Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

22 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

The best I am getting on PFF when trading with the Colts is...

#4/#35/#79/#99

2024 1st + 3rd

CB Kenny Moore II

If we could get that IRL it would be amazing enough but 3 2024 1st & 5 players in the first 2 rounds is insane haha.

The Colts aren't trading 6 picks and a player to move up 3 spots

I did a mock simulation on my lunch break today.  Traded with Houston for both firsts, a second and both firsts next year. 

2) DE Will Anderson

12) DT Jalen Carter

33) OC John Michael Schmitz

55) LB Tommy Eichenberg

I didn't draft a WR until the 4th or 5th round.  I was busy building up the pass rush and O-line 

42 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

I did a mock simulation on my lunch break today.  Traded with Houston for both firsts, a second and both firsts next year. 

2) DE Will Anderson

12) DT Jalen Carter

33) OC John Michael Schmitz

55) LB Tommy Eichenberg

I didn't draft a WR until the 4th or 5th round.  I was busy building up the pass rush and O-line 

Did they also offer their 2025 1st? 🙄

Guys I know some of these are fun but can we at least try to keep them realistic or somewhat realistic?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

I don't think PFF is a good simulator at all.  Unrealistic trades and picks.  I also dont think the lions would trade up if the other two QBs have been taken at that point.  Would be great draft though if it were to happen.

If you adjust the settings correctly it can be a decent sim. Their rankings are still out of whack in some places. Other popular Sims are WAY too far the other way in the garbage trades they offer. Obviously none of them are going to be perfect, or even close to reality.

As for this situation, I think the Lions could be willing to move up, but not for CJ Stroud, who is Jared Goff.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If you adjust the settings correctly it can be a decent sim. Their rankings are still out of whack in some places. Other popular Sims are WAY too far the other way in the garbage trades they offer. Obviously none of them are going to be perfect, or even close to reality.

As for this situation, I think the Lions could be willing to move up, but not for CJ Stroud, who is Jared Goff.

I really don’t think DET is going to take a QB in round 1. Goff has been really good this year (esp. in the 2nd half of the season). Even if he’s a guy who needs to be surrounded by top talent to succeed, he is. St. Brown is a dude, and Jameson Williams has game breaking speed and huge potential. Swift and Jamaal Williams (pending UFA) are good backs. Their OL is good. They’re set up to push to compete next year and maybe for a few years, and that’s before they potentially add two non-QB top 20 prospects into that mix. You can make a good argument either way, but a rookie QB might be a short term step back that shortens their competitive window.

As for Jamaal Williams, if we don’t bring back Montgomery I think he makes a lot of sense for us. Stylistically they are very similar. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I really don’t think DET is going to take a QB in round 1.

Oh, I dont either. Im just saying, if they were going to get a QB, it wouldnt be the refreshed version of the guy they already have. (although, nearly every Lions blog has QB at the top of their Draft Needs) 

The key to Goff isnt necessarily the weapons. Yes he can look elite at time with great weapons, but the key for him is the Offensive Line and keeping him clean, which the Lions are in Great shape with.

I have to assume they will be going all Defense in this draft, which is actually another huge factor we have to consider. However small, there are scenarios if we trade down more than once, that Jalen Carter ends up in Detroit, and that would be No Bueno

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

I really don’t think DET is going to take a QB in round 1. Goff has been really good this year (esp. in the 2nd half of the season). Even if he’s a guy who needs to be surrounded by top talent to succeed, he is. St. Brown is a dude, and Jameson Williams has game breaking speed and huge potential. Swift and Jamaal Williams (pending UFA) are good backs. Their OL is good. They’re set up to push to compete next year and maybe for a few years, and that’s before they potentially add two non-QB top 20 prospects into that mix. You can make a good argument either way, but a rookie QB might be a short term step back that shortens their competitive window.

As for Jamaal Williams, if we don’t bring back Montgomery I think he makes a lot of sense for us. Stylistically they are very similar. 

Goff is not the guy.   I don't know about the rookies, but I know Goff is a middling NFL QB at best.  McVay had his measure and I agree with him.   

Goes to show anybody looks pretty good to decent with a good OL, RB and WRs.

But you aren't winning a title with a guy like Goff unless he has an all star team around him.

This is Detroits last year high in draft for awhile without trading way up.   They have accumulated too much talent to continue to suck and draft in top 5.     

Now is time for them to take a QB.   They punted last year.

I can see how coaches don't like to take rookies with a good team.   It's hard to win with rookies early and they don't want to wait.  But that is right decision for franchise.

If the rookies are good that is.   I don't know much about Stroud and Young.   Saw Stroud highlights in last game.   He looked pretty good.

P.S.  I think Fields takes Detroit to playoffs and past first round this past season with that team.

Goff and Wentz looked like home run deals in year 2.  Wentz more than Goff, but Goff looked arrow pointing up.  

Funny how things turned out in long run.  

Still if they ended up better those deals were 100% worth it.   

Goff still went to conference and then SB and Wentz may have won a SB in Philly but for his injury year Foles won it.   This they achieved after they made those big trades for draft capital.

A big draft deal is not a death sentence most people assume it to be.  Nor is it a path to a dynasty.

Cleveland and Titans didn't do that much with all their riches.   They did add some big talent though.

They could have done a lot more in hindsight of course.  Just like Raiders didn't do much with their Khalil Mack trade riches.   

Someone said Goff trade didn't get done until 2 weeks before draft.

This is going to be such a long wait.   At least we should have some FAs to discuss in meantime.

Seemed like a lot of years we didn't even have a first round pick after trades for Cutler and Mack.  Draft isn't as much without a first rounder.

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Rashee Rice looks like a good player just watching his highlights.  

He is my favorite WR in this class after the perceived top guys (in no order, JSN, Addison and Johnston), and may move up from there for me. I see a lot of draft cycle Michael Thomas to his game. Very curious to watch him at the Senior Bowl. 

• Like 1