Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

28 minutes ago, BearsFanForever said:

Are you suggesting we trade Fields to Detroit?  They better compensate really well then.

No.  I was saying put hypothetically if Fields was QB on Detroit in 2022 they do better than they did with Goff at QB.

And Fields does way better than he did with Bears roster.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

No.  I was saying put hypothetically if Fields was QB on Detroit in 2022 they do better than they did with Goff at QB.

And Fields does way better than he did with Bears roster.

Fields on our current roster with no changes other than a good OL - how much better is he as a passer? I’d guess a lot. Not saying he’d be Burrow as a passer, but a stretch to say… top half of the league? I don’t think so. Combined with his run tool and that’s a dangerous damn player who still has sizable growth potential.

That’s why our offensive improvement HAS to start up front. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

In Dane Brugler's updated 2 round mock, he has the Bears trading down to 4 (for that pick, #35 and a FRP next year) and taking Carter, then BJ Ojulari then Cedric Tillman

Carter would obviously be a great fit. Not sure I see Ojulari as a scheme fit for us - I think he’s more a 3-4 edge rusher at his size.

Cedric Tillman intrigues me quite a bit. His highlight clip shows a lot of really desirable things like contested catch ability, post-catch physicality (LOVE the way he runs after the catch), willingness to work the middle, and he has WR1 size at 6’3” 215 lb. Scouting reports I saw said he’s a willing and capable blocker too. Want to see his timed speed, but he looks plenty fast against SEC competition in that clip. Some will downgrade him for being 23 next year, but not me. Definitely a guy on my watch list for the Senior Bowl. 

• Like 2

Been Bears fan since a boy in ‘84 and following offseason moves since maybe mid 90s and more closely as internet grew.  

2021 was my favorite Bears draft in real time.  I thought Pace did great getting two of my favorite players in draft with first two picks. Totally wasn’t expecting either to happen.

But 2023 is most I have been excited for offseason moves as there are so many possibilities. 

I did think 2019 was going to be a huge year in offseason and made all these big predictions of success and a playoff run, but that ended during training camp for me.  A lot of guys I thought were going to take this big jump forward didn’t and it was evident early.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

In Dane Brugler's updated 2 round mock, he has the Bears trading down to 4 (for that pick, #35 and a FRP next year) and taking Carter, then BJ Ojulari then Cedric Tillman

That trade feels about the most realistic right now...I still suspect we could get a player included at a position of need as well...best thing that could happen is they hire someone who wants to run a 3-4 D.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

In the most generous Draft Value Charts, that is valuing the Future 1st at the VERY end of the round.

Seems like with them going up to get their preferred QB (possibly the only one they like) and jumping a divisional rival for it, probably needs a bit more. As Ive stated many times, the jump from #6 to #3 that the Jets made for Darnold was 3 second rounders, two of them in that years draft.

Feels like at the least their 4th would need to be involved, if not that Washington 3rd that they own. Or it comes in the form of an addition Future pick.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

In the most generous Draft Value Charts, that is valuing the Future 1st at the VERY end of the round.

Seems like with them going up to get their preferred QB (possibly the only one they like) and jumping a divisional rival for it, probably needs a bit more. As Ive stated many times, the jump from #6 to #3 that the Jets made for Darnold was 3 second rounders, two of them in that years draft.

Feels like at the least their 4th would need to be involved, if not that Washington 3rd that they own. Or it comes in the form of an addition Future pick.

It certainly felt light from that point of view. I think the 3rd or even a 4th or 2nd next year needs to be added

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

2021 was my favorite Bears draft in real time.  I thought Pace did great getting two of my favorite players in draft with first two picks. Totally wasn’t expecting either to happen.

Same. I was so pumped,  those were the exact two picks I wanted and made real time.  Sad Pace's best draft was his last. Lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think most mock drafts are going to have a trade that is more conservative than not. i agree with you that 4, 2nd, and 2024 1st is likely the base, with a bonus pick thrown required to jump a division rival for their QB of choice

• Like 1