The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

lol imagine thinking that it's a problem if he plays too well when the alternate is playing Brendan Smith.

There is no such thing as a problem brought on by "he's playing too well"

You may have to make a hard choice - if he's playing well and you don't want to burn the year, you send him down. Point blank. If you're willing to burn it (and truthfully, I think fans somewhat overrate the burning of an ELC year), then you keep him up.

Im not going to be the one to go into the locker room and explain why Nemec is playing well but we cant keep him up because of his contract, then subsequently put back in Ohkotyuk and he struggle during a playoff race

Thats setting yourself up for failure.

Nemec has played pro since 15, i dont think he needs nine games to see what he already knows. Either keep him up for good and playoff experience or just leave him down

1 minute ago, Forge said:
There is no such thing as a problem brought on by "he's playing too well"

You may have to make a hard choice - if he's playing well and you don't want to burn the year, you send him down. Point blank. If you're willing to burn it (and truthfully, I think fans somewhat overrate the burning of an ELC year), then you keep him up.

Im not going to be the one to go into the locker room and explain why Nemec is playing well but we cant keep him up because of his contract, then subsequently put back in Ohkotyuk and he struggle during a playoff race

Thats setting yourself up for failure.

Nemec has played pro since 15, i dont think he needs nine games to see what he already knows. Either keep him up for good and playoff experience or just leave him down

Was that your response or his response to you?

Was that your response or his response to you?

I said that there was no problem brought on by playing too well. He was the one talking about playing pro slovakian hockey at 15 somehow indicative of playing in the NHL right now lol 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I said that there was no problem brought on by playing too well. He was the one talking about playing pro slovakian hockey at 15 somehow indicative of playing in the NHL right now lol 

Better off not posting in that cesspool. They just argue because they like to argue.

• Like 1

Better off not posting in that cesspool. They just argue because they like to argue.

People legit don't even pay attention to what you're saying...they just want to push back. 

Me: 

It's not going to stifle his long term development to get a handful of games. Nothing wrong with the 9 game tryout during a period where Marino may be out long term.

Him: 

Im not speaking on how he feels or how hed perform. id just keep him down without second thought unless you traded Damon or Marino

Dude....Marino isn't playing. That's the point. 

LOL

If Marino is healthy, this isn't a conversation because the right side is set. 

• Like 1

On the bright side, people who are watching indicate that Petr Hauser looks good. That's nice. He's a bigger power forward type, so probably wouldn't see him in the NHL for years upon years given how long it takes those type of players to develop, but still, step in the right direction 

• Like 1