    Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati

• 2024 CLE 1st

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I want these to be real so bad.

pfn-logo-black
  • CHI
    Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Tyree Wilson
    EDGE Texas Tech
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Zay Flowers
    WR Boston College
    trade icon
  • CHI
    Darnell Wright
    OT Tennessee

• CHI
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• CHI
    Rashee Rice
    WR SMU
    trade icon
  • CHI
    DeMarvion Overshown
    LB Texas

• CHI
    Tyjae Spears
    RB Tulane

• CHI
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State

• CHI
    Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan

• CHI
    Josh Whyle
    TE Cincinnati

• 2024 CLE 1st

If this actually happens,I will stop wearing pants to work.

• Like 1

Trade down till you can't trade down no more then focus more on helping the offence...

Saw STL said they redid the rankings so I have to try one.

pff-mock-results.png

Carter for the 3T

D Jones gets to be the mammoth RT

Gibbs gives explosion at RB that we haven't had in a long time

Wright is competing at RT with Jones at RT and LG

Sanders is the WILL most likely, will be able to compete with EDGE on obvious passing downs

Dexter is the NT

Vorhees will be learning to snap day one.

Moss can step in at FS if EJax isn't healing well

Cox Jr moves to SAM and is a rotational EDGE

I like Hall more than most. Not getting Fields 2.0 but definitely a plus athlete.

• Like 1