Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

I meant AZ dammit. Don't toy with me! 

My bad.  I now associate **** smearing and cars with madmike90 now.  Az?  That’s easy.  Granted, the fact that we follow eachother on multiple social media sites makes that considerably easier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Charbonnet there would be awesome, however I think some team will take him a lot earlier than we expect. Rams? Seahawks? Maybe even Detroit if lose Williams in FA

I hate trying to guess where RBs will go. Edge, OTs, QBs, etc you generally get an idea.  But for RBs you can guess the top 1-2 and then it's just whatever the hell happens.  Lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I hate trying to guess where RBs will go. Edge, OTs, QBs, etc you generally get an idea.  But for RBs you can guess the top 1-2 and then it's just whatever the hell happens.  Lol

Yeah Robinson is the only one that's a surefire round one lock..... Gibbs should go beteen picks 20 and 48 but even that's a pretty big range. After that though you aren't lying, it's the wild west.  One of the more interesting ones I've seen is Sean Tucker-Syracuse.... I've seen sims have him as an early 2nd rounder, being the guy immediately after Gibbs, flaunting his multi time state champion track credentials..... and another sim that has him as a 5th-6th rounder behind like 6 other guys....

The TCU running back, Brown from Illini, Corum from Michigan, Gibbs, and maybe Tucker (for him it'll depend on his combine testing a touch more) are all guys that interest me, depending on where they fall too.....   I've got RB as a low key need for this team yet and that need would go higher if we ended up going crazy and signing Barkley in FA, given his health concerns (though neither Monty nor Herbert could make the entire season already)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Yeah Robinson is the only one that's a surefire round one lock..... Gibbs should go beteen picks 20 and 48 but even that's a pretty big range. After that though you aren't lying, it's the wild west.  One of the more interesting ones I've seen is Sean Tucker-Syracuse.... I've seen sims have him as an early 2nd rounder, being the guy immediately after Gibbs, flaunting his multi time state champion track credentials..... and another sim that has him as a 5th-6th rounder behind like 6 other guys....

The TCU running back, Brown from Illini, Corum from Michigan, Gibbs, and maybe Tucker (for him it'll depend on his combine testing a touch more) are all guys that interest me, depending on where they fall too.....   I've got RB as a low key need for this team yet and that need would go higher if we ended up going crazy and signing Barkley in FA, given his health concerns (though neither Monty nor Herbert could make the entire season already)

We need one for sure unless Monty is back, and even then maybe a late flyer, but with there being a ton of solid or better ones in FA this year my gut is telling me we go with Herbert and a vet, and then maybe draft an upside guy at the end of the draft who ideally pushes Ebner down the depth chart.

Also, I’ll kindly ask that you all keep your BMs out of my vehicle. I don’t even let the kids have drinks in there unless it’s a road trip, and one of them is a teenager. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Epyon said:

McIntosh is a guy I'd love to take a shot at in the 4th or so. Great receiver and has speed. Not shifty as some guys in the class but solid. I get some Forte vibes from him because of how he's used. 

I'm a fan of Tank, Charbonnet, Gibbs (fantastic WR as well), Corum, Brown, and the Pitt kids I can't pronounce. I call him Izzy. 

I would LOVE to get Achane late as a returner who can play a gadget role. He's basically what I want Velus to be. 

Had a good one on PFF

1. Jalen Carter DL  (1) 

2. Paris Johnson OT  (1) 

3. Rashee Rice WR  (2) 

4. Cedric Gray WLB  (3) 

5. KJ Henry Edge   (3) 

6. Byron Young DL  (4) 

7. Olusegun Oluwatimi C  (5) 

8. Cedric Tillman WR  (5) 

9. Chris Smith S (6) 

10. Jonah Tavai DL  (6) 

11. Brandon Dorlus Edge  (7)

Plus 2 extra 2024 2nds 

So a hypothetical I keep running into for draft trades:

Detroit wants #2 to take a QB.   They're willing to pay big for it, but you might be giving a division rival (one with a decently well constructed roster) the man under center who might be kicking your teeth in the next 2 decades.... Do you pull the trigger?

1 minute ago, Epyon said:

Detroit wants #2 to take a QB.   They're willing to pay big for it, but you might be giving a division rival (one with a decently well constructed roster) the man under center who might be kicking your teeth in the next 2 decades.... Do you pull the trigger?

Yeah, because my job is to make my team better, not worry about what the ramifications are for other teams. Even if I’m losing twice to Detroit every year, there’s 15 other games to play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Yeah, because my job is to make my team better, not worry about what the ramifications are for other teams. Even if I’m losing twice to Detroit every year, there’s 15 other games to play.

You got balls of solid rock, that's the guts a GM should have. I agree.

I'd actually like to see a GM swap picks with a divisional foe, whoever wins more games will get the better pick. That's completely unrealistic but damn it would exciting to mme. Makes the divisional record even bigger. 

18 hours ago, Epyon said:

I don’t trade scared.  Every draft pick is a crap shoot especially QB.  

If I am 49ers I might not trade Joe Montana to division rival when I have Young.  Known players are a different ball game.  

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 3:58 PM, Epyon said:

I take at least both their firsts this year, so #5 and #18. that ~might~ be fair with those picks alone, but that doesn't factor in a premium for QB at 1.1 and a premium for trading in division, which i think should be a thing. 

• Like 1

The trades people are posting online are so insane.

I almost think it is not the program they are just manually doing it.

I hope people keep expectations a little more realistic.

We aren't getting 3 2024 first rounders plus 5 highly coveted players in first 2 rounds of draft.

52 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The trades people are posting online are so insane.

I almost think it is not the program they are just manually doing it.

I hope people keep expectations a little more realistic.

We aren't getting 3 2024 first rounders plus 5 highly coveted players in first 2 rounds of draft.

The best I am getting on PFF when trading with the Colts is...

#4/#35/#79/#99

2024 1st + 3rd

CB Kenny Moore II

If we could get that IRL it would be amazing enough but 3 2024 1st & 5 players in the first 2 rounds is insane haha.