Mocks and Simulations

dll2000

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

You ever draft guys in a mock simulator and then go look at youtube videos of who the heck you just drafted?

100% yes. I actually did that with Cedric Tillman after Brugler mocked him to us. He looked far more explosive on film than I expected, and he works after contact for extra yards like a RB. LOVE that. I’d be exceedingly pleased if we added him to our squad. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

100% yes. I actually did that with Cedric Tillman after Brugler mocked him to us. He looked far more explosive on film than I expected, and he works after contact for extra yards like a RB. LOVE that. I’d be exceedingly pleased if we added him to our squad. 

It’ll be easier for me to scout once we get a more realistic value on these receivers imo. A lot of guys I watched I would love if we got them in round 4, maybe 3, but wasn’t sure if they were being touted even higher 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I think one thing I learned about Poles from last year is he will dogmatically stick to his big board regardless of positional need.  QB being exception.  

I don’t think we can really conclude anything about how Poles works his board based off of a single draft. I’m assuming you’re referencing the two DBs he took in R2 here, but corner and safety were both HUGE needs last year going into the draft too, so it’s not like he ignored need to take those guys. We had a ton of big needs last year on draft weekend. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think we can really conclude anything about how Poles works his board based off of a single draft. I’m assuming you’re referencing the two DBs he took in R2 here, but corner and safety were both HUGE needs last year going into the draft too, so it’s not like he ignored need to take those guys. We had a ton of big needs last year on draft weekend. 

I put together all times I have heard him speak on draft, the draft videos showing comments and the actual picks to form that opinion.  

That is my conclusion.   Could be wrong, I don't think I am.  

I think he has nearly said as much somewhere.  So it is not such a stretch.   Not going bother to look for it.

Edited by dll2000
typo

On 12/29/2022 at 12:04 PM, dll2000 said:

https://nfldraftlounge.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

This one gives stingier trades than others.  Their computer generated selections are different than others though.  Players can drop that probably won't.

At least according to other sims.

That sim seems a bit clunky and slow, the trades are all over the place. 

Try The Pick Is In